Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Why can you not sidestep Angler K? Why does the stance realign with the opponent so liberally? You can't use a ranged move because Angler B will counterhit you and combo into Angler K

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but take this translation post on reddit w/ a grain of salt.

EDIT: Oops. @Sectus already posted it.
Well....giving Groh some buffs I see. That doesn’t sound too bad. I mean it’s not like he’s received any good buffs last patch, right? Right? Hahahahaha....
WHAT THE FUCK NAMCO?!!!

47179A12-0B09-486E-8EB8-9821860258BE.gif

Anyone know what's actually going off with the DBZF debacle?

Basically Toei aren't allowing tournament for DBZF as they think "it's not necessary for the DBZ brand", officially, not officially maybe they're jealous that Bandai Namco are getting profits and the hype and success the game is getting and so

I don't want to act like i'm some kind of Lord Psycomantis, but i honestly see this coming from miles away. That's why i always said that namco should not only focus on their animes games, but also in their own IPS, if not more on their own IPs, like Tekken and Soul Calibur (and other IPs) are 1000000% their own IPs and no one can ever had any control on those outside of Bamco themselves, animes games in the other hand not same thing can be said about those, and this DBZF debacle proved this. I think the issue here is quite obvious is that Toei leads has no knowledge and connection about Fighting games and even more Fighting Game tournaments. I think this can still be fix but that won't be easy eitherway.

Outside of that:

1 Game of those 3 doesn't have a World Tour, you know what to do Harada

Then you'll also prove that legend that says "Harada hate Soul Calibur" was totally Untrue Kappa

Basically Toei aren't allowing tournament for DBZF as they think "it's not necessary for the DBZ brand", officially, not officially maybe they're jealous that Bandai Namco are getting profits and the hype and success the game is getting and so

I don't want to act like i'm some kind of Lord Psycomantis, but i honestly see this coming from miles away. That's why i always said that namco should not only focus on their animes games, but also in their own IPS, if not more on their own IPs, like Tekken and Soul Calibur (and other IPs) are 1000000% their own IPs and no one can ever had any control on those outside of Bamco themselves, animes games in the other hand not same thing can be said about those, and this DBZF debacle proved this. I think the issue here is quite obvious is that Toei leads has no knowledge and connection about Fighting games and even more Fighting Game tournaments. I think this can still be fix but that won't be easy eitherway.

Outside of that:

1 Game of those 3 doesn't have a World Tour, you know what to do Harada

Then you'll also prove that legend that says "Harada hate Soul Calibur" was totally Untrue Kappa

That is not true, and in fact Toei's CM on Twitter said the other day they had no freaking idea what the hell was going on. Apparently Shueisha is also involved in rights, so maybe they're the ones blocking it.

Or maybe simply Bandai screwed up hard. I don't recall anyone from/close to Bandai Namco making a statement?

That is not true, and in fact Toei's CM on Twitter said the other day they had no freaking idea what the hell was going on. Apparently Shueisha is also involved in rights, so maybe they're the ones blocking it.

Or maybe simply Bandai screwed up hard. I don't recall anyone from/close to Bandai Namco making a statement?

Dunno man i've heard many people saying the problem is coming from Toei, including someone like Maximillian, so yeah.

Anyway not going too deep into that off-topic, can't wait for Amy and Cass to be release, not too pumped about both (or maybe actually a little about Cassie) but i can say their redesign in Story and i'm quite curious to see what they'll do with them gameplaywise. Also looking forward to the CAS DLC really something cool (like not just Bikini city like the T7 SP1 LOL)

Found this cool video that shows each characters critical edge with the camera at a distance.

I feel robbed :(

Those stages are fuckin BEAUTIFUL like the amount of detail that is just completely lost by that shitty blur effect.

What if like DOA they had specific stages that allowed characters to have attacks that could move the fight to a different part of the stage.
I’m just grabbing at straws here but I feel all that detail is such a waste It gets me emotional LOL

The anguish of the stage designers and modellers is unreal.

I also blame the remix... it reinforced just how much I love this game.

"Nightmare
- Meant to be high-risk, high-reward, but, so far, the reward has been greater than the risk. So expect nerfs."

FINALLY god damn it. It's like, what risk??????????

And NM players be like

View attachment 56891
Here is a personal anecdote: I'm a C5 Nightmare and I've just played a match vs Legendary AI Groh as Nightmare. I won 3-1.
Then I did the opposite and played as Groh vs Legendary AI Nightmare. That was like my 3rd time ever playing Groh not counting the story mode. I don't know any of Groh's advanced stuff at all. I won 3-2 no problem.
Nightmare is far from being the best character, he's mid tier at best, his only advantages are damage and ease of use, his speed is below average, his range is average, his CE is garbage, his Soul Charge is nothing special, his ring out game just got cut in half in the latest patch. Yet somehow devs are planning to nerf him to hell even further while buffing real overpowered characters like Mi-na. Seriously, what the hell?

Back