Soul Calibur 6 CaS Discussion

The official Dengeki stream yesterday mentioned that we’re getting the first CaS pack soon after the January patch, which will be including a mix of old pieces, new pieces, and pieces from past character costumes. Also, they plan on releasing free CaS from time to time. Anyone have any ideas on what the legacy costume pieces will be? (Aside from Classic Astaroth and Classic Nightmare)

Cassandra's and Setsuka's 2Ps from SC4 seems like possibilities since we already have the hairstyles from those sets, plus those costumes were in Lost Swords. In fact, there were a lot of legacy costumes that showed up in LS, so I'd imagine those are the ones that will most likely get brought over as DLC.

As for other legacy costumes that I'd like to have... Well, I'll keep dreaming for SC2 Mitsurugi's 1P.

If we aren’t getting Hwang and Lizardman, I’d at least like to have all their customization equipment. Having Edge Master’s would also be nice, but lower key than the first two.

Beyond that, I would really like to see the return of Elysium’s 2p and both of Z.W.E.I.’s outfits, if they’re on the table. If not, then Ivy’s 2p from SoulCalibur IV would be pretty nice.

As for original parts, for female stuff I would really like to see Ring Pants, Honor Boots, the Merveilleuse set, and less specifically, more complete armor sets. It’s incredibly lacking right now.

If we aren’t getting Hwang and Lizardman, I’d at least like to have all their customization equipment. Having Edge Master’s would also be nice, but lower key than the first two.

Beyond that, I would really like to see the return of Elysium’s 2p and both of Z.W.E.I.’s outfits, if they’re on the table. If not, then Ivy’s 2p from SoulCalibur IV would be pretty nice.

As for original parts, for female stuff I would really like to see Ring Pants, Honor Boots, the Merveilleuse set, and less specifically, more complete armor sets. It’s incredibly lacking right now.
More stuff is always nice. Hopefully, more armor sets in the vein of Hilde's primary costumes would be nice. But, if we are to get back CaS props from past games, I think we will get those things.

They said both CaS packs would have "over 100 pieces in total" and from our experience of them saying something is over x amount of stuff usually just amounts to a couple over the limit (read: over 20 characters = 21 base roster).

Now, this could translate to maybe around 5 whole outfits per pack or would everyone be more satisfied with a random spattering of equipment and ExEqs?

I feel like, when it comes to races, regular malfested would fit a Groh CaS more while a mutated malfested would work best with a CaS using Kilik's style. But, maybe it's just me.

Sorry, but how do you upoad CASs? i have a few based off Anime characters for SC6.
What version of the game are you playing? I know the PS version lets you save screenshots - Wherein it's simply a matter of transferring them to a computer. Naturally the Steam one comes with a myriad of image-capture options.

I'm working on a tool for making it easier to share CAS creations (this would only apply to PC users), and I'm curious if there would be demand for anything like this.

This is how I plan for it to work:
  • Export your CAS creations from your save file into PNG files. Each PNG file shows the thumbnail of the CAS creation (the actual CAS data is sneakily hidden at the end of the PNG file).
  • Share the PNG files and be jolly.
  • Download the PNG files and apply it to your save file by using the tool I'm making.
I finished making a save converter, so the next step is to map out the CAS format. I think this is very doable to make, but it will take a bit of time.

I'm working on a tool for making it easier to share CAS creations (this would only apply to PC users), and I'm curious if there would be demand for anything like this.

This is how I plan for it to work:
  • Export your CAS creations from your save file into PNG files. Each PNG file shows the thumbnail of the CAS creation (the actual CAS data is sneakily hidden at the end of the PNG file).
  • Share the PNG files and be jolly.
  • Download the PNG files and apply it to your save file by using the tool I'm making.
I finished making a save converter, so the next step is to map out the CAS format. I think this is very doable to make, but it will take a bit of time.
That sounds incredibly cool. I just kinda wonder how it would end up working if someone used DLC parts and you didn't own the DLC.

Here's a picture of Inferno wearing a top hat. Please like my post.

22.png

This is... PROGRESS! I'm close to mapping out enough of the CAS format to extract and replace CAS creations, including extracting the thumbnail image data separately. I'm posting this to see if the forum software will store the PNG file exactly as is or strip out data as I've hidden super duper hidden data at the end of the PNG file.

Back