Turn Your Voice Into The New Game.

I would like to start by saying Happy New Years! I hope that people are excited about the news and just want to move forward and put this gig into gears. I need to hear your thoughts on a concentrated level about the new game coming out. With that said, lets use this particular room for discussion of what you the fans / competitors / organizers / moderators / admins want in this new game.

Try your best to keep me informed as I will be working hard to really ensure that the voice of the community is heard. Everyone deserves a chance to speak their mind on things, my role here is to make sure that your message doesn't fall on dead ears.

Stay on topic : What would make the next SC game GREAT. details details details... Take care everyone.

FilthieRich (www.twitter.com/filthierich) (www.facebook.com/soulcalibur)

haha, I signed up after reading through this :) First of all, I am so excited that SC5 is in the making! (It is confirmed right?)
IDK what I can say that hasn't already been covered.
Well if Algol makes a return then he needs to be balanced and please, somebody help Talim!

Story Mode
I wanted a story mode that really explained the history and goals of the characters. I really didn't know about them until I checked out the Soulcalibur wiki. And there's so much story going on that it's a crying shame the only way you'd know that is if you went online or read through that rather unappealing wall of text. It's also been said that the various stories could culminate into one huge epic finale and I think that's a great idea!

Cast
Wouldn't it be cool if Bangoo made an appearance? I've been waiting for him to show up for a while now. Maybe you could retire Rock and put him in with a modified version of Rock's style? Just a suggestion. Otherwise the cast of Soulcalibur is stellar as always. Some newbies would be much appreciated. I don't mind guest characters as long as they don't feel like blatant advertisements... About the existing cast, can we give them more personality? Speech during the match? That could be fun. Or distracting. I dunno. But character specific dialog would help flesh out their personalities.

Customization
Character Creation was a great idea in SC3! I'd love to see what you can do with it in 5. Some suggestions? A face editor... please? The presets are a little limiting. Editing the weapon colors (except soul calibur and soul edge) would be awesome! Maybe some height changes too? Nothing major, just say Talim to Rock or something like that. Giving customs their own personality is what I've ALWAYS wanted to do... And have their endings reflect that... How about giving them relations? Like so and so custom is so and so custom's rival/love interest etc. Okay sorry, that was really out there... Anyway, custom stage music is something the game would benefit from. More is better right?

Modes
Some more single player please. SC3 had lots to do by yourself. And please PLEASE, team vs battles. It seemed like such a waste for the concept to only exist in the Tower. Oh and about the Tower... no more. Please. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could pause the game and take screenshots at different angles and stuff? That's been mentioned a lot too.

So that's really all I could think of... if you actually read this far then thanks for listening! It's nice to have our voices heard as fans. But at the end of the day, they're Project Soul and that's why we love them!

Ah wait, I almost forgot... weather and different times of day. Yes, everyone loves the weather.

I signed up after I hearing Odashima mention that he will address the game pacing in SC5. Almost brought a tear to my eyes.

I stopped playing SC4 and went back to playing SC3 because it was just too slow. Something about that slow speed made the game made me feel very unengaged...

This is EXACTLY why SC4, to me, didn't feel as fluid and natural as SC2/SC3. The entire community in my country gave the shaft to SC4 precisely because of the overall game pacing, which was completely different to what they were used to.

While new additions such as the Soul Gauge and Critical Finishes were highly appreciated and loved, the slower pace of the game compared to previous entries in the series was off-putting to many talented players with huge potential and newcomers alike here. The pacing of the game should allow for fast, quick-reflexed gameplay as it has always been, which makes you stay much more focused on what you're doing IMO. I honestly think this balance was perfectly achieved with SC3.

Gauntlet Mode in SCBD was a great step towards a newbie-friendly tutorial. As Daishi-san said, the focus should be on the new player having fun WHILE learning about the game.

Now, about more casual stuff:

- Allow for custom voice settings per character in English/Japanese.
- SC has always been about storyline to me. It's what made me so passionate with the series. Please work further and make this aspect more attractive to the audience. This was a huge disappointment in SC4.
- A Conquest/Edge Master Mode for Singleplayer would be AWESOME.
- Bring back Hwang and Li Long! Give them a coherent storyline.
- I agree with a Closed Beta for the more experienced players. Who knows, they may even join your ranks someday..
- The SC1 soundtrack DLC, as well as the classic costume pieces were great! Why don't you include more fan service for the older players, such as classic weapons, costumes?
- Allow weapon select pre-battle, as in SC3.
- Add more stages to the game. SC3 had the right amount! Also, retain stage select as an option after a battle has concluded.
- I miss Olcadan/Edgemaster and Inferno. A LOT.

I think that's it for now. I trust that you will be doing a great job with the new game and will be doing your best to not disappoint us fans. I wish you the best and also, would like to thank you for the chance of having my voice heard. Cheers!

Please bring back the single player meatiness that SC3 provided.

The story modes were better in SC3, SC IV really dropped the ball on that.

Character creation needs to be brought back improved and expanded.Bring back the unique styles for CAS character only and the alignment meters, except make them manually edited instead of relying on your equipment.

The clothes breaking system you had in the last game has to go. Clothes damage should happen as the match progresses a la MK9 not be a unnecessary gimmick.

Speaking of clothes, don't be afraid to make the female characters wear some.

Chronicles of the Sword mode should return, it was a fun mode for your created characters.

If you are worried about turtling, Soul Blade had the weapons break ifyou blocked to much, it would add more strategy and dynamics to the fighting.

Finishing moves have no place in the Soul Calibur series. Grab moves loked finisher like already, the critical finishes were completely unneeded. Don't waste your time.

Hello Everyone! Not a regular member of part of this forum, but would like to throw my suggestions into the hat.
I've played SC2, SC3 since release, and SC4 since release. I have loved every game in the series. I did not, however, become a very good / in depth player until SC4. I've not done any tournaments or official matchups, but I have done a large amount of online games (>1000) so my view, will be, somewhat casual in a sense, with a median understanding of the game.

That being said, features I liked / disliked, which a heavy bias on online games and matchmaking, and my suggestions:

- In SC4, the level system brought a partial weight into the game, as in you gauge the general skill level of an opponent you are facing. However, other than that, it had no real face value. The win/loss tracking is nice, but the level system brought nothing into the game - and since there is no matchmaking system, only a "quick-match" option. If there is some reimplementation of this, it should instead be a weighted system when not choosing your own games, with a time-out feature where it would place you against anybody else who timed out. I don't personally believe the level system to be a good representation of that.

-In SC4, the tower of lost souls was the least fun feature of the game. I liked the adventure? mode from SC3, where you saw all of your units in a field, controlled their paths and routes and faced enemy players and units at each tower-ish node. That was a very fun feature, and I wouldn't be dissapointed if it was brought back.

-I love character customization. Especially in Multiplayer. Please expand on it, make it great, and give us a big array items to choose and min-max from. Also, I would love to see a larger variety of weapons available for choice. (I know this all affects the special-mode gameplay model from SC4, but that gameplay was honestly not my cup of tea. Especially since it was forced in some modes of play. However, I am sure people swear that the system is great, this I just my opinion - I like standard gameplay).

-I don't know how this would be done, but it would be nice to have announcements and tournament support. I have looked for many competitive places for Soul Calibur 4, but many of them are far away or are difficult for me to transport to, or impossible to find in the first place. It would be nice if there was support (by country, perhaps?) to find any online or local tournaments. Or at least an official place where people can post their hosted tournaments.

-I actually liked very much the balance and gameplay from SC4. While I do think that some characters need to be toned down (looking at you, Ivy) a fantastic job was done on this aspect of the game. Please, above all things, keep balance in consideration.

But my favorite/best character is Astaroth, so buff astar0pwn pl0x kthnx

-A lot of the stages in SC4 were horrible. I do appreciate the work of the art development team, but please have them be critiqued harsher before release.

-Don't change too much the online matchmaking. I HATE other games' systems of it. The network code was pretty good. Only improvements should be made, not a major change.

That's all I have. C:

If we create a room for online play (group or ranked) let us put a name/title/note on it that others can see (such as "5 bars only").

Hello, I'm new here and I'd like to throw in my two cents on some things. I have played all of the games in the Soul series with the exception of Broken Destiny, so naturally I'm very excited for Soulcalibur V, and I want it to be the best it can possibly be. Some of this is just going to be personal bias, but I feel strongly about all of it.

Gameplay

Without a doubt, Soulcalibur I and II are the stronger games in the series. They were the most balanced, fast, and fluid. I ask that the game play more like those two than the latest games. I found SC4 hard to play well, and even when I would play well, it just wasn't very fun. I appreciate the Soul Gauge and Critical Finish features, but I feel they could use some tweaking. CF's are hard to perform, and they just feel rare to the point where they don't even exist. If they could be easier to perform that would help. (Not sure if BD addressed this issue)

Game Modes

Please bring back the Team Battle mode ala Soulcalibur II style. I can't stretch that enough. Survival and Time Attack are also appreciated, but not necessarily required if the main game modes are worthwhile. I highly enjoyed Edge Master Mode/Mission Mode/Weapon Master Mode of the older games, so something in that fashion would be appreciated. I did not enjoy Tales of Souls, Tower of Lost Souls, or Soulcalibur IV's repetitive story mode, so please try something a bit more engaging.

Character Roster

All I ask, is that we get all of the Soulcalibur IV cast, (excluding the guest characters and bonuses) plus Dampierre and new characters, along with the return of Li Long and Hwang. In the same way that Rock and Astaroth and Kilik and Mina were differentiated, I believe Li Long and Hwang could be set apart from Maxi and Yun-Seong respectively. Please bring these two back. Hwang/Assassin was one of my mains in all games piror to Soulcalibur IV, and it's a crying shame he has not returned.

Character Customization

I felt like SC IV's character customization was really limited, in some ways more so than Soulcalibur III's. More faces, voices, attire, and a height changing feature would be great. I also would like it better if there were no "stats" in the game. Tower of Lost Souls more or less forced you to make a character decked out in armor just so your stats would be higher. I want to be MY character and rely on strategy rather than how much health I have and what kind of damage I'd do.

Other Things

How about a separate stage for each character ala Soulcalibur I and III? I prefer it when each character has their own unique stage as opposed to multiple character sharing one stage like in Soulcalibur IV. That way the stages feel more personal, and the music that plays at each stage will not fit the stage, but the character as well. Maybe give us a more Soul Blade-esque soundtrack? I always thought Khan Super Session had the most Soul. =)

HOnestly i dont care about single player. For me SC has never being a single player game.
i also dont care about story(except SC2), " if Maxi is still chasing after Asta..Lol I dont care"
Dont care about any gimmicky crap from SC3. For me SC3 was made to introduce the general public to the Soul calibur world.
SC3 was the game advertising Soul calibar to the world(First-time i ever saw a SC advertised on T.V.) Sc3 was a downgrade version of SC2 with flasher moves, so that Newcomers(noobs could play)
and Sc4 was a huge leap forward. The Reason im writing this is because, "i cant believe there is was a need for a petition for SC5 to be made".
If your on this forum your a hardcore SC Fan, and if their asking for our opinions im expecting SC5 to be a game made for the hardcore SC fans

Things that dont belong:
- Story doesnt matter (Concentrate on refining the fighting)
- COLLECTION ART, gallery (go buy the book) who plays SC to look at Pics in Gallery.
- SC4 Special Versus (if you play this mode your SPECIAL)
- SC Tag team mode-(not needed; but, sure why not!!! can it be Four-player-Tag 2vs2)
- useless Tower mode
- guest characters "NO". Dont waste your time on this just refine the old characters(increase Characters movelist)
[Example: Do you know what you get when you Add SC2Ivy+SC4Ivy=Goddess or Sc2MAxi+SC4Maxi=DoubleDragon]

Things i want in Soul Calibur 5:
- SC4 Engines fine, just refine it (and keep away from SC3)
- better netcode (might as while make SC5 Online focused)
- SC verison oF Tekkens "Dan, warrior, sage" ranking system (example: peon, swordsmith, soul-slayer, Egdemaster)
- Every single characters costume (From SC1 To SC4) ...That Should Be Easy...NAMCO
- More items for characters to wear(weapons, cloths)
- RO's are fine(its not SC without Ringouts)[just dont make stupied square ringout stages]
- Sc1 Stage Mitsu(stage with the flying arrows)...The shit:)
- SC1 Stage Taki(Best stage music)

---Critical-Finish best New feature of SC4**
- Two kinds of Critical-Finishes: One for Smashing/Crushing, and the another for Guard-Impacting Crushing.
its easy to win, its hard to CF:) (i dont know about you guys but ive hit the point were a win doesnt say much unless i CF you)
---Soul Charge**
i love Soul Charge like everyone else, if their going to bring it back, "i would like to see high risk, mid reward for soul charging" (make soul-charge have different colors and styles like in Tekken6 rage choices[sarcasm])
[Soul-Charging should drain the Soul-Gauge.]
if i "Gi" your Soul charged attack, i want a guaranteed counter-attack on my following attack, or better yet Soul charging with a poor Soul-Gauge and getting "Gi,ed" equals=) Critical Finish;)
- I personal want peoples disconnection records shown and tracked, so that i know your a loser before i play you.

As some of the members said, it will be a good idea to bring old costumes back. More fithing syles will be good too, like the chinese fan.
Character creation should be able to used male and female clothing. A simple upgrade to theater and art work display. And bringing some old characters back like Li Long and Hwang, but as a XBDL (like dark Vador in SC4 for the Xbox 360).
also tag battle is a great idea that should not be ignore.

Oh! and one more thing from me... plz KIP HILDE!!!!!!!

Characters (request updated 14/05/11):
-Return missing original casts as bonus characters through DLC in the later run.
-Must maintain their youth.
-Can be a clone of the original self but difference in age (given that both fight differently).
Example:
-Grown Amy (Original), young Amy (bonus character).​
-Matured Yungsung (Maybe fights like Hwang?), young Yunsung.
-Vampire-like Raph (More vampire-like powers), human Raph.
-A balance patch so they can fit in better with the original cast.
-Exclude other clone characters.
-Exclude guest characters.
-Exclude CAS as the last resort; keep the costume customization.

Mechanics:
-At least do something more creative for the Soul Gauge system. Do I just wanna see a flashing blue orb? Can I do something different once I reach that level?

Story:
-Instead of long text give cut scenes; all these long dialogues would be more worth watching if it was translated into action.

Controls:
-Make the right analogue stick an attack just like they did in SC3 and in SC2 for the GC controller's C analogue stick.

Modes:
-Time Attack Mode
-Survival Mode
-Team Battle Mode
-Extra Time Attack Mode
-Extra Survival Mode
-Extra Team Battle Mode

*I want all the modes except probably Standard and Extra Team Battle Mode to have online rankings and recorded replays.
*Team Battle Mode and Extra Team Battle Mode should available to play both offline and online.

Stages:
-Destructible and indestructible objects within the stage not just at the edge of stage.
-Objects can also be destroyed by weapons not just by body blows.

VS Screen:
-SC2's vs screen is the best
-Cast shadows only on characters you're about to face unless you're fighting against a human player.​

Any further updates will be edited here.

I have no clue if this has been said before...but how about a fight replay and history. You could check out how you did in a fight, where you messed up, what you learned, etc. and also save the fight(s)

I also would like to see better game balance. I like to enjoy my soul calibur fights similar to chess matches. The better the balance of the game, the more even the fights, which means a better and balanced "chess" game.

Soul Calibur 5 Fashion items for your Avatar on Xbox Live. I so want a Cassandra and Sophitia avatar costume.:D
Also, some avatar props from Soul Calibur 5 would be awesome as well.:D

I would like to see all characters return from BD return except Algol. I would also like to see Hwang, Li Long, Arthur, Charade, Ashlotte, Kamikirimusi, and Shura return. All of them with their own unique play style rather than just cloning another character. Well, except for charade who would each round mimic a different character.

It would be great to have all the stages and songs return. Does that mean we need 7 different versions for a stage that has been in every game, most certainly not. I just want to see a version for every stage that has ever been in a soulcalibur/soul edge game. As for songs and stages, lets have all the old ones return along with some new ones.

Hello Soul Team: My name is XCO

I am not a very Technical person so I will simply address some of the other issues and or things I would like to see in SC5! :D

1.) Only 50 slots ?? Why, SC has the best Character Creation mode of any other fighting game... Why limit us to 50 ? ? Please Make it unlimited!!

2.) Single Player Modes: I would love to see more single player modes like those found in SC2 - Also it would be cool to reward players with unique Clothing through these missions...

- For survival mode It would be nice if the computer threw random oppents at you including the ones you made!!

3.) Environments that come to live! Fighting games are played over and over, again and again, That's why the environments are so important. Please give us a wide variety:

- Environments that are immerse:

An open Forest
The beach
Grand Hall
Large Grass field
Waterfall valley
You get idea...

Visual Interaction: If you fighting on a grass Field I want to see pieces of grass flying all over the place as your fighting... If your fighting on the beach i want to see sand flying all over the place... Little things like this make a very big visual impact!

Mulit-tier environments: DOA has mastered this above any other fighting game, but I believe SC can take it a step higher. Imagine knocking someone out of a "ring" into some water and continuing the fight in the water!! Or fighting on a rooftop and knocking someone to the ground and then going after them!! Its just another way to game more interesting!

Also you can extend each enviorments by giving it different Time settings (example) At night, during sunset, in the morning...
Also Different seasons, It may sound like a cheap way to add another stage but It would still be cool!

Character Creation:

SC has the best Character Creation mode, but here some things that I would like to see added:

- Cooler hairstyles (like those of the OG characters)
- Make up
- Individual items should be broken up even more like belts and such.
- More than 50 SLOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The ability to choose ending pose and saying
- Change the color the trails
- Differnt skins maybe: Fire Skin - Ice skin - Lizard Skin - Ghost skin, etc
- Skeleton warriors
- Option to make cloths Breakable or NOT!!!
- More cross options

Besides what people have already said, I want the option to mute players online. There's no need to hear people cussing you out over something stupid.

For character creation, I want the majority of clothing sets and armor to be worn by both male and female characters. SC4 females had way less customization options than males.

Would it be possible for them to make the graphics a bit better? Like on Hair and stuff, Pyrra's hair looks a little hard and stiff. If possible they should really fix it and give it some swaying physics, currently the back looks really ugly. I think it should look more like Lili's hair in Tekken 6.
644px-Soulcalibur-v-20110607100333940.jpg

images

More natural looking and smooth.

(And Can they make Ivy's face look smoother and more femanine like in the artwork, why does she look so butch and her hair is so messy now... nothing like SC3...)

- If anything I really hope they give us all the costumes from the old games for character creation. I mean they brought back SC2 Nightmare's costume in 4, so why not all the others for him and everyone else?

- Make the gameplay less juggly friendly and less air time.. Make the gameplay feel as smooth as SC2 but as fast as SC3. Add some screen blurr to the motions like what tekken has. Add more bone crushing sounds effects to throws and stuns.
- Make character "ultra moves" more flashy like Street fighter's.

- Change up the ring up the ring out styles, Make chacters fly out glass windows in houses.
If characters are rung out, make them drop their weapon, realistically you would.

- Go back to SC2's VS screen with the prebattle lines based on button imput.
- Bring back Weapon Master mode / Give Created characters their own storymode with it. With cutscenes and Team battles. Mix it with Chronicle or the Sword. Give us direct instruction on mission mode, no more metaphors (after the first try)
- Bring back shop.

- Add More stage damage.
- Bring back Abyss.

No not add Guests that do not fit the medieval theme.
Make the character prologues voiced or shown with art work, I never read the long lists of events.

- Allow Both genders to wear whatever they want and or cross dress, make player 1 outfits avilible in creation mode like in Broken destiny. Give ua costumes of characters that were removed from the game aswell. Allow us to toggle age, height and facial structure.

Of all characters they need to buy the character for the main cast, she truly was the best looking in design and can have her weapon changed to the lance style in SC3...but not changing the weapon itself.
250px-Sc4-ashlotte.jpg

Hello everyone this is my first but definitely not last post on this site, as a hardcore soulcalibur nut I probably have at least a few suggestions that others would agree with.

firstly, soulcalibur would definitely profit from it's own equivalent of tekken force mode, call it edge battle mode or whatever but the idea of making your own guy as usual then throwing him/her into a sprawling dungeon full of enemies would be immensely enjoyable, just set a few triggers to next/previous target and you've got yourself a sweet mode that players could sink weeks into, it would probably suit soulcaliburs style to make this mode a bit RPG but what would definitely be fun is to pick up weapons as you go from enemies or racks and instantly switch style, i can just see it now your genericly aweesome custom guy run into a group of enemies with a sweeping A combo, throws a guy that blocked it, presses the take weapon input, throws greatsword at the nearest group of bad guys and pulls out his back up stick before drinking a lovely health potion.

anyway

other suggestions i have would be characters speaking their own native tounge, which sort of happened in soul blade but only ish as german seigfried would be speaking rather good english ect ect, imagine if pyrra was actually speaking greek rather than having another bland american accent, or astaraoth eaven, barking persian at you (sorry if i've got the wrong language there) as he smacks you around with his great axe, this would give so much depth to the characters and give soulcalibur some serious class.

ummm what else....?

noww this is a seriously unlikely one, but back in soulblade when your weapon broke you would just have to punch people instead, i woudn't mind this coming back but with individual barehanded fighting styles for each character, but i'm not too fussed about this as it would probably upset more people than it would interest.

oh yes, whatever happened to edge master mode? i sorely miss it, soulcalibur isn't quite the same without the bizarre challenges that kept you up all night (or with how i play now, slow you down for about a minute) and also speaking of old modes, where was survival mode in soulcalibur 4? or eaven broken destiny, that really puzzled me, why namco, why would you do this to me.

and i miss these guys, why not bring themback?

li long
bangoo
hwang
edge master (sorry but i really didn't like olcadan)
necrid (he was infinitely cooler than algol, who i'm sorry was a terrible end boss)

also i would love it if you could put just one unarmed fighter in soulcalibur 5, just throw every kung fu style into a single old guy, and you have an awesome concept, the edge maser himself describes weapons as mere tools in soulcalibur, i find the idea fitting that he should dedicate himself to the art of barehanded fighting in the face of "unnecessary metal"

the custom character styles in SC3 were alot of fun, i always thought it odd to get rid of them as it meant that SC4 actually had less fighting styles meaning it had a smaller volcabulary of gameplay O.o

i have definitely suggested for too much 8I

but i assure you that i am a seasoned nerd and that i know what would make sense for this game

Live streams

0 Viewers
CallMePeterJr
CallMePeterJr
The Adventures Of Paige Continues. Progressing through more of Libra Of Souls

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back