BD tier list impressions

Crap. Maxi AA is safe to i14 or slower!? That means Maxi can Spam AA on Rock... Cause he's the only one with nothing faster than i14. Great Job Elvis!

Crap. Maxi AA is safe to i14 or slower!? That means Maxi can Spam AA on Rock... Cause he's the only one with nothing faster than i14. Great Job Elvis!

The great thing about have AA have that kind of recovery is that it pretty much means almost no one can punish it without taking a risk. Most moves that are fast enough to punish this are high, which puts you at risk of eating RC KK:K.

The great thing about have AA have that kind of recovery is that it pretty much means almost no one can punish it without taking a risk. Most moves that are fast enough to punish this are high, which puts you at risk of eating RC KK:K.

wouldn't it being punishable mean they can't do anything to evade?

Many stance characters can decrease their vulnerability by shifting into stance attacks. Actually...the only reason why so many of the moves are unsafe is because they force you into a stance upon completion of the move. It takes time for the stance to "end" if you choice to not do anything, thus the window for punishment. If you choose to do a stance attack, you won't need to wait for the stance to end, thus closing the window where you were otherwise vulnerable. Of course, since you are still at a disadvantage, your follow up stance attack can be interrupted by far bigger and nastier moves, or are otherwise even more unsafe if blocked/stepped. I call this the "losing gamble" dilemma, basically you pick "how should I screw myself? Take minor punishment like a man and reset the battle field, or go for the money shot with the potential to screw myself x3". If you ever play Maxi or Talim, you should know this feeling quite well >.>'

In this particular case, the follow up as TC property, so highs while go right through while the move is underway.

First impressions after finally getting my hands on it today and ending a marathon.

Yoshimitsu is improved, Mitsurugi is improved, Rock is hella improved (upper mid IMO) and better than Astaroth in this game finally, Ivy is nerfed, Mina isn't low tier yet at all, Zasalamel is hella improved as well, Algol is nerfed and IMO he may be mid tier (not upper mid, just mid) , and Amy and Hilde stayed mostly the same.

Mina may have some bullshit but I got to tinker some more in the lab to be 100% sure.

Yoshimitsu, Setsuka, Mitsurugi, Hilde, Yunsung, Kilik, Amy, Rock, Cervantes, Zasalamel.

wouldn't it being punishable mean they can't do anything to evade?
Maxi's pretty much stuck where he is after AA. Vs an opponent's AA, if he tries to cancel the stance, he eats the damage. If he attempts to do anything but RC K he'd eat the high. (Could also PLS3 if the aGI kicks in fast enough I suppose...)

So far and in no particular order:

Top-Setsuka, Hilde, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Dampierre (?) [Either he is top or upper mid as getting high 80s to half life of whiff punishments is extremely good, just like Hilde. 2 A+B hits = death]

Upper-Voldo, Mitsurugi, Amy (?) [here or mid] , Rock, Kilik, Zasalamel, Yunsung

Mid-Mina, Nightmare (?) [here or upper] , Cassandra, Algol, Lizardman, Taki, Sophitia, Siegfried, Xianghua, Maxi, Astaroth, Ivy, Tira

Lower-Raphael

Low-Talim

ATM, IMO.

Maxi AA cancel can guard i13 now, and +1 on block to RC. Basically AA have a way to deal everything throw at him. But sadly only few maxi's moves can get away from punishment.

Angrel, what's the reason behind putting Amy to upper-mid or mid? =P She hasn't changed much. I believe she is still top.

Tops imo: Hilde, Setsuka, Amy, Kilik, Mitsu, Yoshi, Voldo

No order and very preliminary but that's how I feel now. I also think that Tira can be upper mid now. Ivy is mid, unfortunately...

Amy has some damage nerfs, CF nerfs and the improved 8way/step system hurts her already steppable approach. She still has her safe 33B and 2B+K 50/50 and that's considerable but since 3BA isn't safe anymore (-12) , that one isn't as spammable as before. The loss of the butter effect hurts her already poor RO game as well. That along with some improvements to the rest makes her definitely not top 5 anymore. Mitsurugi is the more solid 50/50 based character in BD.

Tira upper? How come? I'm listening, hehe.

Wait, Amy's 3BA is -12? That's strange, because Ivy can punish it with 6B9K. Does it mean that it's i12 now?! (i12 35dmg punisher *_*)

Well, every character got nerfed in CF department. From what I seen, her damage changes aren't very noticable. 3A and 1A are still unstepable even with improved movement. Well, I don't know. I still think she's top. She still has everything, including imbalanced wakeup game. Tira got improved pretty much everywhere. She does a hell of a lot more damage and is safer.

Yes sir.

Amy's 3BA gets punished by JF Umbrella for 40 whereas my baby can't do that in 1.03.

Her 50/50 and B+K is IMO her only saving grace in this one and that's why I can't decide if upper or mid. I don't know if her 50/50 alone merits an upper placement. 2B+K > 6A+BA is 44, the same as Mitsurugi's 2KB now and Mitsu has better options than Amy now overall.

And yes, Tira has her power almost to 1.01 levels thank God but what do you mean safer?

So far and in no particular order:

Top-Setsuka, Hilde, Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Dampierre (?) [Either he is top or upper mid as getting high 80s to half life of whiff punishments is extremely good, just like Hilde. 2 A+B hits = death]

Upper-Voldo, Mitsurugi, Amy (?) [here or mid] , Rock, Kilik, Zasalamel, Yunsung

Mid-Mina, Nightmare (?) [here or upper] , Cassandra, Algol, Lizardman, Taki, Sophitia, Siegfried, Xianghua, Maxi, Astaroth, Ivy, Tira

Lower-Raphael

Low-Talim

ATM, IMO.

i think Nightmare should be upper, i know that a lot of characters damage were upgraded, but Nightmare's damage has been upgraded so hard and some of his combos were improved, he's now like a damage machine

Saludos mi hermano Angrel

I agree my man.

Nightmare right now is like the HULK. He's on fucking steroids, kinda feel like SC1 Nightmare damage again.

He has some issues but his power is a big equalizer. Tough one. I believe he should be upper as well but I'm not 100% sure yet.

More BD Nightmare players should throw their cents.

From what I've heard I still don't think Mina would be that high. Despite being able to use A+B+K for SG damage, you have to use it in place of damage combos on tip moves, and there's always the armor shedding thing. The fact that her force blocks don't work anymore is pretty bad too, hurting her SG damage game (44/66A+B and other moves take quite a bit more to Soul Crush now), and some of her moves have random damage nerfs (while others have buffs). She lost 33KB mixup after combos/certain launchers too.

1BB/B4B/CH 4B shakeable stun is nice, but couldn't really lead to that much (since they'd have time to shake when Mina's hopping back).

Back