*UPDATED* Soulcalibur + Bayonetta = Huh?

• Admin
While its nothing new that Namco has featured guest character designs in previous Soulcalibur games; this new one its a bit of a surprise, considering the source. In a new report from 1up; it has been announced that Mari Shimazaki has optioned to create three costumes for the game, including Leixia's 1P.

Mari Shimazaki was the character designer who came up with Bayonetta. The 1up article also features a bit more information about how Shimazaki found herself with the job, and a drop from Hisaharu Tago in how Bayonetta was one of their original guest character choices, but was excluded because of time constraints. Future DLC?

ivy_suit_fix_back_new111115 copy.jpg ivy_suit_fix_front_new111115 copy.jpg ivy_suit_fix_side_new111115 copy.jpg Leixia_back_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg Leixia_front_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg Leixia_side_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg
tira_back_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg tira_front_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg tira_side_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_007 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_005 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_012 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_014 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_002 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_008 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_010 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_013 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_001 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_002 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_003 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_003 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_astaroth1_006 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_001 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_003 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_001 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_004 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_005 copy.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I like Tira's 2P a lot, even her hair. The only thing a bit is her "ahoge".
That front picture of Ivy is just... Well, let's say that it's probably one of the few times I really find her extremely seductive. The fluff on her legs do remind me of christmas trees.

That reminds me, since here Project Soul seems to be using her 1P hair for her 2P, I really wished they used the long-hair Ivy in one of SC4's concept art. It could make for a nice change.

Something else that I'm wondering. In SC4's character creation one could use all of the character's 2P outfits save for some expections like Algol. It would be quite nice to have access to Tira's 2P in CAS I think.

What the hell? Really? Well I guess I can live with these. So Bayonetta might have been the second guest character if they were given more time...guess the game is being rushed after all.

costumes are decent I guess. nothing to fawn over in my case. Ivy though now has returned to showing more skin so not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Tira's hair like others have said is weird, and Leixia's I liked prior to this so nothing new.

I will say that the fur does fit Ivy even if it does make her look a bit tree-ish.

I wonder if this means that we will slowly be getting more and more info about the game and other 2P costumes.

I'm actually quite v_ved at these. Same reason for dislike as Bayonetta herself: Generic sexiness!=actually attractive.

I find heels yuchy, same with blatant oversized cleavage. Lexia has an outfit that reeks of "not physically possible".

I find heels yuchy, same with blatant oversized cleavage. Lexia has an outfit that reeks of "not physically possible".

Heels is up to personal taste, i like heels

However, there is nothing NOT possible about Leixia's outfit, it's completely functional o.o

I like Tira's 2P a lot, even her hair. The only thing a bit is her "ahoge"...
Nice, I didn't notice the ahoge at first. I like both of the new outfits, though Ivy's 2p only looks really good in the one frontal screenshot, while the two other ones kinda look tacky. I do think that they should do something different with Ivy's hair for the 2p though too.

Nice, I didn't notice the ahoge at first. I like both of the new outfits, though Ivy's 2p only looks really good in the one frontal screenshot, while the two other ones kinda look tacky. I do think that they should do something different with Ivy's hair for the 2p though too.

look at her hair in the picture where she's giving her father a boot to the head. her hair looks more feathery and layered. there's definitely a difference, even if it's not easily noticable.

It shouldn't be able to support itself like it does (either it's hanging off a non-existant anchor point, or it's starped tight, which is clearly isn't from the way it flexes in gameplay). I don't see how she puts it on or off. The solid parts in the chest area look like they would stab her if she made any serious movements in the upper torso.

Tira would look better if her bangs weren't in a clean line...

Ivy would look better if she were wearing a bra or if the jump suit were tighter... just looks weird with her belly button showing, and with every other part of the outfit being tight except for her torso area. Also I can't believe Ivy 1P is the modest outfit...

Leixia would look better if she were shorter or if her legs weren't so long, maybe skinnier too. Costume looks great in the concept art but her proportions are way different in the render.

They're getting a little TOO stylish with these costumes... they're beyond impractical and almost seem impossible.

It shouldn't be able to support itself like it does (either it's hanging off a non-existant anchor point, or it's starped tight, which is clearly isn't from the way it flexes in gameplay). I don't see how she puts it on or off. The solid parts in the chest area look like they would stab her if she bent down.

The outfit is a tight hold underneath the "petals" that keep the sleeves on, which in fashion is very possible. As for her top, well one, it has a strap right underneath the "petals". How is it staying on her chest.... i doubt this is namco's intention, but for the sole purpose of proving the outfit functional, it could simply have a built in bra. Simple as that.

How in the world would Ivy's 2p look after armor break?! Will we see a nakey Christmas tree?!

Ivy's costume seems to be an especial DLC for holyday season as SCVIV did with one package with female and male suits, it's ok for me, Tira looks really hot with that internal clothes the onl thing wrong of her whole costume is her uncovered crest ,

Live streams

172 Viewers
HXCGaming
HXCGaming
Texas Showdown: Day 2 - SoulCalibur VI
6 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Transcending history and the world: a tale of swords and souls, eternally retold. Soul Calibur Saturday is well under way!!!!!
6 Viewers
mellogoose
mellogoose
I got no idea what im doing live right now

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member