Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
You should hear the english one then. If Pocky Yoshi had a voice of serious time, he'd go japanese. If he wants to be silly, hyper energetic is the way to go. Aside from all this rambling, serious people can sometimes be boring compared to an energetic fool you can constantly make fun of.
I did listen to his english voice,ehh i like the japanese better,though i'm not saying the english one is bad..

I just want you to know, your frustration makes me personally happy. I derive pleasure from knowing this actually upsets you.

-Idle
Don't worry dear, just because I type like that sometimes, doesn't mean I'm sitting here all fucking frustrated. Sorreh to disapppint ya.

I, however, take pleasure in you caring about me so much. tehe
رد [Reply]

I love how people are actually still complaining how it looks like SCIV graphically. Did you guys honestly forget that SCIV was a gorgeous looking game already? Talk about taking shit for granted. It wasn't the graphics where SCIV went wrong, it was the gameplay. So quit QQing over pointless shit you're just taking for granted and look forward to the gameplay changes and improvements.

I love how people are actually still complaining how it looks like SCIV graphically. Did you guys honestly forget that SCIV was a gorgeous looking game already? Talk about taking shit for granted. It wasn't the graphics where SCIV went wrong, it was the gameplay. So quit QQing over pointless shit you're just taking for granted and look forward to the gameplay changes and improvements.

This is gold. I don't care too much for graphics in video games anyways, but like you said, SCIV's was fine the way it is. It seems that Namco is doing a good job at tweaking the gameplay so far. :3

Don't worry dear, just because I type like that sometimes, doesn't mean I'm sitting here all fucking frustrated. Sorreh to disapppint ya.

I, however, take pleasure in you caring about me so much. tehe
رد [Reply]

Spelling and responding back to him in a tough I don't wanna lose way says otherwise. So you're actually trying to keep yourself from getting trolled by acting? Tee-hee! What a silly one you are. You should of kept quiet buddy.

@Bangoo. I see. Thanks for sharing.

Man, I tell you what, I don't know how people think Ivy looks good. I mean the new costume is waaay better than in 3 and 4 (though, I still don't like it, it looks like a chopped up penguin suit stitched together to look between her SC2 and SC4 versions), but that's not the issue.

The problem is Ivy still looks like a dude. 'Her' face is (still) masculine, and she has no curvy figure (lack of clothing=/=feminine figure). It's far from the Ivy I liked in SC2, and is the total opposite of sexy (unless you like transvestites). If you deflate those ever-growing breasts, took out her makeup, and gave her a Mitsu-ish stuble, she would be really expressing her true self.

I joke with my friend (an Ivy main), telling him that her real name is probably Fredrick or something, lol.

I kinda agree with ya BLACKSTAR84. It also looks a bit weird with how covered she is on top, and kept the usual skimpy parts down there....

I'm glad Ivy is back though. Her style is too awesome.

As for the guy.... I dunno what to think yet. He looks a bit cheap, like a character you can create yourself, but I liked the face. Wonder if he has replaced Talim or something.

Ok, a little sad at this point. Really REALLY wanted to see Taki and Maxi. At this point, i;m like Ok, ive seen enough of the new characters, i wanna see some oldie but goodies.

Natsu looks way better in-game than she does in the concept art. Zwei, on the other hand, looks decent in the concept art but kind of silly in-game for some reason. It might just be that his costume is a little too cartoonish. And yeah, Ivy's definitely sporting that strong jaw again. Namco isn't exactly batting a thousand with faces in these last two games. Am I the only one who thinks Zwei bears an eerie resemblance to Miguel from T6?

Are these the only characters being revealed at ComiCon?

I feel like they are trying to start all over and have this be like another soulblade/souledge. I mean they were considering calling the game Soulblade/edge 2. that kind of lets you know what direction they are going in. I hope they don't get rid of a good character like Talim or Kilik and keep the pointless ones like Rock and Amy.

Last thing, This is not concept art. This is final game art. They use these pictures in certain parts of the game. For example, in soul calibur 4, these types of pictures were the character selection pictures.

46 is like ancient!!! I don't think I know anyone that old! Also Natsu will be better than Taki because she has blonde hair and according to ninja tier list blonde hair ninjas are the best!

Look at NARUTO!

ooooooooh snap! so funny.... LOL

By the way,I thought Cervantes took Ivy's soul in the fourth game. It says it in the story everywhere. But, they can't replace her becase here fighting style is way too unique and it only works for her.

By the way,I thought Cervantes took Ivy's soul in the fourth game. It says it in the story everywhere. But, they can't replace her becase here fighting style is way too unique and it only works for her.
well it does actually say that but they said that Siegfried's story ending would be Canon so everyone else's ending is pointless.

Side Note: I'm totally digging the new characters, little blonde ninja=no problem in my book, Evil looking german dude=total badass, well in my opinion at least, I hope Namco keeps up the good work!

well it does actually say that but they said that Siegfried's story ending would be Canon so everyone else's ending is pointless.

Siegfried turned into crystal at the end of his story(as well as nightmare). So did he come back to life? Im confused. It said in soul calibur 4 that soul calibur was Siegfried's life support. So technically he should be dead now.

Siegfried turned into crystal at the end of his story(as well as nightmare). So did he come back to life? Im confused. It said in soul calibur 4 that soul calibur was Siegfried's life support. So technically he should be dead now.
very true, but I would not know anything Namco is thinking :p least of all how they plan on bringing both nightmare and siegfried back, and look at Ivy, so as for seeing as they are there. It's just a matter of waiting to see how they explain what happened.

It seems they're taking some liberty to change the ending. Siegfried's ending is the canon one (as implied by the first trailer), but there's no mention of Siegfried, Nightmare or the entire world being crystalized.

Live streams

7 Viewers
Morsheeva
Morsheeva
[FR-EN] Pourquoi j'ai pas croisé ce jeu avant ?!
4 Viewers
nighttimeapp
nighttimeapp
Birthday Stream! | Speedruns | #2 in the world | Hard Difficulty
3 Viewers
FuzzyCatGirl
FuzzyCatGirl
Transcending history and the world: a tale of swords and souls, eternally retold. Awesome character creations!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back