Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Wrong. As an avowed Amy hater, I couldn't be happier knowing she got nerfed so hard she practically was removed from the game, in essence.

No more 33B... no more 2B+K.. no more stupid B+K auto-parry, no more 6BB, no more 3A... no more Amy. Fixed Hilde, Amy nerfed into an entire new character... Sophie dead... c'mon namco, make my 4th wish come true... Kilik as a boss character so broken he can't be played.

-Idle
lolololol...

Listen people, why would Amy, who probably after 17 years a master of the rapier, go in disguise as a girl in a claw. She might me wearing the same clothes, but I'm sure she's probably have her own more unique design that separates her from Viola.

Well, I must admit her design is VERY close to Amy, but isn't Amy supposed to be the most classy and stylish female in the series? Besides, why would they not call her Amy if it was her??

Forgetting why people hate Amy. Don't mean to be irrelevant, but just because you lose to her, you have to want her gone. Their balancing the game, so no more worry.

Well, I must admit her design is VERY close to Amy, but isn't Amy supposed to be the most classy and stylish female in the series? Besides, why would they not call her Amy if it was her??
1. Viola looks more or less as “classy” (if such a term can apply to fanservice-ripe Japanese lolita fashion) and stylish as Amy, at least to these undiscerning eyes.
2. Because of any number of arbitrary plot reasons. See the countless videogame characters who return in sequels with pseudonyms / alter egos / evolved identities / whatever.

Just as a purely random example, I will make up a 2-minute piece of crap fiction: “After Soul Edge was (mostly) destroyed, the corruption that had immortalized Raphael and Amy was abruptly wrenched from their souls, but only at a heavy cost: their minds broken, the two were separated and sought to rebuild their identities. Driven by the desire to recover her lost memories and find her origin, Amy turned to the arcane arts as taught by a nomadic mystic. Now, with the aspect of Soul Edge increasingly restored, the newly-christened Viola seeks its power to recover what she has lost – and perhaps rejoin the protector whose face haunts her dreams... and nightmares."

Blech. Tripe of the ripest variety. But I think the point stands.

Amy.....oops, I mean 'Viola' looks like she hasn't changed clothes in 17 years. How classy is that?

Glad SC4 amy is gone -- that's actually waaaay more than I was hoping for. Now Raphael can have a complete moveset now

1. Viola looks more or less as “classy” (if such a term can apply to fanservice-ripe Japanese lolita fashion) and stylish as Amy, at least to these undiscerning eyes.
2. Because of any number of arbitrary plot reasons. See the countless videogame characters who return in sequels with pseudonyms / alter egos / evolved identities / whatever.

Just as a purely random example, I will make up a 2-minute piece of crap fiction: “After Soul Edge was (mostly) destroyed, the corruption that had immortalized Raphael and Amy was abruptly wrenched from their souls, but only at a heavy cost: their minds broken, the two were separated and sought to rebuild their identities. Driven by the desire to recover her lost memories and find her origin, Amy turned to the arcane arts as taught by a nomadic mystic. Now, with the aspect of Soul Edge increasingly restored, the newly-christened Viola seeks its power to recover what she has lost – and perhaps rejoin the protector whose face haunts her dreams... and nightmares."

Blech. Tripe of the ripest variety. But I think the point stands.
I've never seen an instense in a fighting game where a characters Identity was changed. So, with all do respect, I rule that out as an explination.

So far that makes 15 characters confirmed; at least half the foster. Odd that Nightmare was one of the confirmed, but we saw absolutely no info on him. It's probably going to be a BIG thing. I'm sure of that.

Live streams

6 Viewers
SeichoTV
SeichoTV
Few Ranked matches while buzzed. Come vibe friends :3 ☯ | Love Questions and Anime! Ask up c: |
3 Viewers
RareSaiyan_
RareSaiyan_
Early Morning Taki Training | Soul Calibur Vybez | Laptop Charger Broke |SCVIW/RareSaiyan
2 Viewers
dante87zockt
dante87zockt
Lets Try Tunic+Fetzen mit Pinkyy💖

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back