Maxi General Q&A

Maxi has to take to many risks to be top tier but his damage is out of hand if your willing to put the work into him and can stay focused the entire tournament then yes he is viable. You just have to play the match up as far as his spacing gos. I was struggling with Ivy/hilde/tira for a little while until I discovered the usefulness of 66b+k. Where as 6a+b is used much more against :sc5nat1: /:sc5lei1: and 44B>RO is very good against mid ranged fighters like rugi sig and nighty.

I don't agree about taking many risks. Like hotnikkelz said, "become a master of his safe moves". Then go on to hit confirm safe stance moves like 44bg. Lastly, go on with high risk high reward moves, for example on guard 22/88a-psl2 -a quickly leads to the retreating a. That's his safest option out of the forced stance as I can see. Better get used to playing safely so you get used to it, get good att stepping and punishing. Then add some mindgames like 4b+k cancels, a,b or kg feints. This is how to play Maxi in my opinion if you want to get far in professional play. I'm glad that he still requires hit confirming I would not have my adrenalin kicks otherwise :) Have to be quick on my virtual feet (lol), and quick in my head.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but I think we should try to switch over to the terminology for SCV. the old pure soul loops are now called Pure Seven and True Seven. I think the names are dumb and I miss the old terminology, but if we're going to be playing this game for a few years to come, and if we don't want to confuse the hell out of newcomers, I think we should try to switch over to the new lingo.

I'm also curious about Maxi. I've tried him like once in SC1, and is probably the character I have the least knowledge about.

Could you give out some basic moves just some basic safe/good moves to try out and so that I can compare him to other characters and get a feel of how he is played? Like a few of his main pokes/antistep/punishers(6A+B?)/damagemoves (juggles/stuns)/low(the SC4 2b+k,b?). Appreciate your help

Okay Maxi players, so a lot of people are complaining vehemently about Maxi and his damage. Obviously most of this stems from ignorance but still, fuck Maxi! Now I really don't wanna see him nerfed and hope to develop a culture of dealing with him instead of depending on getting him weaker so I, as a Mitsu player have asked our god (Belial) to come up with some anti-Maxi and I think he did a great job. To keep things going in this direction though I implore you to go onto the following thread and add on whatever you think people should know about Maxi.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/mitsurugi-vs-maxi-stance-guide.11205/#post-409471

i really hope he doesnt get nurfed to be honest his dmage is his only real massive +

he has lost a lot of his stance games making most of his strings and patterns more obvious
he is still pretty unsafe (especally during loops)
most of his damage stems from meter use

maxi is high risk high reward and people don't like it as that rewards is great. but you can still shut maxi down with interrupt moves.

Okay Maxi players, so a lot of people are complaining vehemently about Maxi and his damage. Obviously most of this stems from ignorance but still, fuck Maxi! Now I really don't wanna see him nerfed and hope to develop a culture of dealing with him instead of depending on getting him weaker so I, as a Mitsu player have asked our god (Belial) to come up with some anti-Maxi and I think he did a great job. To keep things going in this direction though I implore you to go onto the following thread and add on whatever you think people should know about Maxi.

http://8wayrun.com/threads/mitsurugi-vs-maxi-stance-guide.11205/#post-409471

You're just mad because you can't just spam 4B against Maxi anymore and expect to win, lol.

You're just mad because you can't just spam 4B against Maxi anymore and expect to win, lol.

Ah, so what are Maxi's option against this ? :p
Because the only things I found was to stop my pressure and try a 44K that beat it and leave a little frame advantage, or I have to wait to confirm that mitsurugi is going going for a 4B and quickly launch a WS B+K... but it's a bit tricky to do

Haha, I for once personaly don't think Mitsu will be a threat to Maxi in this game, if there is one, then Patsuka is more of a candidate, the problem with Mitsu 4B is that move's huge backstep so as long as you aware of that when fighting him and use less linenear moves like RC A,B, you will be fine. Btw Mit's 4B is hella unsafe iirc, and Maxi's punishment games damage is over the roof, abuse it and then laugh like a bitch >:)

Mitsu's 4B isn't hella unsafe at all. Maxi can't punish it...trust me...I've tried. However we can bait him to do it and punish the whiff with an assortments of options ranging from 6A+B to 11B to B+KBBBA to CE :) among others

hey guys, have you noticed that 11,77,44k TC horizontal mids. Try it, easiest way to see it is to record it and let it miss close to you then do a horizontal mid.

What do people use to track to his left side? I noticed he has great tools to track his right but to his left, im left with doing slow horizontals that get me CH. I know i could do high moves but i'd rather do a good quick mid poke to stop their movement and thought 3K was the answer but it still doesn't track like it does to his right, and 6A+B tracks so good to his right as well. I experimented with 3A but it has very poor range and on block im pretty much screwed cuz im stuck in LI with heavy disadvantage.

What do people use to track to his left side? I noticed he has great tools to track his right but to his left, im left with doing slow horizontals that get me CH. I know i could do high moves but i'd rather do a good quick mid poke to stop their movement and thought 3K was the answer but it still doesn't track like it does to his right, and 6A+B tracks so good to his right as well. I experimented with 3A but it has very poor range and on block im pretty much screwed cuz im stuck in LI with heavy disadvantage.

3K is supposed to work. You can mess around with 66K as well. Finally there's the venerable 2A :)

Idk if this is the right place to ask but: i was playing against a maxi player yesterday and he did the 3 hit string that ends in a guard crush (which i G'd all) and then did his EX backhand. I was still holding guard but ate it for CH dmg, is that an unblockable setup?

The only 3 hit string that ends in a GB would have to be a fully charged LI B. After LI B on block, it guard crushes so well that the follow up "backhand EX" or LI A as we call it, is gauranteed. theres nothing you can do about it!

Could be wrong....prolly am, but its the only GB into a guaranteed LI A I can think of!! If for some strange reason I am correct. That fully charged LI B is VERY sidesteppable to Maxi's right. Opens him up for a big fat punishment. The maxi player you were playing prolly isnt very well versed in the ways of the nunchuck swinger, and really shouldnt be using that move.....unless its working.....LOL

HRD

Back