Weekly Famitsu Reveals Soulcalibur: Lost Swords

• Admin
So if you guys remember, back in July, Namco-Bandai registered a trademark for "Soulcalibur: Lost Swords". A week later, they wrapped up their Comic-con panel, and revealed absolutely nothing about the upcoming title. Well as of this week, the title has been officially revealed in Weekly Famitsu.

According to Gematsu, Soulcalibur: Lost Swords will be a Playstation 3 exclusive free-to-play game in the vein of Tekken Revolution. If its similar to their other F2P titles, the game will be "time-limited" where players must purchase tokens in order to continue playing the game beyond its initial demo hours. Not much more is known about the title, but it will most likely be a slightly modified version of Soulcalibur V.

SC-Lost-Swords-PS3-Ann.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
It's kind of pointless to hope for it, since Sophitia is in her SC4 outfit, but I really hope that any other returning characters(from before SC5) are given new designs. Because honestly, if they bring back Talim, I'd love to see an older version of her. And also the character designs in SC4 were just kind of blah and I don't have much desire to see most of them ever again.
I think Sophitia has the same outfit because, that's the outfit she died in. So maybe it's a spirit.

This game is probably non-canon and her SC4 costume is the quickest thing they could slap on her model and say, 'Look! Sophitia!'

Don't knock the game till you try it. Well, unless you're on xbox; then you're fucked. ^^;

I´ve read that Tekken Revolution may have a chance to arrive in Xbox 360 anytime soon, and if it arrives, no doubt that SC: LS can do it too.

I hope for that.

I dont know if they're researching specifically in these forums (vs in japan for instance) but there is a LOT of whining in our forums compared to the CAS forums. Perhaps we can learn from this and start tweeting how we love multi-player as well. I wouldn't feel insulted if they released a patch for SC5, since i'm not interested at ALL for a versus mode using gems and that stuff.

Any CAS lovers wanna fess up ?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-19-why-is-namco-making-a-single-player-only-soul-caliber

So Namco think SC player just want a one player dress up game. Not looking good for SC6.
I don't think so, but this part of Hoshino's quote intrigues me,
Hoshino said:
This was done intentionally because as we said people do enjoy fighting other people, but one thing we noticed with the Soul Calibur fanbase is that a lot of people really enjoyed the game for its story, setting and atmosphere

Here's to hoping this F2P will bring further character development, because I do think the original cast needs to step up in terms of their popularity, their presentation as well as their existence to the Soul Calibur series.

I think many ppl are disappointed with the story of Pat and Pyrrha and it's only 1/4 of the story. Check out Angry Joe's review on SC5.

Perhaps a game like Smash Bros become such a smashing hit because Nintendo already expanded the popularity of Nintendo characters in their own games. So I figure if we gave Namco the chance to popularize their SC characters, then more ppl will buy SC6.

Last edited:
Q: Will Soul Calibur Lost Swords be talked about?
Harada: What about Soul Calibur Lost Swor...
Hoshino: So what is this Soul Calibur Lost Swords, where have you heard about this, this thing?
Q: ??
Hoshino: ???
Harada: ? Hmmm .... maybe mobile game.
Hoshino: mobile?
Harada: ... I don't know.... next question, uhhh lot's of questions here.
Q: Someone saids it does exist. Lost Swords (trademark)
Harada: We don't know... we don't know about Soul Calibur Lost Swords.
----San Diego Comic Con NBGI panel summer 2013

Pass on all the speculation until the game comes out. I have no wish list or expectations since they're gonna do whatever they want to do (goal #1 to make money ~surprise~ even if the cash only flows in nickles and dimes). Still it's an SC title and I'll happily keep throwing 2 dollar bills at them. Hmm. but I cant help that it's just feels like "Broken Destiny" except on a bigger screen in full blown HD.

So rejoice fellow bretherens and pick your poison this Winter holiday - competative play on the one hand come SCII HD online and for the rest of us casual plebians dazzled by the tales of Lost Swords searching for a lost story. Both titles rehashed, repackaged, refined and polished from previous titles.

Then when spring hits next year and out of our drunken stupor, perhaps, just maybe we'll be going through all this again because of something new titled SOUL CALIBUR 6 will be music to our ears.

It'll be either that or when I see the next promo poster of Ivy covered only by two dimes and a dorito. ~lol (sarcasm)

Last edited:
Q: Will Soul Calibur Lost Swords be talked about?
Harada: What about Soul Calibur Lost Swor...
Hoshino: So what is this Soul Calibur Lost Swords, where have you heard about this, this thing?
Q: ??
Hoshino: ???
Harada: ? Hmmm .... maybe mobile game.
Hoshino: mobile?
Harada: ... I don't know.... next question, uhhh lot's of questions here.
Q: Someone saids it does exist. Lost Swords (trademark)
Harada: We don't know... we don't know about Soul Calibur Lost Swords.
----San Diego Comic Con NBGI panel summer 2013
They were saying Lost Souls, not Lost Swords in the interview

You want to know what's really sad about this? Namco and PS heard all the bitching casuals did for SC5 and to make up for it are giving them are free game with all the customization options and single player they wanted and yet they still bitch.

You want to know what's really sad about this? Namco and PS heard all the bitching casuals did for SC5 and to make up for it are giving them are free game with all the customization options and single player they wanted and yet they still bitch.
Yeah and that kind of makes the rest of the casual players, who are actually willing to give this game a chance, look bad. Unfortunately, there's no pleasing everyone.

No Link, no download.

I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I'm starting to think that this will in fact serve as an update to SCV. I know they said this was single player but what if only the single player is free.

So I'm thinking one of two things. Either you have to pay for multi-player outright or players with SCV will automatically get a balance update. If it's just with the SCV disc there probably is some catch like having to buy any additional characters that weren't in SCV. This also gives Namco the chance to turn around and be like "since it was in high demand were adding a VS mode"

It's a little early to call but I've just been thinking if they have balance adjustments and add in a few extra characters, and since the game is basically SCV with add ons, why not just link the two? What would be the point of balancing since the AI is never going to throw out broke combos and such? Just my thinking.

After watching that little trailer, I have to say that it was nice to see Sophitia again. And as a casual fan, I'm really looking forward to this and I'm going to give it a try. Speaking for myself, Soul Calibur has always been a bit different than the other fighting games I've played. I really got into the story and that's one of the reasons why I'm not put off that Lost Swords is going to be single player content. I can't wait to learn about the characters and even create some more new ones (if CAS is in the game).

So even if the more hardcore players don't benefit from the game, SC6 will be coming so yeah. At least with Lost Swords, they can focus the single-player stuff on it and for 6, deepen the fighting mechanics for the hardcore players so it is a win/win situation I think.

Live streams

17 Viewers
WhispCL
WhispCL
🎮Canjes de eSponsor🎮: SoulCaliTekken8 y YAKUZA 0 PARTE 2593 de 10000000 - !esponsor !youtube
2 Viewers
Corey_Hex
Corey_Hex
10-12 Hour Birthday Stream!!!!! Let's Go!!!!!
1 Viewers
blue_beards_ultimate_time
blue_beards_ultimate_time
CAN YOU STOP THE EVIL BLUE BEARD MY VIEWERS GIVE IT YOUR BEST AND HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back