Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
You know if they're are going to add Edgemaster he would be better served being placed in the CaS option.
I think it would be nice to see this as a free update, his fighting style as a CAS-only option. That shouldn't require much development time.

One of the mentions I found of Edge Master was in a list with CAS as its own separate entry. I wish I could tell for certain if they were planning on adding him or if it was some kind of 2B name placeholder.

Code:
ELuxCharacter::ELC_MITSURUGI
ELuxCharacter::ELC_MINA
ELuxCharacter::ELC_TAKI
ELuxCharacter::ELC_MAXI
ELuxCharacter::ELC_VOLDO
ELuxCharacter::ELC_SOPHITIA
ELuxCharacter::ELC_SIEG
ELuxCharacter::ELC_IVY
ELuxCharacter::ELC_KILIK
ELuxCharacter::ELC_XIANGHUA
ELuxCharacter::ELC_YOSHIMITSU
ELuxCharacter::ELC_NIGHTMARE
ELuxCharacter::ELC_ASTAROTH
ELuxCharacter::ELC_CERVANTES
ELuxCharacter::ELC_RAPHAEL
ELuxCharacter::ELC_TALIM
ELuxCharacter::ELC_TIRA
ELuxCharacter::ELC_ZASALAMEL
ELuxCharacter::ELC_YOSHIMITSU2
ELuxCharacter::ELC_GROH
ELuxCharacter::ELC_AZWEL
ELuxCharacter::ELC_GERALT
ELuxCharacter::ELC_LESSER_LIZARDMAN
ELuxCharacter::ELC_EVIL_KILIK
ELuxCharacter::ELC_EVIL_GROH
ELuxCharacter::ELC_BOSS_AZWEL
ELuxCharacter::ELC_INFERNO
ELuxCharacter::ELC_EDGEMASTER
ELuxCharacter::ELC_CREATION

He's not playable though which is the point. It would be far less polarizing to basically give people the option to make Edgemaster instead of him being paid DLC.

I dont think they're going to give us anything. They might roll that in with some other charge maybe.

I wish I could tell for certain if they were planning on adding him or if it was some kind of 2B name placeholder.

I dont think it could be a 2B placeholder because then where are the other two placeholders?

I dont think they're going to give us anything. They might roll that in with some other charge maybe.

I dont think it could be a 2B placeholder because then where are the other two placeholders?

Lesser Lizardman and Yoshimitsu 2, of course. Can you imagine, Yoshimitsu 2 announced!

Considering I'm finding practically no files related to DLC characters, I suspect they maintain a separate branch of files which contains DLC character assets. Maybe the Edge Master entry was added before they branched out the development files. But I dunno. I feel like it would be weird if Edge Master was used as codename for 2B. They've got a separate codename for 2B in the filenames for promotional assets where she's called "oni."

I think they probably wanted Edgemaster and Lizardman in earlier in dev and ended up cutting them due one reason or the other (I wouldn't be surprised if they had planned on bringing back the full SC1 roaster as much as possible, only 4 chars are missing). That'd explain why a few moves of Lizzy are in properly made + acknowledgement of him in the story in various places, while Edgemaster has a few interactions here and there that indicate he'd be fighting.

Seeing how the game works when loading Cas chars in story though, I can't imagine a streamlined way to have Edgemaster in without breaking the flow. God knows what happened with Aeon.

I never said it's impossible, but there is a huge list of NPCs in the Character Compendium.
...Okay? And? There's a list of NPC's. Cool. That means literally nothing lmao
You may not have ever said it's impossible but just about every time someone suggests that Cassandra or Amy or whoever could be DLC you whip out the "She's an NPC" card over and over. You just did it with Edgemaster. Why does them being listed as an NPC have any bearing on their chances of returning via DLC?

You may not have ever said it's impossible but just about every time someone suggests that Cassandra or Amy or whoever could be DLC you whip out the "She's an NPC" card over and over. You just did it with Edgemaster. Why does them being listed as an NPC have any bearing on their chances of returning via DLC?

I just want Setsuka to possible return in Season 1 that's all. I'm tired of people being jealous of her.

As a member of the Talim fanbase, no, I'm not jealous, and why would I be? Talim made it into SoulCalibur VI, with or without Setsuka. Setsuka's style but not Setsuka herself made it in to SoulCalibur V, but not Talim nor her style. They both coexisted in SoulCalibur III and SoulCalibur IV. Talim and Setsuka seem to have little to no correlation. I'm not even sure where that's coming from. I am neither here nor there about Setsuka's inclusion, but it also has nothing to do with my liking Talim, since I like plenty of other characters as well.

Are you OK there? I get you want Setsuka to make it in the game (heck, she's really the only character I want to return, the rest of the characters I could take or leave), but that's no reason to go and throw around unfounded accusations or attack people who are joking. DanteSC3 only stated reasons why her inclusion seems slim, but I don't think they ever expressed not wanting her to return. I don't recall any Talim fan not wanting her to make it in or are jealous of her.

But Setsuka has one of the most interesting, high execution gameplay experiences Soul Calibur (and allow me to say, fighting games in general) can offer, and I don't think anyone in this forum could be against her inclusion. She just would make the game feel even more serious and competitive, if anything. I don't see how anyone could think it'd be good.

Something else is stating one could feel she'd be left out in favor of another character because of X.

What if Alpha Patroklos returns instead of her? Kappa

1508740920931.gif

I think Setsuka's top of the list for priority of returning characters, actually i would say her and Cassandra share the top spot. Not sure witch of them is a higher priority.

But i would place their chances greater than Hilde, Amy or Yun.

Cassanadra, Amy, & Yun-seong are NPCs.

But Setsuka has one of the most interesting, high execution gameplay experiences Soul Calibur (and allow me to say, fighting games in general) can offer, and I don't think anyone in this forum could be against her inclusion. She just would make the game feel even more serious and competitive, if anything. I don't see how anyone could think it'd be good.

Something else is stating one could feel she'd be left out in favor of another character because of X.

That proves everyone in The Talim Fanbase is jealous of Setsuka and doesn't want her to return.

Back