Your Favorite Ivy?

Who said she does it on a bed? I'm sure she usually does it between 2 trash bins, just look at her. LMAO
I have seen people who've been for ages in coma and look better! LOL

lmao. i remember fighting her she told me to get hit by a car and that i was a bloody noob. she lags like hell.

That's cause she lives in Europe ^

IvyFanboy said:
Ivy has a lot of moves that can seem cheap online but 214K is definitely not one of them. Ivy barely has any lows and most of them are terrible besides SW 22K/2A+K. As well this move is only used as a combo ender and the occasional tech trap.

I actually think he meant SW 22K, not 214K. No one should get mad about the stomp because:

- it's invisible offline as well
- it's negative on hit
- it does less damage than 2K
- it has almost zero range

Unless someone is constantly rolling OTG after being launched, it's easy to loose a lot of HP that way xD

well either way, 22K while good is still out done by a lot of other lows by other characters IMO. Sure the damage is nice with 22K, 214K but Yoshi and Voldo can do more I believe.

That's cause she lives in Europe ^

I actually think he meant SW 22K, not 214K. No one should get mad about the stomp because:

- it's invisible offline as well
- it's negative on hit
- it does less damage than 2K
- it has almost zero range

Unless someone is constantly rolling OTG after being launched, it's easy to loose a lot of HP that way xD

Yeah that. Haha. I guess you're right, but I really hate some of the cheap setups some Ivy's use. Using CL 214B every other move, using UBs, etc etc etc. Something's gotta change.

IMO I never really credit online players as good/skill players, but itz not to say they are scrubs. By good/skill players I mean players who generally play well offline against high-level offline players.

Itz just simply to say that I couldn't really judge a player's offline skill level based on how skillful he/she is online.

HaHa SW A+B is the best UB in the game period it speaks volumes when your outplaying your opponent and they defeat you by setups for SW A+B i still use this move and yes it is cheap.

Lately it's been an flood of ivy players coming out from nowhere and are actually pretty good. I'm helping a few of them wit their Ivy setups.

I think it's kinda funny how these Ivy players see a video and expect that's how they suppose too play.

It goes i shouldn't use her lows i shouldn't do this or that or they say it's not legit. Play ya'll game and stop the math frames etc. I could care less bout wat anyone have trouble blocking.

HaHa SW A+B is the best UB in the game period it speaks volumes when your outplaying your opponent and they defeat you by setups for SW A+B i still use this move and yes it is cheap.

Lately it's been an flood of ivy players coming out from nowhere and are actually pretty good. I'm helping a few of them wit their Ivy setups.

I think it's kinda funny how these Ivy players see a video and expect that's how they suppose too play.

It goes i shouldn't use her lows i shouldn't do this or that or they say it's not legit. Play ya'll game and stop the math frames etc. I could care less bout wat anyone have trouble blocking.

SW A+B isnt that good offline because all you have to do is step G left and you completely negate the charged/no charge mix up

SW A+B isnt that good offline because all you have to do is step G left and you completely negate the charged/no charge mix up

You use it on wake up and it's unavoidable. As well you can get them in a corner where they can't step it. The move has a TON of application. As well the step is distance and character dependent. It can require two steps at times and the window in which you step can be narrowed in certain circumstances. It's probably one of her bets moves even though it's far from spammable.

The non-UB version isn't that unsafe either depending on who you're fighting. Ivy vs Ivy can only punish with 6B9 which is unsafe even on hit (the K after 6B9 will not reach but can be thrown out to cover a punish but can leave you open for an even bigger whiff punish if they don't fall into it).

well yeah bad moves can be used in tech traps for instance: raph 66K > 2A+B
still an application but its still a horrible move

How is it a bad move??? It deals 80 damage as a fast chargeable horizontal unblockable mid with very good range. I use it in mind games all the time. Do a set up where you have the opponent trained to block and wait and occasionally throw it out there. If the distance is right it can be hard to step (remember it can take 2 just to avoid). On the OPPONENT (shoulda been obvious to figure out Warui) waking up it can be unavoidable.

The move is amazing and it's a pity I don't use it more often. Warui you're so wrong you have me agreeing with Teflon just to prove it.

I'm afraid I'm also going to have to fall in line with Teflon and IFB here. Now I know being a non-tourny going scrub my opinion may not be that valid but I can't count the number of times I've had friends curse at me after getting smacked by this move. SW A+B rocks

Yeah char knowledge might be the biggest attribute in all of this. If you don't know an char moves it doesn't matter how good you are. Ivy CF game is great in Sw one of the best their is.

I believe i have a winning record against you without TC moves.

o.O what are u talking bout? i played u with ivy like 3 times in my whole life with and beat u in a mirror all three times :P, but that was like erm maybe a 2 years ago. last timei remember playing i was using sets and u were using hilde and i think u won more than i did. if u wanna count that go for it x] my sets lose to everyone online :(

I've been taking a look at some vids of higher level Ivys and one thing I notice is the constant stepping in and out. Whenever I try back stepping she feels sluggish despite her huge strides. It feels like the opponent can easily just match my steps and negate the distance by moving faster. When I see pro Ivys the movement is very rapid. Mine comes out "step, pause, step" and lacks that speed.

Is their a special trick to stepping with Ivy or just in general with the game mechanics (like ways to cancel from one to the other, etc)? I know her CL steps best. My friend said when he steps he does 78 instead of just 8 for side steps and it looks like he can spam it and he gets this weird quick stepping animation that appears better but I have yet to test it.

well I haven't really messed with ivy in awhile but im pretty sure algols backdash is the same so: to do that you have to learn when the backdash ends and time your backdash accordingly. I mean depending on your characters back dash it can be a pretty effective strat. I like doing it with characters who have a fast but short back dash. also I kinda like doing it with CL ivy IDK why I know the distance isnt as good as SW but the shorter backdash animation is harder to react to.

also I'm so scrubby I buffer CS out of backdash in an attempt to grap people out of their attack animation.

o.O what are u talking bout? i played u with ivy like 3 times in my whole life with and beat u in a mirror all three times :P, but that was like erm maybe a 2 years ago. last timei remember playing i was using sets and u were using hilde and i think u won more than i did. if u wanna count that go for it x] my sets lose to everyone online :(

It was like 4:00 in the morning i was like on my 150th game i think trying too fight my sleep. :) Just because i won more doesn't make me a better player.

anyone mind if i fight a good ivy player? i have some friends who use her, but i'm used to their general play style so it doesn't seem as difficult. i want to see what a real ivy can do!

Just because i won more doesn't make me a better player.
quoted for obscene truth.

anyone mind if i fight a good ivy player? i have some friends who use her, but i'm used to their general play style so it doesn't seem as difficult. i want to see what a real ivy can do!

Look at offline videos of tournaments for good example. The net is filled with many many many bad Ivys that appear good to the untrained eye.

The only worthwhile Ivy that I know xBox is NoFaceKiller and Im not sure he plays online.

thanks. i play a little ivy myself and i also meet many ivys online. the videos should definitely help me identify skilled ivy players and the...not-so-good- ivys.

Back