Patroklos Combo Discussion!

66B CE would be better. Catches at all 66B ranges if you stab them from the front.
Sometimes I don't hit 66B from the front. >_>

I'm too lazy to hitcheck most of the time... I probably should use 66B CE more often especially near ring edge (66B+K has this tendency to pull backwards, or push the opponent off at an angle)

but, I don't... failing on my part... ._.

Sometimes I don't hit 66B from the front. >_>

I'm too lazy to hitcheck most of the time... I probably should use 66B CE more often especially near ring edge (66B+K has this tendency to pull backwards, or push the opponent off at an angle)

but, I don't... failing on my part... ._.
I use 66B CE all the time. It's so good! CH 44A CE is good, too.
I'd use 66B 66B+K CE if it would ring out/kill.. Otherwise, I go for damage. I'd rather struggle a little more than waste damage.

Made some interesting finds on 44B, using it as a replacement for 236~K which can be hard to execute and is highly unsafe when failed.

236B BE 44B does 63 damage (unscaled, no clean hits, hitting from the front) compared to 77 damage for the 236~K variant. Catches everything but right ukemi, which still leaves you safe, albeit at a disadvantage.
66B 66B+K 236B BE 44B actually works everywhere, unlike the 236K variant. Same caveats apply. Does 88 base damage, compared to 77 for 66B 66B+K 236K (which doesn't cost meter) and 91 for 66B 66B+K 236B BE 236K.
A+B 44B works in all cases where A+B 236~K would, and even a little beyond that. Still can't go all the way, but at least you won't get whiff punished. Also works in the case where you actually did do a GI. Once again, does not catch right ukemi, but you're still safe even you whiff, whatever the range. Does 60 damage compared to 67 damage for the 236~K variant.

By the way, if somebody could actually update the combo list, that'd be nice.

236B BE 44B does 63 damage (unscaled, no clean hits, hitting from the front) compared to 77 damage for the 236~K variant. Catches everything but right ukemi, which still leaves you safe, albeit at a disadvantage.
236B BE 2B+K is what I've been using. 64 damage, easy input.

A+B 44B works in all cases where A+B 236~K would, and even a little beyond that. Still can't go all the way, but at least you won't get whiff punished. Also works in the case where you actually did do a GI. Once again, does not catch right ukemi, but you're still safe even you whiff, whatever the range. Does 60 damage compared to 67 damage for the 236~K variant.
... Not bad. I'll have to remember this.

Looks like not even Alpha's CE can hit. I like it.

Looks like what I posted on 66B 66B+K 236B BE 44B is match-up dependent, APat can actually back tech out, and I've seen him escape with right tech as well (not consistently though, might depend on placement). Haven't taken the time to check all characters yet. Still safe though.

EDIT : Patsuka, ZWEI, Siegfried, Xiba, Cervantes, Nightmare, Mitsurugi, Maxi, Yoshimitsu, Volod, Astaroth can back tech out. Elysium, Edge Master and Kilik only can if they're using one of the above's style, apparently. Can't test Dampierre because I haven't bought him.

wR K,A 66B+K 236K
Whoa whoa whoa. Whoa.

Whoa.

That doesn't work.

When testing combos, be sure to have settings set to

Movement 1 Stand Normal
Movement 2 Stand All Guard
Ukemi Settings Random/Left/Right/Back (preferably retest using all ukemi settings)

You can also use the "Combo" mode, and set the state to "Post Ukemi Guard".

Getting 66B+K off other moves in Pat's arsenal would be pretty game-changing...

Would it work if you're catching someone after 236B* with a 66A techtrap that pushes them to the edge? Was the first situation I thought it might hold some use when I read about the combo.

I seem to be dropping wrKA CE a lot. I seem to only be able to get at a ring edge or near a wall. Does this combo have character specific timing or doesn't work on certain characters or something?

Yeah, as long as your input of the CE is quick it should work wherever. Don't seem to need too much buffering or anything to land it although SC does give you a fair bit of generosity on the input of CEs

Combo time! Let's do it.

:1::A:
  • FC :B: - 36 damage (not at tip range)
  • JS :K: - 51 damage (must be point blank to connect- risky whiff!!)
---

:3::B: or :3::(3): :B:
  • JS :K: - 53 damage (recommended combo)
  • JS :B: - 56 damage
  • JS::B: - 58 damage (Clean Hit 65 damage)
  • JS :B::BE: - 65 damage (wall carry)
  • JS :B::BE:~JS :K: - 92 damage (only near wall/ring edge)
  • :CE: - 95 damage
---

:1::B:
  • :3::B: - 49 damage (best oki)
  • :6::(6)::A::+::B: - 67 damage (damage/killshot)
  • :1::B::BE:~:2::A: - 67 damage (ringouts)
  • :1::B::BE:~:3::B: - 80 damage
  • :1::B::BE:~:CE: - 110 damage (ringouts)
---

WR:K:
  • JS :K: - 43 damage
---

WR:K::A:
  • JS :K: - 57 damage
  • :CE: - 102 damage
---

:A::+::B:
  • JS :K: - 67 damage (only near wall/ring edge boundary)
---

:8::A::+::B:
  • :A::A: - 50 damage
  • :CE: - 82 damage (best used for wall carry/ringouts)
---

WR:A::+::B:
  • JS :B: - 63 damage
  • JS::B: - 66 damage (Clean Hit 77 damage)
  • JS :B::BE:~:2::B::+::K: - 78 damage
  • :3::K::K:~JS :K: - 68 damage (Note 1)
  • :3::K::K:~:3::B: - 64 damage (Note 1)
  • :CE: - 99 damage
---

:B::+::K:
  • :CE: - 123 damage (Clean Hit 137 damage)
---

:6::(6)::A:
  • :A::A: - 54 damage (only near ring edge/wall boundary)
---

:6::(6)::B:
  • :6::(6)::B::+::K:~JS :K: - 77 damage (best oki)
  • :6::(6)::B::+::K:~:6::(6)::A::+::B: - 80 damage (killshot)
  • run-up :B::+::K: - 73 damage (Clean Hit 83 damage) (Note 2)
  • :CE: - 109 (Note 3)
  • :6::(6)::B::+::K:~:CE: - 96 damage (Note 4)
---

:2::(2)::B:
  • :3::B: - 51 damage
  • JS :K: - 58 damage
  • :3::K::K:~JS :K: - 75 damage
  • :3::K::K:~:3::B: - 72 damage (Note 5)
  • :CE: - 107 damage
---

:1::(1)::B:
  • BT :B::+::K: - 48 damage (Note 6)
  • :G:, JS :K: - 62 damage (only near wall/ring edge boundary)
  • :G:, :CE: - 103 damage ("The Partisan Special"- incredible reverse ringout range)
---

:2::(2)::K:
  • :3::B: - 57 damage
  • JS :K: - 63 damage
---

:4::(4)::K:~:K:(Note 7)
  • :3::B: - 53 damage
  • JS :K: - 59 damage
---

(JS :A:):B:
  • 3B - 55 damage
  • :CE: - 103 damage
---

:6::(6)::A::BE:
  • :3::B: - 70 damage
  • JS :K: - 76 damage
  • :1::B::BE:~:2::A: - 78 damage (ringouts)
  • :1::B::BE:~:CE: - 100 damage (ringouts- 2 bars required)
---

JS :B::BE:
  • :2::B::+::K: - 64 damage
---

(Note 1) - 3KK and its followups can be very inconsistent. Recommend you use JS B for maximum reliability.

(Note 2) - If you are unsure about using 66B+K at the wall, use this. B+K hits for good damage and is usually more reliable.

(Note 3) - Does not work at tip range or off-axis. I would rather use 66B+K, CE.

(Note 4) - Normally, I wouldn't recommend 66B, 66B+K, CE, as you're paying 1 bar for 19 damage, and as such it's only worth it if it kills or rings out.

However, sometimes when you land 66B+K you land it late, and it catches the opponent's tech and relaunches them for +18 damage. If you use CE here, you'll get better scaling (1 bar for 34 damage). I usually go for the CE if I get a relaunch (128 damage! Woo!) but it's up to you.

(Note 5) - 3KK is a little more reliable here. But, JS K likes to whiff if the opponent falls away from you, and whiffing your backflip is really bad. Use 3B for more reliability.

(Note 6) - Always BT B+K, even if you think you have the ringout. Hitting them with the move pushes them a teeny bit and that can be the difference between a ringout and nothing.

(Note 7) - If you delay the K, the opponent will fall toward you instead of away from you, allowing combo followups. If you do it too fast, you may whiff your followup.

Counter Hit Combos

:6::B::B::B:
  • :6::(6)::B::+::K:~JS :K: - 95 damage (best oki)
  • :6::(6)::B::+::K:~:6::(6)::A::+::B: - 99 damage (killshot)
  • run-up :B::+::K: - 88 damage (Clean Hit 98 damage) (Note 2, above)
  • :6::(6)::B::+::K:~:CE: - 114 damage (ringouts/killshot)
---

(:3::K:)~:K: or (:4::(4)::K:)~:K:(Note 8)
  • :3::B: - 35 damage
  • JS :K: - 42 damage
---

:2::A::+::B:
  • :3::B: - 46 damage
  • JS :K: - 58 damage (must be close enough to connect)
---

:4::(4)::A:
  • :B::B: - 67 damage
  • :3::K::K:~:3::B: - 79 damage (Note 9)
  • :3::K::K:~JS :K: - 84 damage (Note 9)
  • JS :B: - 76 damage (Note 9)
  • :CE: - 115 damage
---

(Note 8) - These attacks are delayable attacks- get the first attack blocked or whiffed, then delay the second and catch your opponent with a CH. 44K has a bigger delay window than 3K.

(Note 9) - 44A gives one more frame of advantage from further out. However, if you are too far out 3KK/JS B will not connect. If you are too close, 3KK and JS B will get blocked, and you can be punished. BB is reliable but not all of it will connect at times due to distance.

Wall Combos

:3::B: or :8::A::+::B:
  • W!~:3::B:~W!~:4::4::A:~:3::K::K:~:2::B::+::K: - 91 damage (right tech 108 damage) (Note 10)
---

:6::(6)::A: Close Hit
  • W!~JS :K: - 53 damage
  • W!~JS :B: - 61 damage
  • W!~:6::6::A::+::B: - 67 damage
  • W!~:3::K::K:~JS :K: - 74 damage
---

:6::(6)::A: Far Hit
  • :3::B:~W!~:4::4::A:~:3::K::K:~:2::B::+::K: - 93 damage
---

:2::(2)::A:
  • W!~:3::B:~W!~:4::4::A:~:3::K::K:~JS :K: - 97 damage (Note 11)
  • W!~:3::B:~W!~:4::B: - 70 damage (Note 12)
  • Back throw - 111 damage (Note 13)
---

Right side throw
  • W!~JS :K: - 89 damage
  • :CE: - 141 damage (!!!)
---

:6::6::B::+::G:
  • JS :K: - 62-87 damage
---

JS :B:
  • :3::B: - 58 damage
  • JS :K: - 63 damage
---

(Note 10) - Substitute 2B+K for JS K for +4 damage. It is better to use 2B+K most of the time- okizeme off JS K can put you at disadvantage.

(Note 11) - Because the opponent is back-turned, using JS K is preferable.

(Note 12) - This is actually a mixup situation. If you throw, you'll get a back throw or right side throw (right side throw being the best possible situation). If you 3B, you get 3B combos. The damage on both accounts is wonderful, if you can actually land 22A near the wall.

(Note 13) - Consider yourself at disadvantage when you land the back throw, as it can be very hard to land a followup. You may even end up attacking the wrong way, be careful. Back throws are not guaranteed on Astaroth, Voldo, or ZWEI.

Back