Team Crooked Jester September Soulcalibur IV Monthly Results

[9/6/2008] Team Crooked Jester Soul Calibur 4 Monthly Results!

for the record, JMoney gave it away in the final match.

It wasn't really a give away, it was a mistake that self ringed out. It happened to me in casuals.

Give up Mina, they stripped and changed her of many good moves. She's Ms. Fail now. :p

I had a lot of fun last night--first tournament for me. Learned a lot and will definitely come back.

main shout-outs to:

kPc and JMoney for Amy tips

NeoOutlaw for teaching me never to whiff

Hori for having such a good time Psycho Crushing me (never played against cervy... assuming now that it should be side-stepped!)

Sergei for being Russian and chugging vodka like a dostoevskian titular councillor / speaking russian to me

Whitey for sharing my nickname (though mine is my actual last name) and for casuals afterwards.

Whoever told me to drink all their Yuenglings since he'd rather chug rum (I owe you--I had five).

others of course; those whose names escape me.

finally Jaxel for hosting a sweet event and skillfully resetting all the brackeys after the crash.

I'm from NYC and play Amy if this info is needed.

good.

Well, if anyone remembers, I'm Try Again. I came in seventh is says..

Meh, I got caught by random Ivy stuff, I had no experience against her >.<;. Good shit Kazz

I was the only Setsuka player there really....used Asta and Nightmare when I switched. I went 2-0 almost all my matches except Shadow fox and the two I lost.( For the record, Nightmares my main. )

Well, next time will be more fun. Rigel, your mine. ( ^_^ we have an old score to settle....youll remember me as soon as you play me, XD )

Good games to everyone, alot of good players....I must say though, Kid Dizasster's Seigfried is the most insane shit I've seen. Too good.

1st off that tourney was insane ive never seen that many people at a tourney before in my life

2nd i had no idea how much i sucked at this game (offline) that tourney definitlty put me in my place and it was greatly appreciated i need some serious practice

and last but not least shoutout 2 ALL the people that showed up and all the people i sessioned with and 2 jaxels crazy sister for filling me up with alcohol before my match with KLIZZA it was the only reason i won a round LOL

hope too see all at the next monthly my skills should be better as i now have a local crew to session with offline thanx jax 4 hosting an awesome event see u in a month

Great, as if Jersey wasn't full of top-tier players before, now we get this.

Congrats on a great tournament guys!

I had a lot of fun at my first SC tourney! Shout outs to Kit, whitey, ShadowFox, Landslide and Nas

Since I don't wana be 4th to last next time I am gonna have to drop Mina (^_^;)

Fun times, congrats to rigel for taking it and to Jmoney and Zen for repping DE like champs. more props later, I`m tired.

Hey Thanks to Jaxel for hosting this tourney, it's has been awhile since I have done this thing...but now I remember why I did.

Congrats to Rigel, Jmoney, and Klizza for top 3- You guys played well...

Good Games to everyone else, It was a much better turnout than I had expected and that's very nice to see.

Keep Practicing.

And be sure to lookout for Delaware at the next one cuz we are def. coming for an all De top 3

Nice meeting you all..

Hey, I'm the quiet guy who lost his only two tourney games. kPC and KDZ would not have been my picks for my first-ever tourney matches. Oh well.

Soooo much Amy there, omg. And I had no idea how to fight/block her, since the only Amy I ever see is online scrubs. I have no local comp :( Plus I have no clue how to play with a stick, or on a PS3 controller. Looks like I need to buy a stick and learn how to use it if I'm gonna keep coming to tourneys =/. I did a lot better in my casuals on a 360 pad.

Big thanks to Jaxel for organizing the tourney and recovering from the BSoD. Tons of people - good stuff. Except for a knife-wielding supermod. I dunno about that.

fwiw, I'm from NJ and played Taki.

Milk, stop whiffing.
Dreamkiller, I wish I could study Taki under you. Damn. Hopefully some of your vids will go up.

Damn I haven't attended a tourney in 6 years and I go to one after so long, and it's a big one.

Had a good time. I choked first match against Rigel. But I tried to make it up as best as I could. At least he won the tourney so I don't feel so bad!

Serge - You're crazy man lol. We definitely have to hang out soon though.

Klizza / Nevermind Me - good to see you guys again after so many years.

Tim - Hope you had a good birthday. Wake up earlier next time lol

Kowtow - Thanks for picking me up man. Damn Tim is useless!! We gotta play next time though.

350z - We gotta speak more man about Ivy. Too bad we didn't get enough time to.

Papy_Danone / MLP - Glad to finally meet you guys in person. We should get some games in offline more often.

kPc - Sorry we didn't get any casuals in. My ride was about to leave. We'll play more, definitely.

Nas - Didn't play you but you a funny guy.

Jaxel - Thanks for hosting man. Damn blue screens are a killer.

neooutlaw - Don't worry Chris, you'll get your chance!!

I know I'm forgetting people but doing this from work so I'm rushing. Good games everyone and I'll see you all at the next one.

Wow, awesome turn out. Jaxel, way to rock out during the hurricane. I wish I could have made it, but at 6am Saturday morning people were still playing and the thought of driving in a sleep-deprived zombie-state through a hurricane but a damper on most people's ambition.
Fortunately norVA is a little more organized now, and I hope to bring up a crew next time.
Grats to everyone, I look forward to more games against super solid Amy's, like J$, and what must have been a great Cassandra by Rigel, and of course all the rest.

Yo i was so fucked up at that tourney i can not remember half of the shit that was going on. All i know is i was repping Asty the best i could. see you all at the next monthly i know what to expect now. As one of the only Asty's i learned how to fight against a lot of different fighters. shit ton of amy's was not ready for that shit. was like an amy convention. Learned a lot from you all. 25th place ftl! Close matches against raph klizza your awesome we were down to the wire each round. Jimmy i will get ur X close rounds yet again. Kowtow I HATE YOU BITCH lol jk nice cervy close matches against asty...Serge i <3 you no homo... Kitt love you dude no homo. Phil your still the numba 1 stunner even though you know....Rigil you get NO PROPS I expected MUCH MORE from you. How dare you ring out JMoney with the same move 3 times GOD...LMFAO.. JASONL IM COMING FOR YOU SON!!!!

Nelson: Is that my asty that was recorded in that match?
Shadowfox: Might be
Jaxel: I think it is Nelson
Nelson: Nope couldnt be my asty he just used 1[A]B
Shadowfox: LMFAO
Jaxel: Lol!

Rigel: Kitt is the super ultra moderator
Jaxel: Yea
Rigel: I bet you Kitt is gonna run this
Kitt: (in the garage while we all in the room) EVERYONE OUT HERE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LISTEN. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU. I WILL SKULL FUCK YOU.

Thank you all for a great tourney overall had lots of fun and i cant wait for the next one.

LOL hey guys,

For the people who know me, we all understand that i was fucking around. But then again, it was easier to get people to listen and get the tourney moving when there were problems. Plus my big mouth made a big difference when people are not listening.

But for those who don't know me, please do not take offense. I needed to do anything to get people to listen so that the tourney would be able to done faster. Being former military, the biggest thing that i was taught is louder is better and threats make people listen...lol The knife was a joke for a certain few I (whitey, hori, Chris) just to name a few. Anyways, the tourney itself was a lot of fun. Jaxel's sister for bar tending was great as well. So you all know, this is what you all miss out on during Jaxel's tourneys...lol

nice results.

I hope the myth of Amy NOT being top tier, are effectively squashed?

Amy may be the current queen of the tech hits, but Cassandra's broken hitboxes + moveset put her alone in the top tier as far as I'm concerned. If the final was won by Cass why would you write Amy in there?

KIT, no probs. Just my first tourney was a bit of an eye-opener in more ways than my shitty play. Damn was it chaotic. I'm definitely down for the next one, though.

Good to see we all had such a great time, even cramped into a small space like that.

Any new players that asked me for advice, I know there were a few, sorry I couldn't give better advice on the spot like that. Thought about it, made this guide about the kinds of things you should be thinking about while learning the game, hopefully this helps more than me goin "buh, this move is kinda good, it's on the website too duhhhhh" like a doof, lol.

Holy crap 47 people? o_O Damn that's insane, I thought 26 cramped inside a living room was bad :P It's good to hear all the stories of people coming back out though, haha.

Jaxel: for the longest time I thought double elimination meant losing two matches, till I learned better by actually going to a tourney. I'd venture to guess a lot of people thought the same.

I put up my pictures from the tournament in the photo album on the site. Check it out, some of them are a real rip.

Back