Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
taki was never cool cept maybe in SC3 when she had taki bawms dawg

other then that....meh
big boobs and camel toe city...nothin to see here

46 is like ancient!!! I don't think I know anyone that old! Also Natsu will be better than Taki because she has blonde hair and according to ninja tier list blonde hair ninjas are the best!

Look at NARUTO!
She fits so much better in the Naruto series,so you're saying just bcoz this chick is blonde she'll be better than Taki?

Ivy looks helluva better. She seems more seductive and less dominatrix. She looks much more like she should be in a Final Fantasy game, which I adore. I'm hoping she gets a complete overhaul gameplay-wise, so I can pick her up again.

Zwei is hot. He reminds me of the Dante in DMC, just a lot more hotter. xD I hope with the 3 handled sword, he will have a fun moveset to play with. I kinda wish he had a tad amount of body hair though. >.<

The new Taki looks interesting, but her design is the least interesting out of the three, but I think the extremely girly aura about her is a nice change. I'd imagine she will be hated like Yun Seong was though. I'm hoping she plays nothing like Taki. Instead I want her to be fast and have a lower damage output, but make her much more evasive. Make her a fast Talim.

This game seems to be taking a more modest approach to character design, but also a much more fantasy-esque approach, which I for one think is truly awesome. :D

About the stages. The endless stage could lead to some interesting play. I imagine, if we get a Seong Mina type character in this game, who ever ends up maining her will have a field-day on this stage. It will allow them to run away and poke endlessly. :D

So so hyped for this game atm.

No way,Taki owns her.
if you like bland characterless anime archatypes...I like anime but I almost always hate the characters that are cold and emotionless its soooo boring

I like characters like mizuno you from stardriver with character

if you like bland characterless anime archatypes...I like anime but I almost always hate the characters that are cold and emotionless its soooo boring

It's like the opposite.
I love the cold,deep voiced,mysterious characters.
And hate,energetic,hyper anime characters.

seriously who cares, i get it i dont like her design at all. worst case she is Takis replacement if so just CAS her to look more like taki. And if taki is still in the game dont play this blondeninja then.
We should be allowed to vito new characters designs we dont like

But Pocky Yoshi isn't 12 or 15 year old,and he's not always hyper/energetic.

Wrong! Age ain't nothing but a number, buddy.
For all he cares, he likes childish stuff over serious stuff.
If he wants serious stuff, he'll pick that ninja Guy in SSFIV Arcade Edition.

Wrong! Age ain't nothing but a number, buddy.
For all he cares, he likes childish stuff over serious stuff.
If he wants serious stuff, he'll pick that ninja Guy in SSFIV Arcade Edition.
Yoshi's japanese voice doesn't sound "hyper/energetic".

wow you work for project soul? pretty cool stuff
Yes iDo. Lol
Im just say im not a super Taki fan but i get it, if Namco released a piss poor version of maxis replacement i would be piss off too. enough to quit using the character. the entire concept of a NinJa, is lost on this cute lower class ninja. I have never had issue with a SC character design before except maybe Algor transformin hands But his a boss character.

fact: NINJAS ARENT CUTE THEIR DEADLY,
NINJA DONT say, "HI" they say"DIE" . HINAta is more intimidating than this chick.

Yoshi's japanese voice doesn't sound "hyper/energetic".

You should hear the english one then. If Pocky Yoshi had a voice of serious time, he'd go japanese. If he wants to be silly, hyper energetic is the way to go. Aside from all this rambling, serious people can sometimes be boring compared to an energetic fool you can constantly make fun of.

Live streams

3 Viewers
CallMePeterJr
CallMePeterJr
Back in SoulCalibur 6 and going through the Libra Of Soul

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members