BD tier list impressions

He's got the CF game as well.

He's got ridiculous damage, still one of the best punishers in the game with his i13 (40) and i15 punishers (70+) , great throw game and now he has a much better CF game compared to 1.03 (which along with his unsafeness was one of his major weaknesses) with one of the best CF attacks to boot with excellent range, hits grounded and TCs in mid animation.

If he was safe as well, he would be broken in BD.

When Tekken 5:DR was released for PS3, did it have any other changes different from the prior PSP version?

I did a few minutes of googling and I think they did, not sure. Closest result was from from http://www.tekkenpedia.com/wiki/Tekken_5:_Dark_Resurrection, saying "A few gameplay elements have been changed, starting with Jinpachi Mishima as a playable character after beating him in Arcade mode."

I'd look deeper but I'm tired, going to sleep now.

Why Maxi is lower mid
I think he is atleast mid now

He is a lot safer than SC4, and it's harder to punish and cut his dancing now. It means his raping SG is more effective than SC4

I agree with putting Maxi in lower mid. His pros doesn't outweight his cons.
He's still unsafe and predictable in Neutral stance, especially at mid range.

I still think Voldo might be top though. While his edge has been dulled, his abilities are broadened, and he still doesn't have any real cons.

I agree with putting Maxi in lower mid. His pros doesn't outweight his cons.
He's still unsafe and predictable in Neutral stance, especially at mid range.

I still think Voldo might be top though. While his edge has been dulled, his abilities are broadened, and he still doesn't have any real cons.

Maxis not really that unsafe anymore. AA is safe, BB you can mix people up on block. RO B not BB punishable meaning you pretty much gotta go high to punish but risk getting nailed by RC K. Thats pretty much what he needed and he got it in BD.

On top of that, he got some really nice damage boosts (more than most other characters). B+K does 70 damage now, the JF does 80. Thats a !19 mid that is almost completly safe and does 80 damage, how can you be low tier with this. Also, I believe all his CH 3B combo went up a by like 20 because RC B is no longer techable after RO B.

Well after actually having played BD, Mina's simply abuseable because of tracking B+K, and I mean SUPER tracking B+K. I still don't think she'd be quite above Sophie/Cassie with their punishment options and due to Mina's rather slow frames (still no i13 2A -_-, fastest move is still only i13 I'm pretty sure), but definitely better than bottom now. Damage buffs (for the most part, 8A+B damage and range nerf makes me sad) help out too.

its good to hear Mina is better too. I remember when it first came out, Mina players were really pissed and thought she was even worse than before. It seems that almost all the low tier characters got some nice boosts, why don't they just release it on PS3. I'm sick of being teased with this awesome game thats stuck on a console that is terrible for fighting games.

No one has anything to fear about this game's balance. Pretty much everyone got damage buffs, and those that needed it got some extra perks (ex: Rock's ground throws don't damage scale unless a stun is involved, Maxi's frames). Harder to use characters like Cervy and Setsuka seem to have gained some of the best damage output for their complexity. Dampierre is super fun, and Kratos actually fits in better than you'd think.

To anyone who doesn't keep up with old threads - Hilde's 44K is non-comboable and she can't slide you off the stage, she's not an RO threat anymore. She can do a good chunk of damage, but then again so can everyone else now. Algol doesn't have any super-bubble-combos, just some basic ones that lead into the throne kick or 3B, 41236B (ACable). GIing makes you step forward in this game too, so GIing bubbles leaves you with the advantage most of the time. Algol actually seems to be one of the weaker characters overall (damage wise).

No one has anything to fear about this game's balance. Pretty much everyone got damage buffs, and those that needed it got some extra perks (ex: Rock's ground throws don't damage scale unless a stun is involved, Maxi's frames). Harder to use characters like Cervy and Setsuka seem to have gained some of the best damage output for their complexity. Dampierre is super fun, and Kratos actually fits in better than you'd think.

To anyone who doesn't keep up with old threads - Hilde's 44K is non-comboable and she can't slide you off the stage, she's not an RO threat anymore. She can do a good chunk of damage, but then again so can everyone else now. Algol doesn't have any super-bubble-combos, just some basic ones that lead into the throne kick or 3B, 41236B (ACable). GIing makes you step forward in this game too, so GIing bubbles leaves you with the advantage most of the time. Algol actually seems to be one of the weaker characters overall (damage wise).

Rock's throws NEVER damaged scaled unless a stun was involved. It's the same as it was in console.

Instead of this suppositioning let me throw some facts at you guys.

Rock is still low tier. His throws doing more damage is nice but he still plays the same way.

The tiers are pretty much the same except that Raph is now low imo. Why? Because his anti-step is still side-specific and he does less damage overall than in SC4.

Hilde is still top. She can't ring you out from the middle of the screen anymore but her charges are still ridiculous.
-C2AA does 52 dmg and is +1 on block.
-C2BB doesn't tech trap after the combos anymore.
-C3A C2BB C2AA is 80 dmg. C3A is also +1 on block and still does everything but wash the dishes.
-C3B B+K C2BB C2AA is 104 dmg.
-C3B C3A C2BB C2AA is 105 dmg and 112 if they spin into BT.

Tira does the damage she should've been doing all along but her core issues are still there.

Algol can now step but his bubbles are way easier to deal with. They don't control you anywhere near as well as they used to. You move forward like a regular GI when u GI them and they're easy to step.

The tiers are pretty much the same except that Raph is now low imo. Why? Because his anti-step is still side-specific and he does less damage overall than in SC4.

Raph was designed to be a spacing/poking/punishing character, which he is pretty damn good at. His speed/range ratio is still nuts, his aGI works correctly, and now BB on hit doesn't totally stunt his offense. Coupled with the fact that he now has a hilde-esque backdash I think he could be a spacing nightmare in some matchups.

Hmm I didn't consider his spacing ability. I think I agree with you. His lowered damage may be warranted given his range and speed but it's still a shame. BB being +1 on hit definitely helps him. Too bad his single A isn't as abusable anymore.

BB being -2 on hit is already darn good if it hits at mid range/tip. The only problem is that the second B whiffs on some crouching characters...

Hilde C2A, which pushes out to about the same distance is also -2 on block... and both have great backdashes.

One of his overlooked strengths is his evasion. He has beastly TC/TJ attacks and a godly 44B that pwns many lows.

A+B A or (6A+B A?) is a great stuffer of pokes. You cant jump the last hit. its safe. and you cant interrupt it. Last hit on CH gives a free 66A+B

Knowledge of using half circulars well is important in playing raph... high level players can predict direction of step. Raph can get massive damage by just guessing step right at close range

Also his soul gauge game is utterly disgusting. Like utterly.

And Raph isnt easy to step at all with 44AB. The second hit cant be GIed. and it HURTS like hell when it kills step. Rapes gauge as well.

And yeah I haven't seen any good raphs yet. IMO good footsie-ish play with raph is very important in SC4. Unfortunately most low-upper mid level play ive seen is dominated by power mixups, with very few good poke-soul gauge based play.

so I don't feel raph is thhhaaat low. Especially since soul gauge goes down sooooo fast now.

Small corrections. A+BA: You can jump the last hit on block and it's -12. So only Amy and Setsuka matter there.

I'm pretty sure any serious Raph is aware of how powerful his evasion is. 4(B) and 44B alone are really strong. 9K is a pretty nice TJ with good frames. And I totally agree that 44AB is a move that's been slept on. On block without transition it pushes out past 2A range but if you anticipate them trying to 2A you the whiff lasts long enough for a free 22(B) VE B:B. 44AB is -16 on block and if you transition as they try to punish well...Prep A is lovely (except against Amy and a well-executing Setsu). I also think 8A+B is great for his CF game though just an ok move itself.

Remembering all I know about Raph I take back saying he's low tier. Bottom of mid seems good.

When has Cervy ever really been unsafe? What kind of moves are people using?

The worst things I see are 2A+B and 3B being -14, and 1K being -16 (not that anybody would really consider ducking it too often anyway).

Seriously, -14 is not that big of a deal. Not everybody has 236B...

Problem with Ralph is that in BD they killed everyone's soul crush game, since you pretty much get a free ticket per match with the armor explosion thing, its very unlikely to get two soul crush in one match, also parry and simply running forward GREATLY increase your soul gauge. That's not where it hurts Ralph really, its the fact that they buffed step so much that just about everything he does can be stepped, especially SEA B. 44B isn't good since you get just step -> 8way on reaction and you get free back launcher/throw, you pretty much have to hit the GI or somehow freeze your opponent. 44AB is very slow, which is fine expect it has very limited range (for Ralph) and only combo on CH. Again its ok except 44AB is also very unsafe on block <.<, so even if you get the first hit, unless its CH you are still screwed, you can go to prep A after...but prep A is also unsafe >.>, so its kinda like Talim where you play mind games to determine which one will screw yourself less.

Back