BD tier list impressions

I think that new type of stun was introduced in SC4. It means it gives you a certain advantage on CH or NH. In SC4, Ivy has some of these, for example: CH SE 66K. It gives the same type of stun like BD Sets 2x1B:B, but only moves faster than i15 will work as a guaranteed followup, it's +14 on CH, so you can combo: CH SE 66K->i14 SW 6 is guaranteed, but CH SE 66K->i15 SW BB can be blocked, if the opponent shakes the stun quickly (however, no matter how quickly you recover from the stun, 6 will always hit even though it's only one frame difference between it and BB. That means CH SE 66K gives always +14)

As for iCS and SS. Well, I fail on doing her command throws on that retarded PSP analog =[ I wish I could connect PS3 pad!

Rock's better. But I was pushing him to high tier initially. However, I didn't expect damage buffs this strong.

If Rock had a guaranteed, non-breakable ground throw attempt after something, he might be upper-mid. Some of his throws are majorly buffed in the damage/range they put you at afterwards, even compared to the other damage buffs that are general across the board. But since he is 50/50, he'll never be above mid tier.

Dampierre is so easily stepped it isn't funny. I actually place him lower than BD Rock (higher than SC4 Rock by a huge margin) from what I've played/seen, because his only real damage is anything that leads into BE kicks, 4B combo. And all of those are more steppable than Amy is. I will also admit that I suck with him, since I have very little (HAH NONE) human competition to try him with. And his randomness is even worse at times than a 50/50 chance of doing what you want.

And is it just me, or are shakable stuns a bitch to do in BD? I don't think I've ever shaken one outside of the gauntlet.

of the game's best Setsuka AI kicking my ass. She's definitely still very high on the list.

Dampierre is so easily stepped it isn't funny. I actually place him lower than BD Rock (higher than SC4 Rock by a huge margin) from what I've played/seen, because his only real damage is anything that leads into BE kicks, 4B combo.

Anything that leads straight to BE, 4B is very steppable, yes. He has another major source of damage though, 1K > Fake Pain mixups. 1K > FP grabs tech trap all directions while FP B hits grounded. 1K itself tech traps AND hits grounded after alot of Dampierre's knockdowns (3K, WR K, 66A, 6B, 22B, A+B+K, even 1K itself).

Every time I try for 1k->FP, I never get it. Coincidentally, I ALWAYS want 1k->FP, so that's a kick in the pants. Except near the ring edge, since I've done FP B and rung myself out more than once. AND I SHALL CONTINUE TO DO SO.

I think Maxi is at least mid tier

His move list and stun effect hasn't change so much but he is alot safer and more advantage during the loop (For example, in SC4 you can interrupt him after BB even on Hit but you cannot do the same thing in BD). It means you have to block more when encounter Maxi => His CF game is more dangerous than SC4

D_Matt_Ma & Zyeoo:

Even though there are damage buffs across the board Rock should still qualify for a mid tier placing cause his buffs are enough to make him a better competitor against most if not all in the mid-tier unless they drop down to lower mid then I guess he is there with them (Ex. Nightmare-Siegfried-Taki-Lizardman).

SC:BD Tier Chart: (Early)

Top: Hilde, Setsuka, Kilik
Upper Mid: Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Yoshimitsu Ivy, Voldo, Amy, Dampierre, Astaroth, Zasalamel, Algol, Sophitia, Cassandra
Mid: Rock, Nightmare, Siegfried, Lizardman, Taki, Xianghua
Lower Mid: Yun-Seong, Maxi, Talim, Raphael, Tira
Bottom: Seong Mi-na

I cannot rank Kratos.

Eyce_Theon:

Lol I played that Sets a number of times and that's the same damn bitch who keeps doing that combo on me. She seems to do everything in the move list for both style and effectiveness.

Tetsu:

Would u mind providing more Maxi info.

Ring:

She wavedashes a lot when she starts her offense from what I could tell. I doubt any human could do that though as clean and smooth as she does.

My wavedashing is on point with Setsuka I just don't know what to really mix up with yet lol. I hope we do get something so I can use this Setsuka as I've still been practicing with her lol

I finalyl played Ivy in BD...I wouldn't touch her with a 10' pole...I pretty much consider SS/CS/iCS not even part of her move set considering you have to use that lil "nub" to pul it off. She miight get some stuff but she's just unplayable to me on a PSP and with all the nerfs yeah...

I agree with tetsu... Fhowarang was testing a few things and the dmg buff is good, like if he needs it...
Maxi safer, better options on his loops, etc.

@Something-Unique:

These are some buff for Maxi

1) AA:
On block: In SC4, if Maxi Guard after AA is blocked, u can punish him with i20 move and now is i13 move
On Hit: In SC4, even be hit by AA, you can interrupt Maxi's RC A, the fastest move in RC by using a move quicker than i14. Now nothing can win his RC A and the RC A damage SG a lot better than SC4

2) 3B safe on block

3) 6BBB (Just) bug is fixed, now it's a true NC do 65 dmg. An i17 move does 65 dmg isn't a bad move

4) BB has better frame on block and hit

5) BL stance ~ PSL3 has auto GI now

6) LI A cause stun on CH, and now with the new move Li AaG, Maxi is completely safe in LI

7) RC-BL-RO to Neutral is faster => Maxi is safer a lot

8) Side step is better in BD, and Maxi strong point is moving :D

I agree with tetsu... Fhowarang was testing a few things and the dmg buff is good, like if he needs it...

Like if Yoshi needed his damage buffs. =D But he got them anyway.

LAU said that there are is a slight lag when fighting versus, so it's difficult to talk about tiers. What do you guys think about this?

Like if Yoshi needed his damage buffs. =D But he got them anyway.

LAU said that there are is a slight lag when fighting versus, so it's difficult to talk about tiers. What do you guys think about this?

Well if this is the only release of BD, that won't matter too much as there will hardly be any PSP tournaments held. However, if it's released on console as a standalone or expansion, it won't have wifi lag. Assuming a character's potential with no lag present from the start wouldn't be detrimental really.

Top: Hilde, Setsuka, Kilik
Upper Mid: Mitsurugi, Cervantes, Yoshimitsu Ivy, Voldo, Amy, Dampierre, Astaroth, Zasalamel, Algol, Sophitia, Cassandra
Mid: Rock, Nightmare, Siegfried, Lizardman, Taki, Xianghua
Lower Mid: Yun-Seong, Maxi, Talim, Raphael, Tira
Bottom: Seong Mi-na

Wow ... Zasalamel MID+ ...Omega will be happy lol :D

- Kilik mid for me, he lost some Asura properties and not so impresive than before.
- Voldo top like Setsuka
- Zasalmale mid + ... why ? (but cool :D)

About Kratos : Mid for me (same rank than Apprentice/Starkiller)

NinjaCW:

Yeah I hear u. I don't think she has any natural mixup from wave-dashing like other characters in other games. Her wave-dashing seems to just focus on closing space and creating hesitation with maybe some throws and the back version seems to be where its at with the ability to evade and whiff punish with much better options from her Ws game.

PeJ:

You do realize Kilik has been buffed across the board as well right. Asura is the only thing that received a nerf which does suck when u consider the changes made to the GI system in this game in general. Even so if u still wanted to Asura is still more than useable. The thing I don't understand is why they raped the JF version when there is basically 5% of the commune that does it. It's -19-Frames now and does 8 less damage (makes no sense).

For Zasalamel just look at the Zas BD topic. There is more than enough info provided there.

@S.U : It's you the master with Kilik so, you are right0..
About Zasa, Iread some posts and yep, A moves are safer.
I wish I prefered Namco add a aGI for Zasa.

Ring:

Setsuka's; 1B:B, 1B:B, 214~3B:B, 214~3a:B, 33B is indeed guaranteed as I can do it now and have tested it in training etc. You can't shake it and the stun allows anything up to i15.

PeJ:

Lol thanks! Zas with an agi sounds fun.

Other Info:

Ripped from my post in the Setsuka SC:BD Forums.

So Setsuka in a nutshell at her best in SC:BD.......

33B [CH = Leads to 89-Damage
1B:B = Leads to 92-Damage
4A [CH = Leads to 100-Damage
ag:B = Leads to 100-Damage (This replaces B+K as it is used in the same manner.)
214B+G = Leads to 83-Damage
214~3B:B [CH = Leads to 73-Damage (Now more than acceptable in CH hunting with the new property change.)
22A = Leads to 88-Damage
214~3a:B = Leads to 49-Damage

This makes her either #1 or #2 on the SC:BD tier list right next to Hilde in a tier of their own.

So Kilik drops to Upper Mid and that leaves Hilde and Setsuka in a tier of their own.

Back