Soulcalibur V coming as a Digital Download!

• Admin
Namco just announced today that Soulcalibur V will be coming as a digital download to both Playstation Network and Xbox Live this Tuesday on April 23. Though this shouldn't really matter since everyone reading this message on this website should already have a copy of the game!

The game will be available at a discounted price at $19.99. So if you haven't picked it up yet, this would be a great time to do so... especially if you don't have it for both consoles. In Europe as well, there will be a "Legendary Edition" for 29.99 which features the game and all available DLC.
SOULCALIBUR™V is coming to Xbox® Live Games on Demand and PlayStation®Store!

The latest entry in the premier weapons-based head-to-head fighting series continues with the epic struggle of warriors in search for the legendary Soul Swords.

SOULCALIBUR™V will be available for 19.99€/19.99$ in Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download on April 23rd, 2013 on Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand.
It will be available on the PlayStation®Network for 19.99€/19.99$, on April 23rd for North America and on April 24th for Europe, North America, Middle East, Africa and Australasia.
In addition to the stand-alone version of SoulCalibur V is coming to Xbox® LIVE Games on Demand and via the PlayStation®Network, an exclusive SOULCALIBUR™V: Legendary Edition will also be available for download in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia for download for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for 29.99€.

The Legendary Edition includes the full game, plus the additional character Dampierre and the downloadable costumes and armor sets.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Now if the legendary Version counted as a new game that they can patch for free three times ...............

Wanted that for Vita for a long time, it's the Vitas fault Blazblue is the main game now.

Is my thinkin correct that an all digital (HD) version would load faster than a disc with HD install?

And if you get the digital version can/will it use the save files for your existing SCV (re- able to use all the DC already bought and all the unlocked charas)?

they realize the game is dead because of their inaction BUT THEY WANT MOAR MONIES!!! i think this is rather hilarious to be honest. who's with me?

Or you could be positive about this and think like "Maybe Namco is trying to get a feel if there is interest in SC still so we can make more games."

Or you could be a negative nancy and think its all for money. Marketing is a clever thing my friend. If you owned a multi million dollar company....wouldnt you want to make more money so you can continue to be a multi million dollar company? Seems like economics 101 homes. Put down the interwebz and read a book!

Or you could be positive about this and think like "Maybe Namco is trying to get a feel if there is interest in SC still so we can make more games."

Or you could be a negative nancy and think its all for money. Marketing is a clever thing my friend. If you owned a multi million dollar company....wouldnt you want to make more money so you can continue to be a multi million dollar company? Seems like economics 101 homes. Put down the interwebz and read a book!

yes. right. i dont read books or know anything about economics and im being negative for pointing out what is clearly true about SCV. it was rushed and they stopped supporting it early, many things unbalanced or outright broken. and yes it's all about money. as you pointed out. they are a multi-million dollar company that has recently (in the last couple years released a few games that didnt do well at all. SCV and TTT2. so yes. they are trying to recoup their losses i should think. but what do i know? how about -you- go read a book?

p.s. why would namco need to do this of all things to find out if there is interest still in SC. they are NAMCO. they have the servers, they have every record of activity in the game from the time the game launced till the time those servers shut down (whenever that might be) they know whether or not interest has died down on this game or not, but you and i both know the answer to that even without being namco or having those records. obvious lack of interest is obvious.

Well that escalated quickly. Anyways, I agree with HRD and prefer to view the glass as half full. Hopefully this means that Namco's interested in the Soul Calibur series again! Seriously Project Soul, take my money.

Im sorry you feel so negative towards it. Im also sorry i mentioned anything

it's more frustration than anything. SC has been my absolute favorite fighting game for the last i dunno 10+ year, and i expressly play SC; no other fighting games have ever been interesting enough for me to bother. i was one of the guys yelling myself hoarse on the facebook petition page for them not to quit on it and wanting SCV to be made, and what happened? imo this was the worst round of SC ever.

so yeah, after all that i think i should be frustrated, and no i dont realistically expect another SC to be made; they barely made this one, and it didnt do well financially or critics wise. if they do make another one. awesome, id love that. hopefully they learned from this and it will be better than this one. but im certainly not getting my hopes up. so if being realistic about the situation is negative then i guess im negative. as adam orth would say: deal with it. lol

Live streams

1 Viewers
theheartlessproject
theheartlessproject
(18+) [Vtuber] DAY 16 OF SUBATHON STREAM!!!!, every sub adds an hr, every dollar donation adds 10 mins
1 Viewers
Uber_Wizard
Uber_Wizard
PS5 SoulCalibur VI 4.16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back