Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tbh not the biggest talim fan, always been Mitsurugi, Taki and X, but there is no reason characters that have been bad in the past can't be good later. For all we know X could be nerfed to hell. Anyways zwei can be played well, just look at andyroo

It doesn't change the fact that Talim & Z.W.E.I's moves don't matter.

I already know Groh is viable. He isn't broken like SCIV Hilde, he isn't overpowered like Viola after Talim fans begged Project Soul to overbuff Viola because Talim was incomplete, & most importantly he isn't trash like Z.W.E.I. I also know that Xianghua is overpowered again & needs to be nerfed.
How? have you played SCVI? where is this information coming from? is it from a source that got to play the game for hours to tell exactly who is good in SCVI? I don't buy that for a second, not to mention this is an EARLY build that is most likely going to receive quite a lot of updates & changes in the coming weeks, let alone year.

The only things I truely know about Groh is 44A is a really good aGI & 66K is a great super launcher that leads into a strong combo.

Where is this information coming from? Is it from a source that got to play the game for hours to tell exactly who is good in SCVI? I don't buy that for a second, not to mention this is an EARLY build that is most likely going to receive quite a lot of updates & changes in the coming weeks, let alone year.

I haven't played SCVI at all & I've seen a lot of the EVO Japan build of SCVI for 2 months. I know it's an early build, but Xianghua needs to nerfed because of her aGI Lethal Hits get 100+ DMG combos.

Last edited:
Kind of curious if Kilik is opposite of Groh and the leak is true about their relationship, who y'all assume will appear:

Sophitia = If Vergeben is correct, then Cassandra. Otherwise could be Lizzy.
Mitsurugi = Taki. Setsuka doesn't seem likely and the former have their interesting relationship. She's pretty much guaranteed.
Nightmare = Siegfried. Raphael is another possibility.
Xianghua = ????. I can't think of any major conflicts she's had.
Ivy = Cervantes is pretty obvious.
Zasalamel = Geralt? I dunno. Maybe if he is a thing, Groh's father?
Geralt = I don't know. Seems like he might be left of Nightmare. Going to go with Zasalamel or Raphael. Latter seems more likely I guess?

Kind of curious if Kilik is opposite of Groh and the leak is true about their relationship, who y'all assume will appear:

Sophitia = If Vergeben is correct, then Cassandra. Otherwise could be Lizzy.
Mitsurugi = Taki. Setsuka doesn't seem likely and the former have their interesting relationship. She's pretty much guaranteed.
Nightmare = Siegfried. Raphael is another possibility.
Xianghua = ????. I can't think of any major conflicts she's had.
Ivy = Cervantes is pretty obvious.
Geralt = I don't know. Seems like he might be left of Nightmare. Going to go with Zasalamel or Raphael. Latter seems more likely I guess?

I have Xianghua = Talim in my prediction, because she hasn't had any real direct conflicts either. Zasalamel = Grøh's father also seems pretty likely.
Sophitia = Cassandra seems the way to go, as with Mitsurugi = Taki.

In addition, I'll add:
Maxi = Astaroth, that one's pretty obvious too.
Raphael = Tira, as seen in their conflict in the SoulCalibur III opening, but also Raphael paralleling Siegfried and Tira paralleling Nightmare.
Geralt = Yoshimitsu, because they're both "guests", Yoshimitsu being a permaguest from Tekken.
Aeon = Voldo, mostly leftovers, but they're the "beast" type characters, one "good", one "evil".

Yoshimitsu isn't a Tekken guest character though, they're different incarnations. For a start Soul Calibur's Yoshi is right handed while Tekken's Yoshi is left handed. I would have thought this was obvious by now with nearly two decades of Soul Calibur games.

Yoshimitsu isn't a Tekken guest character though, they're different incarnations. For a start Soul Calibur's Yoshi is right handed while Tekken's Yoshi is left handed. I would have thought this was obvious by now with nearly two decades of Soul Calibur games.

Splitting hairs.

Yes, they're different individuals, but it's still a fact that if there wasn't a Yoshimitsu in Tekken then there wouldn't be a Yoshimitsu in SoulCalibur.

Splitting hairs.

Yes, they're different individuals, but it's still a fact that if there wasn't a Yoshimitsu in Tekken then there wouldn't be a Yoshimitsu in SoulCalibur.
That's not what you said which was that Yoshimitsu is a permaguest FROM Tekken. Perhaps a poor choice of words to what you meant which is fine as context gets lost in words all the time but it is something that does need to be cleared up as it gives the impression Yoshimitsu isn't a main part of the Soul Calibur universe which is simply not true.

I don't really know about this one. I get that Geralt hates portals, but I don't think that's enough to justify them having a vandetta against one another.

Well, uh, I mean...yeah, I think it's better to not get involved when it comes to Frayhua and Talim, lol
Ah, I see the newcomers are learning to not reply to any of Frayhua's nonsense.
To be brutally honest, I can't understand half the things he says. His english is...

My earlier guess remains 100% true so far, but I've made some changes based on newer data. Here's two possible scenarios: one assuming 20 characters as implied by the current roster spaces, and one with 24 (assuming Okubo's recent comments about roster size were in reference to the base game).

roster guess low count.jpg

Not sure about Siegfried or Lizardman here, although I personally can't imagine they'd be cut. Otherwise this is the safest guess I could come up with.

roster guess high count.jpg

This scenario allows for a lot more flexibility, so I tried to accommodate Vergeben's primary leak in its entirety. The "New" character could be anything, but here I'm guessing it would be the other newcomer related to Groh. Only character I'm iffy about is Rock, given how low he placed in the popularity poll. I doubt we'll get more than four DLC characters anyway. Also fuck Viola, that leak better be a troll.

Last edited:
You forgot to account for the random button, and we can't be 100% for sure they'll use that middle slot.

This is what I think it'll look like, personally:

Code:
Geralt     Siegfried  Cervantes   Nightmare  Yoshimitsu
Xianghua   Maxi       Sophitia    Astaroth   Talim
Zasalamel  Kilik                  Grøh       Grøh's Father
Aeon       Mitsurugi  Cassandra   Taki       Voldo
Custom     Raphael    Ivy         Tira       Random

And with DLC, in a best case scenario:

Code:
                     Li Long    Hwang      Rock                    
          Geralt     Siegfried  Cervantes  Nightmare    Yoshimitsu  
Z.W.E.I.  Xianghua   Maxi       Sophitia   Astaroth     Talim          Hilde
Algol     Zasalamel  Kilik                 Grøh         Grøh's Father  Dampierre
Viola     Aeon       Mitsurugi  Cassandra  Taki         Voldo          Setsuka
          Custom     Raphael    Ivy        Tira         Random      
                     Amy        Yun-seong  Seong Mi-na

Alternatively, the middle slot could just be the "DLC" slot with an indeterminate amount of characters. I just find it amusing that if you did also include DLC characters, and if my predictions are accurate, that they can also form their own relationship pairings like everyone else.

Edit: Added my own layout roster prediction, plus formatting and such.

Last edited:
I don't really know about this one. I get that Geralt hates portals, but I don't think that's enough to justify them having a vandetta against one another.

What about Raphael? In II he was the destined battle for all the guests in their respective console for some strange reason. Though instead of being opposite of Taki; Mitsurugi and Geralt could be opposite of each other. Maybe if Geralt does do something in this suppose epic story maybe Mitsurugi can finally do something

Guests are usually in an easily recognizable spot. Heck he could be counter to Yoshimitsu (who could either oppose Tira or Voldo.)

Back