Your Favorite Ivy?

Bah just played Bubbles while I was wasted. he's pretty decent with Ivy. All close games. I need to play him sober >_<

He had only 25 plays on his PSN so he musta just got it working. He didn't accept my friend request tho >_<

Then again me wasted on a mic probably isn't terribly appealing.

my ps3 is dead you played my bro who used his ps3. he plays ivy. me and him dont live together

Ah. Was wonderin where the algol action was. He was the only person to beat me all night. Thought it was you and stopped playing drunkin Rock and had to try Ivy...Apparently I iCS better drunk...just not the rest of the move list lol.

hey ivyfanboy! you need to add me so we can play. I want to see how much u improved xD.
ft10? it wont mean anything if i win or not but sure thing ^^

It totally matters. Internet battles r fo real! Gonna post yo devastation on teh youtubes! This sentence makes me smarter than you! Rabble!

O.o

(this thread is cursed)

On live a really good ivy ive played was Thatdamngunner constant offense amd mix ups i want my ivy to kinda be like that...and ive heard of noface but never played him heard he was scary

The only Ivy player I could say is good from my offline experience is Eli123s. He seems to be doing command throws with ease, his CF game is a killer and most importantly he seems implement step well into his game.

What he needs left pretty much as well as I do, is character knowledge, good mind games and better adaptation.

The only Ivy player I could say is good from my offline experience is Eli123s. He seems to be doing command throws with ease, his CF game is a killer and most importantly he seems implement step well into his game.

What he needs left pretty much as well as I do, is character knowledge, good mind games and better adaptation.

Yeah char knowledge might be the biggest attribute in all of this. If you don't know an char moves it doesn't matter how good you are. Ivy CF game is great in Sw one of the best their is.
From the people I can remember are..
Ring (MY BELOVED)
Malek (IHATEYOU SO MUCH BUT LOVE YOU AT THE SAME TIME, I THINK IT'S YOUR FRENCH ACCENT)
Scud (I played him a long time ago... on bad bad connection but I think I would get whooped anyways)
LinkRKC (He beat me offline one match and left...)
Eli123s (He's a scrub but I love him anyways)
Successful_Loser (He's like.. a more patient clone version of me)
350z (With some defense tweaks... he can become deadly..His Ivy has improved most of all the people I know)
All I can think of at the moment, I will update, back to homework!

I believe i have a winning record against you without TC moves.

^^ wow harsh much? I'm sure you're all A-list hot nerds. (also that bed is way too small for 2 people so service could never happen there)

IFB, I think you just need to fight her and listen to her on her mic. She's retarded. She told me I suck because I only use safe moves with Ivy.

I'm not exactly sure if anyone has said Beloy is a skilled Ivy player but that bitch hit me with a UB online today. I haven't seen that setup in forever and I was pissed. They might just be the laggiest Ivy I've ever played, and I can punish Ivy pretty well seeing as I get good offline game against my brother. She needs nerfing in the next game if they're gonna let players get away with that run of the mill shit online. Her SW 214K shouldn't be so strong because it's what alot of the cheaper online Ivy players use to get a K.O. When it K.Os me my reaction literally is WTF. Maybe I'm stupid, but it seems to be over powered. And her SW A+B (I think thats' what the input is) needs to be a high or something so we can duck and low poke the shit out of it.

I'm sick of cheap Ivys that I randomly come across online.

ummmm...no.

The simple solution is improve online. Ivy can get pretty cheap online but I can think of many characters who get far worse. Yoshi comes to mind instantly. The game in no way shape or form should augment the movelist to be better for online play. Online is a simple luxury but is not the heart of the game. That has always been offline play and will always be.

Ivy has a lot of moves that can seem cheap online but 214K is definitely not one of them. Ivy barely has any lows and most of them are terrible besides SW 22K/2A+K. As well this move is only used as a combo ender and the occasional tech trap.

SW A+B is a beast and online is argued as unfair (though it's completely legit if your timing it to connect on wakeup with no frames to spare...but even then people whine). Offline, while it's still very very good it can be handled in many ways: it's easy to interrupt, you can step it, and you can be more patient on waking.

I'll admit most ivy's online are terrible and lag whores, but to be honest she kinda sucks major ass online without those moves. She loses her lows, SW A+B, CL A+B~, CL 214; some of her best offline moves. With lag it's very hard to work perfect spacing and take advantage of stepping so she loses a lot of strengths.

In the next installment i say make SW A+B not glitched, but actually buff a lot of her crap moves. I cant stress how many useless moves she has and how many can lead to game altering glitches (214K gltich for example).

Back