*UPDATED* Soulcalibur + Bayonetta = Huh?

• Admin
While its nothing new that Namco has featured guest character designs in previous Soulcalibur games; this new one its a bit of a surprise, considering the source. In a new report from 1up; it has been announced that Mari Shimazaki has optioned to create three costumes for the game, including Leixia's 1P.

Mari Shimazaki was the character designer who came up with Bayonetta. The 1up article also features a bit more information about how Shimazaki found herself with the job, and a drop from Hisaharu Tago in how Bayonetta was one of their original guest character choices, but was excluded because of time constraints. Future DLC?

ivy_suit_fix_back_new111115 copy.jpg ivy_suit_fix_front_new111115 copy.jpg ivy_suit_fix_side_new111115 copy.jpg Leixia_back_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg Leixia_front_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg Leixia_side_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg
tira_back_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg tira_front_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg tira_side_fix_new111115_ copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_007 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_005 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_012 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_014 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_002 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_008 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_010 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_013 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_001 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_002 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy2_cervantes1_003 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_003 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_leixia1_astaroth1_006 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_001 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_003 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_001 copy.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_004 copy.jpg sc5_pub_ss_tira2_astaroth1_005 copy.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
They need to fix them bangs on Tira otherwise its perfect! just work on the front of the hair imo...

I also would love Ivy's costume if the fur on the V neck were toned down a tad. its a bit too poofy from a side view..
I was trying to say that Ivy looks like a golden Christmas tree.

These are kind of fun (except Tira's bangs, wtf?), but I like my warriors to wear actual armor or battle garb.

I absolutely love Tira's costume! It just fits her so well, and it's a very unique style. Ivy's is also interesting as well! It fits her style, but also kinda looks like something Bayonetta would wear during Christmas. Hmm, I wonder...

That Ivy is very very reminiscent of Jeanne from Bayonetta. Add an hat and replace the yellow with red and you definitely get a Jeanne.

I'm calling a spade a spade. Ivy looks terrible. That's a holiday season DLC costume, not a serious alternate. I get it, she's got the snake theme and her costume looks like a fur boa wrapped all around. Great concept, awful execution. Replace the fur with lace, keep the snake necklace. Ivy's got parodic proportions, the outfit as is pushes the parody to farce.

Tira's outfit is phenomenal, her hair is atrocious. Awful bangs. They should be jagged, not looking like a little boy's bad bowl-haircut. Seriously makes me cringe.

Love both of them, Tira is just perfect, looks exactly as she should. Love her.
Ivy is also a great design, but she needs color edition, to look less holiday? XD

Gatsu!!! do your magic ASAP!

Tira's hair is a little off, otherwise I think it's great. Leixia's is fine. Ivy's is okay, I suppose. Others seem to like it, and that's what matters because I don't like Ivy anyways.

Hoping to see more 2p costumes down the road. Especially Raphael, Siegfried, and Yoshimitsu.

mkay, two things....

one, omfg, you can SO tell Mari made those costumes, expecially ivy.... she looks like a yellow verson of jeanne..... AWESOME!!!

two.... am i the only one that would LOVE bayonetta as a guest DLC..... i mean hell! they already have ezio, and MK has MF-ing freddy!!!

I found her SCIV 1p costume more outrageous, but I admit I'm not objective about SC: it's my favourite game and I like everything about it!

There must be some limitations. Ivy looks like a model who is ready to get on the catwalk. This is a fighting game not a fashion show. She looks outrageous.
But what if she was actually going into the catwalk and suddenly Cervantes appeared, she'll have to fight him with that outfit :D

I think all the outfits are fitting.
At least Ivy's not George Washington again.

Tira + Feathers - Those bangs = Eyecandy.
Ivy + Normal 1P hair + Fuzzystuff = Eyecandy.
Leixia + Lotus flower dress + Hantaro hair = Eyecandy.

Edit: I just noticed Ivy's using the standard 2P Valentine.. Doesn't match her coloring at all. :|

I actually think this is by far Ivy's worst 2P costume in SC history, ex aequo with George Washington.

If they are trying to make her like SC1/SC3 Ivy then they should bring back 2P costumes from those games because they were simply amazing.

I actually think this is by far Ivy's worst 2P costume in SC history, ex aequo with George Washington.

If they are trying to make her like SC1/SC3 Ivy then they should bring back 2P costumes from those games because they were simply amazing.
I'm having the hardest time remembering her SC3 2p :S

I'd have liked a different color scheme for Tira. The red reminds me too much of her SC4 1P costume.

I'd have liked a different color scheme for Tira. The red reminds me too much of her SC4 1P costume.

Live streams

38 Viewers
noxdeanoctis
noxdeanoctis
SC6 EVO Japan 2024 Watch Party
5 Viewers
BeeBopBojangles
BeeBopBojangles
SCHLOPPY SATURDAYS!!! Playing Soul Calibur 6, Pick up Sticks!
1 Viewers
TrancedKaiju
TrancedKaiju
Schloppy Saturday: Soul Calibur VI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back