Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Zwei fights under a full moon, has a moon tattoo, and wolf crests. His name is "two". If this guy has a werewolf form I will crack the fuck up. Vampires, zombies, golems, and now werewolves. If he is a werewolf, his design starts to make a hell of a lot of sense.

You forgot elves. :D

i was thinking...
about the stages....they seems to be 3D this time :O instead of using that rendered 2D ._. Street fighter 2 style.

I really wonder if its so...
If yes it would be a good graphic enhancement...

Wow! I love everything they revaled!
I noticed that hair + some details in Natsu's costume remind a bird to me, a jewel bird, I've always liked these little touches by Namco in SC!

Lol, Zwei and dat modern Japanese fashion (BELTS BELTS AND MORE BELTS). He's alright, but currently not too fond of his design though.

Ivy on the other hand looks awesome, love everything about the new design.

In game screenshots of Taki apprentice look good tbh, or rather, she looks nowhere near as annoying in-game as she does in her concept art which, upon seeing this massive res artwork, makes her look even worse; I mean, look at the excessive mascara!! Wth!? And I never noticed all the damn sparkles before either.

Anyway, these screenshots are hardly doing the game justice.

i can settle with natsu's face in game.. looks kinda good actually.. but i still think that her outfit is too bland... too generic... not enough coolness there..

Ivy on the other hand looks awesome, love everything about the new design.

New design? Yes the costume is a bit new but she looks completely the same as in SC4! They used the old model i think.

I think they could give her a new haircut after 17 years?! It looks like SC4 DLC now.

New design? Yes the costume is a bit new but she looks completely the same as in SC4! They used the old model i think.

I think they could give her a new haircut after 17 years?! It looks like SC4 DLC now.
I agree some new hair would be awesome (maybe P2 who knows?). They're definitely still using the old model, I think that will change...I was talking strictly about costume design though.

Zwei looks cool in the art, he looks like the bad guy from an old anime (Saint Seiya or Hokuto no ken).

However the cg model is awful. In fact...I don't know why but all the 3d models look fucking ungly and deformed. Ivy and Natsu doesn't look cute at all and their bodies are weird

....I agree. Kinda disappointed with Ivy's new look. I was hoping for something new but it does look like they took her SCIV model as a base and wrapped her up with new clothing. Dont get me wrong, the new outfits looks great, the left arm with snake design and the upper outerwear really give that snake skin look. I was just hoping to see something different and new. But I bet there is a provacative element that isnt being shown here. Damage. Armor damage. I bet when she gets battle torn and her outfit gets shredded, she'll shed that skin to reveal a more familiar side of our beloved dominatrix.... ;)

Rawr, Ivy you cougar.

She's looking better than she has in a long time isn't she?

I go away for two days and suddenly the site has exploded with news. Psssht.

I can't find the words to properly convey the delight I feel at the possibility of Zwei being a werewolf. I want to laugh because it's ridiculous, and yet I think with Raph being a vampire and cervantes being a zombie is it really like we're jumping further off the deep end here? It only seems right somehow to make shit get crazier.

This is pretty exciting and everything, but I got over it a lot faster than I thought I would. What I really want to see is game play vids.

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back