Soul Calibur V Gameplay Demos from EVO2K11!

• Admin
Word on the news vine is that during the upcoming top 8 stream for Tekken 6 at Evolution 2K11, Namco Bandai Games International and @FilthieRich will be announcing a few new reveals for Soul Calibur 5! The top 8 stream for Tekken 6 will begin immediately after the end of top 8 for BlazBlue.

You can tune into the live stream of the Evolution 2K11 Fighting Game Championships at their live page: http://evo2k.com/live/. Stick to 8WayRun.Com as the tournaments go on for continuing coverage of the reveals. This post will be periodically updated as news is released.

12:25pm : opening statements. Introduction of Katsuhiro Harada and Daishi Odashima.

12:27pm : new character announced: Leihua, Xianghua's daughter.

Untitled-1.jpg

12:29pm : gameplay demo with Zwei and Patroclus, explaining the new critical edge system; it appears that critical edge supers can also ring out. In addition, we also get to see a significant amount of gameplay featuring Zwei's "partner" Ein.
12:33pm : gameplay demo with Ivy and Natsu. Natsu appears to play just like Taki.
12:37pm : gameplay demo with Mitsurugi and Siegfried. Match takes place on Zwei's new "boundless" stage which has no ring outs or walls. The game looks much faster paced than its predecessors.
12:41pm : closing remarks from Daishi Odashima and Katsuhiro Harada wishing that the game will be featured in an upcoming EVO tournament. Planned release for the game to be 2012, as expected.

2:55pm : @filthirich announces a playable demo of Soul Calibur 5 at this year's Tokyo Game Show.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
^ yea and I'm a bit worried we'll get more and more new faces with only a slight different movelist.

Also holyshit Natsu's gameplay is sex.

I liked what I saw. When I saw zwei's familiar(?) it immediately reminded me of Eddie from Guilty Gear for some reason.

It'd be good podcast material to go through all the gameplay videos we've seen so far and explain/teach dummies like me what we've just seen.

i dont like if all characters just get replaced with their children. Its good for 1 or 2 characters but not for all. then its just SC4 junior edition.
Don't jump the gun; this has only happened to Sophitia and Xianghua. We still don't know what happened to other characters yet. ...and calling it a 'junior edition' is kind of an understatement. SoulCalibur: BD is more of a junior edition than anything since it was based from SCIV and was essentially a 'tutorial game'.

Zwei's gameplay looks very interesting, though I would like a few more specifics on what Ein can do and what moves incorporate him.

Xianghua being replaced? Hmm..I would've liked to see her return actually, but I can live with that. I'll be surprised if Kilik isn't the father, and I hope Leihua's style is notably different from her mother's.

And finally, Natsu. Dem teleports. Dat combo. Though her CE looks kind of useless outside of a combo lool

Both Zwei and Natsu Gameplay was GREAT! Zwei , is considered long and short range character?

And Natsu have GREAT CANCELS!!!!!

ZWEI looks boring to me, but probably because I haven't seen more of his summon (I totally called that like weeks ago, saying that probably made him like Eddie or Carl Clover).

Well, it's somehow happening too with Taki.. And it's also almost guaranteed that it will also happen to Rock, and god knows if LiLong's son replaces maxi...
Natsu isn't Taki's daughter and as they said, she's a successor and we will see more of them for other characters. Why is this a surprise to you guys after it's been stated only half the cast will be returning?

Just wondering how many new styles we're going to see.
SC4 had just 2 completely new styles(Hilde and Algol)

EDIT: Does Star Wars count? Then 5 new styles.

Edit 2: All those characters got banned in most tournaments, strange.
I hope history won't repeat itself.

Live streams

36 Viewers
LittleNycto
LittleNycto
Lets start creating our fighters! | !stackup | !charity | !calltoarms | !discord | !youtube |
1 Viewers
petreySOAD420
petreySOAD420
Wolfgang is on connection<sOul oF DiAmond>.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back