Would your opinion of the series change if they took it into M-rated territory?

I don't want to see X-ray moves in a Soul Calibur game. Not ever.

Not only does it not fit in with the overall style of the games, but it's been done time and time again, and it would be an obvious piggyback off MK.

No thanks. While I personally wouldn’t care too strongly about it, it would turn off too many people from the series, including friends of mine. It’s great without it, adding gore isn’t going to improve the SC formula in any way.

Yea Its not like the subject matter is'nt fairly dark anyway, Ivy is the product of rape and Kilik massacred his family/village in a weird crazed fever dream rage thing. They've already said anime is a big influence and of course it has been in the earlier games too but a bit more ani-weird would be cool.

Mature rated for nudity or sexuality? A-ok by me. Considering how Taki and Ivy looks, I think it would be a minor change to show nudity anyway. If they wanna steer away from nudity or partial nudity, they should give those 2 characters a lot more clothing.

Mature rated for blood and violence? No thanks. I've never been a fan of blood and gore, and I really don't think it fits the series. Everything is bright and colourful and very much over the top, with most of the characters cheerfully taunting the opponent. Becoming edgy and adding lots of blood wouldn't fit the game at all.

I mean...this is a series about bladed weapon battles, some bloodshed should be expected but they never crossed that line.

Is it for the best?

blood in a japanese game full of fanservice? better not that would turn bad if you know jap tastes....
If it was a more serious game then i d accept it but not something trash like mortal combat....

Mature rated for nudity or sexuality? A-ok by me. Considering how Taki and Ivy looks, I think it would be a minor change to show nudity anyway. If they wanna steer away from nudity or partial nudity, they should give those 2 characters a lot more clothing.

ivy ''clothing" barely qualifies as clothing, seems like they just wanted to cover only what needed to be covered. might as well just have made her naked and put little censor bars in places. taki's outfit makes a little more sense since she's a ninja and needs to be stealthy and slim.

anyways, back on topic: i don't think anything constructive can be added since it seems that blood/gore is definitely hated by the whole community (including myself). and nudity isn't really too much of an issue, i don't mind it (even though i'd like to see some more of raphael, wink wink)

Well, I guess we are about due for SC to jump on the gritty reboot bandwagon. It really makes no difference as long as the game is fun.

I want evidence of Blood. Not GUSHING or BLURSHING but realistically. If Mitsurugi does the stab move then takes his sword out he should atleast have a red tipped blade.

Question for discussion:

People are opposed to an M-rated shift. Right, okay.
What if it was done like Zelda did once it moved into 3D? Hardly anything major, but a small spurt and maybe a squish sound after a more severe move?

In my opinion they should...

A: Stop being stupid with the sexual content, what sense does it make to have characters wearing almost nothing yet not having any nudity? Either feature nudity or remove the stripper outfits.

B: Feature some degree of blood. Example, when gear breaks and tears show some sort of cut/wound. Doesn't have to be extreme but honestly, how can Taki's cat suit get sliced open without so much as a scratch to the flesh?

I think the Soul Edge/Calibur series does a perfectly good job of showing the impact and severity of the strikes through animation and sound effects alone.

Realism has never been an element of the series, and Soul Edge/Calibur has been a successful part of Namco's lineup for 15 years. In my opinion, the series would stand to lose more by introducing a new element of graphic violence than it stands to gain. It's already proven that it isn't a requirement to be successful.

I might be interested in a new weapon-based fighting game IP with more realism and graphic violence (depending on how it's handled), but I wouldn't support altering SoulCalibur's formula to fill that void.

483px-TalSC2end2.jpg
CasSC2end2.jpg

No thank you. I don't want any blood. I don't think blood is scary. Like those movies that have immense amounts of blood on it. I think it's disgusting. I think Soul Calibur rules just as it is. Blood would ruin the SC series for me. I am PROUD to say that Soul Calibur has not inspired anyone to kill any other individual, whereas Mortal Kombat inspired to kill a little girl. I don't think this is funny. I think it's repugnant. I don't want blood on it, not even joking. Maybe small scars wouldn't be a bad idea, but definitely no disgusting gallons of blood.

Your a pussy, but i agree that SC doesn't need blood... But your a pussy. how old are you? If your older than 16 then your an ignorant pussy.
Speaking of age and ignorance, are you really 28?

You go and agree with him and then you don't articulate why you think he's ignorant. You called him a pussy 3 times. Great, but keep that shit to yourself please.

I think that no one needs to articulate what was said, it should be obvious. So what I wan't you to do is calm down, reread and analyze what Mr.Patroklos typed.Then tell me thats not uneducated ignorance or just stupidity. Unless he's like 12-, then its cute. like when a child looks at the night sky and gives you facts like how the moon is made of cheese or something.

Anyone who claims to play SC on a "pro level" online calling someone else ignorant is lol material.
I don't remember exactly what I said. But I think what I said was that Iv bested the players online and I would like to start playing tourny's. Plus I used to poop on offbeat ninja with my cervy all the time, and I think you guys consider him a pro player dont you?

Back