Soul Calibur V Assets from San Diego Comic-Con!

• Admin
In preparation for the upcoming Namco Fighting Games Panel at the San Diego Comic Con (the countdown on the front of 8WR is currently counting down till the panel); Namco has released some new assets and character artwork which confirm Ivy, as well as a stage without ringouts.

The most stunning of all this is that the male character silhouette that Daishi leaked to us last week is not Raphael, which I'm sure most of us assumed, but is instead a new character named "Zwei" (German for "two"). He also appears to be holding his sword in a "tonfa-like" fashion.

sc5_pub_2d_ivy1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_natsu1-copy.jpg sc5_pub_2d_zwei1b-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_ivy1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_natsu1_001-copy.jpg sc5_pub_hss_zwei1_001b-copy.jpg
patroklos-critical-edge.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-2.jpg patroklos-critical-edge-3.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_002.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_010.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_011.jpg sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_005.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_007.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_002.jpg sc5_pub_ss_natsu1_pyrrha1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_003.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_004.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_patroklos1_001.jpg sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_001.jpg
sc5_pub_ss_zwei1_siegfried1_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_arena_002.jpg sc5_pub_stg_field_001.jpg

[source: Veg's Corner]

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Really? Her critical finish is one of Raphael's grabs. No further explanation needed.
And is this a reason for calling her an exact copy? I just don't get the whole point... They both use the same sword, not the moveset...

Ya because Raphael dances around like a ballerina right.. "No further explanation needed"
in soul calibur 2 he did, his stance in soul calibur 2 is just like amy's in soul calibur 4...that's why people were calling him gay(not saying that he is). Amy's fighting style in SC4 is a bit more feminine than Raphael's in soul calibur 2. no futher explantion or comment needed.

well seriously guys, I know this has argued to death and you're tired of people saying Amy is just a clone, but even if they play differently, Amy's moveset is directly derived from Raphaels... which is fine, they play out differently.

Still don't go overboard the other direction :p

Edit: And that 'no comment needed' line, damn are you trying to be annoying? Because it's annoying :p

And is this a reason for calling her an exact copy? I just don't get the whole point... They both use the same sword, not the moveset...
I did not call amy an exact copy. Whats the problem? I feel like amy needs to be more dynamic. Be different from the other games she was in. Get off it.

It makes sense for Amy to fight a lot like Raphael, as he would be the one who taught her to fight.

I hope Raph makes it, but if not I hope that they at least give Amy some personality.

Looking forward to trying out Zwei's fighting style. Looks interesting to me, but I'm still hoping for my favorite tonfa-style character.

BELIEVE! :sc2tal1:

Amy is just a copy of Raphael. Their moves are very similar.She is Boring and has no depth. Not even to her story. Raphael is more interesting than Amy...
Anywho,
Maxi, Xianghua, and Kilik have brought more depth to the story since their beginning (Soul Calibur). They have always have had an interesting connections and interesting stories.
Amy is not a good character to keep because her story is Raphael's story, so her purpose in the game is pointless. She can be a bonus character with Raphael's fighting style. She is not unique at all.
I don't know what your saying about Talim. Dark and Light?
Meaning she can carry "soul calibur" and "soul edge"? Kilik does as well with his weapon "embrace of souls".

Xcuse me? A crazy Elvis impersonator with a nunchaku brought depth to the story?

I mean Amy is dark and Talim is light characters of the same age.

Also saying Amy has no character is just dumb. If you read any of her story you know its dumb to say she has no depth. You just dont like her but you say all your opinions like facts. thats stupid.

Actually it's Raph who's pointless to me right now... A world for Amy and that crap... whatever... Enjoy your RO! I'm not against Raph but I think his important role ended in SC2, after helping Siegfried's stuggle to break free from Nightmare...

True, Raph has been pretty pointless the past couple games... But who hasn't, other than Siegfried and Nightmare?

I'm looking forward to a more story focused game... And hoping Raphael has a fresh desire, not just creating a "new world" again. That one got kind of old.

I like the no boundaries stages and I like the new guy. Sucks I was wrong about Raph but whatever. Zwei looks cool. Liking all the reveals so far.

if you like bland characterless anime archatypes...I like anime but I almost always hate the characters that are cold and emotionless its soooo boring

I like characters like mizuno you from stardriver with character
I understand what you mean, but most of the other girls in SC4 were just goofy. Cass with her butt moves, X with her crybaby attack on the ground, Tira kiss of death (which was hot)... Taki, was your only badass chick out the bunch. She will be missed

Sword Calibur 5 is lookin good, where are the unique weapons already, show me a stick, a holahoop,nunchucks,an axe.
Sword Calibur 5 is lookin like poke, slash, B,B city.
wheres the weapon diversity, kiliks in, maxi in,talim in,ast in,voldos in.

'Kay.. Am I the only one getting a Cassandra vibe from the new chick?
She's pointing her butt at us in her 3D.. sooo a Cassandra move.

Live streams

1 Viewers
BlottoDaGamer
BlottoDaGamer
Better Days🌞with @blottodagamer🍃 and Friends🤝🏾 (@artgoonx, @honcho9ine, @tratrathe3rd, @cosmiccentralcc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isisabraham
Back