BD tier list impressions

Check the Mina stuff in her arena.

Solid damage everywhere and in BD, she still retains a extremely solid and viable CF game compared to most of the cast.

Yes, her forced wakeup game isn't as good as 1.03 but it still is viable as a mixup (2A+B for ukemi when you think opponent side rolls and the 44/66 when they stand right there) .

Also, have you checked B+K? That thing is totally abusive in BD if you know how to use it. Kills the meter, forces 2 blocked hits and is 60 while being moderately unsafe. Only a few characters really hurt this move on block. Really a great move along with all her other useful stuff.

And no, Mina isn't low tier in BD definitely. She isn't as bad as Talim and Raphael by a longshot.

Yeah, B+K is definitely abusable on characters that can't punish it well. This even applies to IV as well. In BD it's even better because it no longer has those severe off-axis whiffing problems.

And 1BB/B4B forcing them to shake means you get a free mixup everytime.

BD tiers as of 10/23/09 IMO:

Top-Setsuka, Cervantes

Upper-Dampierre, Yoshimitsu, Voldo, Kilik, Hilde, Rock

Mid-Tira, Mina, Zasalamel, Yunsung, Nightmare, Xianghua, Mitsurugi, Algol, Astaroth, Amy, Ivy, Cassandra, Sophitia, Siegfried

Lower-Taki, Maxi, Lizardman

Low-Raphael, Talim

The gap between lower and mid is very very thin and same with top and upper. Setsuka and Cervantes should just join the rest of the upper group and be one happy family but these 2 have more at their disposal to separate from the rest and Zasalamel, Nightmare, Mitsurugi and Yunsung as good as they are, do not compare in damage and punishment among other things with the upper dudes.

The only clear non contenders in BD (tierwise at least) are Raphael and Talim. These 2 are just bad. The rest can all compete and compete fairly.

I love this game to death. Can't wait for it to come to console.

I don't mean she'd be precisely bottom, I just don't think she'd be quite as high as she is. Guess I don't know enough about BD, and I just don't like the idea of giving up 3B combos I guess and armor purge is still there.

Yeah, even in 1.03, I'm starting to love B+K more and more. Second hit also tracks really well for some weird reason.

Top-Setsuka, Cervantes

Mid-Tira, Mina, Zasalamel, Yunsung, Nightmare, Xianghua, Mitsurugi, Algol, Astaroth, Amy, Ivy, Cassandra, Sophitia, Siegfried

Low-Raphael, Talim

The gap between lower and mid is very very thin and same with top and upper. Setsuka and Cervantes should just join the rest of the upper group and be one happy family but these 2 have more at their disposal to separate from the rest and Zasalamel, Nightmare, Mitsurugi and Yunsung as good as they are, do not compare in damage and punishment among other things with the upper dudes.

The only clear non contenders in BD (tierwise at least) are Raphael and Talim. These 2 are just bad. The rest can all compete and compete fairly.

I love this game to death. Can't wait for it to come to console.

lol my two mains, this is terrible...

if this game comes to console and these two really are super shit tier, then i will not be playing this game.

Why on earth is Rock that high? I've read about the changes, and I still do not think he should be that high. Even though I don't have the game, I am going to say Rock is not top tier. Just look at the frame data and you will see just how slow Rock is.

Top-Setsuka, Cervantes

Low-Raphael, Talim

I find it hard to believe the tiers have changed so drastically.

Taki is solid. Just accept these as early impressions of BD tiers.

In my opinion, it doesn't seem like tiers in BD will change too much from SC4 tiers. Top tier characters like Kilik Voldo and Hilde power down slightly, while lower tier characters like Zas and Rock get enough buffs to allow them to roll with the big boys from up top.

Seems Bamco kinda hates Raphael and Talim though. I don't really see even one good change with these two characters who are in desperate need of some powering up from SC4.

Why on earth is Rock that high? I've read about the changes, and I still do not think he should be that high. Even though I don't have the game, I am going to say Rock is not top tier. Just look at the frame data and you will see just how slow Rock is.

Rock isn't top Draco. And when you play BD you'll see why he is upper. Motherfucker's magic number is 3 as that is practically all the GT he needs to fuck you up making him the best 50/50 character in the game by far.

When you talk tiers, you're not talking all the frame data of the whole character, it's his ability to win and matchup results. Should I remind you of SC2 Xianghua and her 5 move moveset that made her top?

Rock only needs a knockdown and 3 wrong guesses from you from his GT and you're dead.

I haven't. I'm just wishing, hehe.

BD is awesome and I would love for it to come ASAP.

In my opinion, it doesn't seem like tiers in BD will change too much from SC4 tiers. Top tier characters like Kilik Voldo and Hilde power down slightly, while lower tier characters like Zas and Rock get enough buffs to allow them to roll with the big boys from up top.

Seems Bamco kinda hates Raphael and Talim though. I don't really see even one good change with these two characters who are in desperate need of some powering up from SC4.

I agree with the Taki statement. She is much much better than in 1.03 IMO. Her A+B+K move is very useful with its excellent range and TC frames throughout the whole animation, her damage beefs are nice, her 11K and 3bK launching and flooring respectively are nice, especially the 3bK, and I love the 66B:A distance on juggle, kinda like Rock's A+B after 2B+G, a very nice beef for her RO game.

Cabbie, about Mina, check her changes in her arena.

Angrel-San's list is pretty accurate from my experience. My experience is limited to CPU fights however, so my vote doesn't mean much towards competitive play.

I will say this, Setsuka and Cervantes got the buffs they deserved. They are now proportionally badass to how difficult they are to play.

lol my two mains, this is terrible...

if this game comes to console and these two really are super shit tier, then i will not be playing this game.

Don't worry about it, it's tierwise only.

There is definitely a gap between Setsuka/Cervantes and Raphael/Talim but it ain't insourmountable like other games. The SC system makes them competitive but you as the player need to put more effort for the win, that's all.

Don't worry about it, it's tierwise only.

There is definitely a gap between Setsuka/Cervantes and Raphael/Talim but it ain't insourmountable like other games. The SC system makes them competitive but you as the player need to put more effort for the win, that's all.

graa thas nuthin new...i guess its same old same old for me then

graa thas nuthin new...i guess its same old same old for me then

Well in a way you get a lot more props from people for kicking ass with low tiers. Look at all the respect Omega got for doing great with Zas or Kura for playing Talim very well.

Low-Raphael

right where he belongs

srsly fuck namco.......

why.... a raph nerf.....

thats exactly what everyone was asking for

cause hes top tier brokeness in SC4

fuck you namco

I hope your reading this namco

go DIE IN A HOLE

To Ivy/Mina/Talim/Raph players - to me, this game feels very unfinished in the way of character buffs/debuffs. It is my assumption that if they are indeed putting more effort into BD and it will come to console, that it will have more changes and not be a straight port. One can hope, at least.

When Tekken 5:DR was released for PS3, did it have any other changes different from the prior PSP version?

What exactly did Cervy gain, besides more damage off iGDR? I mean that's substantial enough to move him up no doubt, but Setsuka is basically the exact same character except safe, with slightly harder just frames. Unless Cervy got a boost to his soul gauge game or something, he's just an unsafe Setsuka with a pirate hat and no titties.

I just saw a list there where Sets and Cervy were alone at the top, and I feel like people are STILL not seeing where he's unsafe. He has to take way more risks to win than Sets does, where her biggest risk is just missing a just frame. I mean I'll take that extra iGDR damage all day, but he doesn't have a lot that can be used as an offensive tool, everything is whiff punishing and counter hits, or you get punished. Sets is safe enough where she can go on offense more effectively. Giving him a respectable soul crush game would fix this, so if he got that then cool. Otherwise still upper mid with some really bad matchups against characters that don't have to give him the openings he needs to do his big damage stuff.

Back