Tekken 7 is a thing...

Am I the only one hoping that the roster decreases in size this time around? One of the reasons I can't get into modern Tekken is how overwhelmingly fucking large the amount of characters and MUs has been since Tekken 5.

You just have to play every game. Then the roster MU knowledge from game to game is only like learning 4 new matchups.

I would like them to do the panda/kuma and eddie/christie thing so that angel could just be an alt skin for DJ/DK and we'd all be happy.

You just have to play every game. Then the roster MU knowledge from game to game is only like learning 4 new matchups.
This is exactly my point. How are new players supposed to get into the game if the barrier to entry just keeps getting larger and larger with every new game? It's not like every single character has a different niche or playstyle that only they can fulfill; you can easily condense TTT2's roster to less than half of its current size and not much of value would be lost.

Harada already has plans on reducing the roster for Tekken 7. He also says that the roster in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is too much anyways.

This is exactly my point. How are new players supposed to get into the game if the barrier to entry just keeps getting larger and larger with every new game? It's not like every single character has a different niche or playstyle that only they can fulfill; you can easily condense TTT2's roster to less than half of its current size and not much of value would be lost.

You just pick a game and play it. One of the better players in TTT2 pretty much just picked up the game at TTT2. Understanding strings and gimmicks is a silly barrier to entry but this also exists with DOA or VF. For anyone who has played VF, the first time you play against an Aoi, you will lose. Same with characters like Maxi, Damp, Voldo, and Zwei in SC 5. All games have barriers to entry when it comes to high level. Also, if someone practices the fundamentals of Tekken like spacing. Most gimmicks and setups will be extremely less dangerous. The amount of Eddy's who mash when I'm like half way across the screen, not super threatening haha.

Was the roster for TTT2 not literally every Tekken character ever? I figured it was just a fanservice thing, seeing as it wasn't main series.

They didn't have Gon or Gun Jack :(

P.S. Not to mention they didn't have Tetsujin so someone couldn't have a mimic tag team. Bad decision on Namco's part.

Harada already has plans on reducing the roster for Tekken 7. He also says that the roster in Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is too much anyways.

I don't think so... Harada always hear his Tekken fans... And this that the fans they want is more characters... So I think that Tekken 7 will include all the characters from Tekken 6 plus the return of Jun Kazama and Kunimitsu and probably three or four new characters.....

but yeah ... Lili [my main] will probably suck as well ... she's never good and she's basically there just for fan service [although I like her style].
I feel the same about poor Xiao. :(

I'm super happy to hear this though. Finally a new Namco fighter for me to play.

the thing that upsets me the most is that there's no ps3 version... free online where are you? at least make a wii u version...

the thing that upsets me the most is that there's no ps3 version... free online where are you? at least make a wii u version...
The problem is that UE4 doesn't support those systems; it's an issue of horsepower.

If you want free online, just get it for PC.

My wishlist for Tekken 7:

-A story mode similar to MK, where it plays out in chapters and everything is clear.
-Full blown character customization like Soulcalibur.
-Tag 2 returnees that I want in Tekken 7: Jun, Kunimitsu, Combot (customize style like Tag 2), and Jinpachi. I also want Eliza to become an official fighter.
-New outfits for everyone. All the characters except Yoshimitsu have had the same costumes since Tekken 5, time to change it up a little.
-Make the netcode good.

man hard to believe that Tekken 6 came out BEFORE Soul Calibur 4.

Yikes

I'm already coming up with theories for a few characters, and where their relevance in the story lie. Based off of the endings for Steve and Leo in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, they were both under care of by Emma Klisen (Leo's mother), who worked for the Mishima Zaibatsu.

Even though the game is non-cannoned, I have a feeling that they will have an interaction, or even a big role in some way in Tekken 7.

Now, for Eddy Gordo. During the scenario campaign, Jin promised Eddy that his grandfather would be alive and well, only if he cooperates and follows his every order. However in the ending, his grandfather died sometime later. There's a high chance that Eddy will avenge his grandfather's death.

Even though this is just some theory that I came up with, what are your thoughts? @Kane?

Last edited:
I would also like it if they made Bob's Tekken 6 ending canon and have Slim Bob become the regular Bob. His new story is that he wants to prove he's still a strong fighter without his "perfect" body.

I would also like it if they made Bob's Tekken 6 ending canon and have Slim Bob become the regular Bob. His new story is that he wants to prove he's still a strong fighter without his "perfect" body.
Erh. I like the Sammo Hung character though, even if he does show up a bit too much in top 8s.

I'm already coming up with theories for a few characters, and where their relevance in the story lie. Based off of the endings for Steve and Leo in Tekken Tag Tournament 2, they were both under care of by Emma Klisen (Leo's mother), who worked for the Mishima Zaibatsu.

Even though the game is non-cannoned, I have a feeling that they will have an interaction, or even a big role in some way in Tekken 7.
e0kPs[/MEDIA]

Even though this is just some theory that I came up with, what are your thoughts? @Kane?

I loved Steven's and Leo's ending I hope we can finally see a Nina/Steve follow up.

My wishlist for Tekken 7:

-A story mode similar to MK, where it plays out in chapters and everything is clear.
-Full blown character customization like Soulcalibur.
-Tag 2 returnees that I want in Tekken 7: Jun, Kunimitsu, Combot (customize style like Tag 2), and Jinpachi. I also want Eliza to become an official fighter.
-New outfits for everyone. All the characters except Yoshimitsu have had the same costumes since Tekken 5, time to change it up a little.
-Make the netcode good.
You're asking for way too much on a large roster and then some, personally.

Back