Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
i think zwei is the new tira in terms of mood changes. notice in the images 21 and 22, that the colours that follow the weapon movements change from blue to orange.

I really love you Namco!!! <3

As for Zwei, lol, is he replacing Talim?
Anyway, I think that he is a member of Schwarzwind and this is his nickname. Sieg calls him Zwei, for some reason, just like Dr. House calls one of his doctors "13"..... That would be lol right?

As for Ivy, she wears more clothes!!! LOL!

The new Taki-student looks pretty cool!!!

And I hate when I see pics where Sieg gets his butt kicked...

Zwei fights under a full moon, has a moon tattoo, and wolf crests. His name is "two". If this guy has a werewolf form I will crack the fuck up. Vampires, zombies, golems, and now werewolves. If he is a werewolf, his design starts to make a hell of a lot of sense.

Kill me, hate me, spit me but I love Fantasy creatures in my soul calibur, specially little vampire girls :sc4amy1:

This is pretty exciting and everything, but I got over it a lot faster than I thought I would. What I really want to see is game play vids.

I doubt you're going to get much more of interest than recycled movesets at this point amigo. Pat and Seig have been worked on the longest (I think?) so maybe you'll get to see something of interest but at this point I doubt it sincerely.

i think what contradicts the theory that the assets were "leaked" is that daishi and harada probably wouldn't go viral with it on twitter if they wouldn't want everyone to know about it...

Yea, pretty sure Jaxel got a "go ahead" from Filthierich before posting these. And now Daishi&Harada are like "oh noes, now there's some super secret shit leaked on the interwebs".

Anyways, wouldn't be surprised if the werewolf theories were true. We've had golems and lizardmen since SC1. Zwei looks like he's going to a metal concert or something and he does have this 80s MadMax/Hokuto no Ken look. Seems like an ok addition. Interesting to see how does the different sword grips play out.

Ivy looks hawt. Interesting to see what they come up with her P2 outfit, both hair and clothing wise.

Natsu... why does it look like that her in-game model is hiding a salami in her pants? Maybe I'm projecting something here? Her ponytail doesn't bother me all that much (at least it's not as huge as Mitsu's P2 hairdo in SC2).

So Taki is actually replaced? All this time I had been looking forward to her design. This bitch isn't even Japanese-looking.

Daishi, I'm sorry but, you can suck my none-existent balls.

So Taki is actually replaced? All this time I had been looking forward to her design. This bitch isn't even Japanese-looking.

Daishi, I'm sorry but, you can suck my none-existent balls.

Well... they cant all be immortal so its not weird that most normal humans are too old for fighting.

Is anyone else concerned with Namco's stereotyping here? Look at Zwei - there are moons all over him. That plus furry clothing, night-time arena, and an obvious resemblance to Raphael means...they must've read Twilight.

Is anyone else concerned with Namco's stereotyping here? Look at Zwei - there are moons all over him. That plus furry clothing, night-time arena, and an obvious resemblance to Raphael means...they must've read Twilight.
Vampires and werewolves have been around WAY longer than Twilight. Vampires don't sparke and the werewolves in the movie were just...wolves.

Taki is old and needs to be replaced, no one wants to see a ninja grandma out there with a walker and sagging DDs.

Natsu is a new wave ninja! You better respect!
Taki's 46,you think ninja's lose their powers that easy?
Respect who?oh please,this 12 year old b!tch looks like a mix between Tira & Talim,just trash.

Back