Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

1. Mysterious DLC needs to GO!
Nobody likes to buy DLC when they don't know what they are getting. It is evident in forums and amongst gossip that this practice deters interest instead of encouraging people to buy DLC and trust they are getting something good. Which is sort of a gamble since its unknown what you will be delivering.

2. More stuff for Character Creation
One of the games selling point is Character Creation and right now it is lacking hard in what people could in previous game. More stuff and options needs to be added. Bringing back old items and costumes with some new ones here and there will do wonders.

3. Where is everybody? (Stages)
Stages are beautifully but so dead. There is NO life or anything going on. With 2B's new stage bringing some form of moving beings it helps tremendously give the stage life and a personality.

4. Button Config Character Select Screen
This should be a staple for all fighting games. There is no reason not to have it.

5. Restart match in option
To save time going back and forth after players fixed their buttons from the character select screen (once button configuration is put in) have a restart match in the options when the game is paused. Will make matches run so much faster and smoothly.

I'm livid I couldn't put all of it in. Well this is my suggestions.

The March 26 release date for Amy makes sense because Namco didn't disprove the claim by Microsoft. Remember when Microsoft claim SCVI would release in June 2018. Namco disproved it.

It also makes sense because it's a Tuesday. Namco loves releasing DLC on Tuesdays.

The whole "NRS can't design women" seems kind of sexist to me, tbh. Just because they don't dress them in dental floss and make them look like 17 year old girls? Not to mention that the faces themselves are pretty attractive in 11 anyway. Have you guys even seen what Cassie looks like lol?

Anyway, hype for Amy. Hopefully they don't need to nerf either her or Raph for one to upstage the other. Their styles look pretty different this time.

Patch should just be reverting flapjack back to the way it was
I have often thought the flapjack nerf was one of the most ridiculous things from the updates. It’s not even hard to deal with anyway. You can block low, grab break, tech jump, or just not go near the stage edge at all and BAM, no flapjack RO. It honestly makes me wonder if the people that begged for those nerfs are stupid, lazy, or just flat out inept at dealing with NM/Sieg (and just playing the game in general).

Just give me Ivy's old 1(B) back. Everyone should know how to block a slow low by now. B6 is amazing but I feel like Thanos after he got the Soul stone.

The whole "NRS can't design women" seems kind of sexist to me, tbh. Just because they don't dress them in dental floss and make them look like 17 year old girls? Not to mention that the faces themselves are pretty attractive in 11 anyway. Have you guys even seen what Cassie looks like lol?

Anyway, hype for Amy. Hopefully they don't need to nerf either her or Raph for one to upstage the other. Their styles look pretty different this time.
They look like men and wear burkas, all because they want to please a vocal minority. This came after MK9 where they were perfectly fine with making women look sexy. It’s perfectly understandable to hate on them. Also I don’t see you complaining about the prevalence of male fanservice like Geras being sculpted like an Egyptian god.

They look like men and wear burkas, all because they want to please a vocal minority. This came after MK9 where they were perfectly fine with making women look sexy. It’s perfectly understandable to hate on them. Also I don’t see you complaining about the prevalence of male fanservice like Geras being sculpted like an Egyptian god.

I won't argue about this in the general thread but I am happy to discuss it with you elsewhere :)

Nah, I'm good. I already had that cancer going on before in the DLC thread. I'll just point out that the majority of SC gamers are male, the majority of men are straight, and the majority of women don't mind -- seriously, go look at cosplay, thousands upon thousands of women go for the sexy designs. Seeing one go for the burka designs, if you can find it, is like finding a needle in a haystack. The people they're trying to appeal to, a small group at that, don't buy games, just complain about them. I was just in a foul mood when I stumbled upon your "comment".

Good day.

Anyways, I sent my feedback to Namco and PS. Hopefully they got it.

Here's some improvements I want to see:

1. More items for creation
Creation has had a limited pool of items and DLC is too sporadic. As this is a major selling point of the game, I'd like to see the Cepheus Store return from SCV for regular content updates.

2. Improved UI
I'd like less input lag, creations being marked by name, alternate costumes coming up when selecting individual characters, and maybe a new character select screen that's a horizontal bar making it easier to navigate.

3. Global Colosseo and improved online
One of my favorite modes from SCV, and it was cut for reasons unknown. Can we bring this social mode back into Online? It'd be great. Can we please be allowed to freely type again in Casual, and also manually search for rooms?

4. New character
Maybe a new female character, perhaps ;)

That's all for this. Keep up the good work Project Soul!

P.S. can we get City Ruins in rotation?

Unfortunately, there was a 1000 byte limit as before, which I think is too limiting because I had to cut a lot of text (including a fifth point; I wanted more stages and City Ruins in rotation on Ranked, so I had to add the latter part as a small note). Still, I was able to get the point across. Wonder if they're taking all this into consideration.

The issue with MK11 is that most of the characters shown so far are incredibly unappealing and that's not from a sexual point. This is due to NRS moving away from the larger than life/heroic body type that many super hero comics and fighting games have used since the very beginning. NRS has never been good at modelling faces but they have dropped the ball big time with the majority of the cast as they look average and have unimpressive presence. It's important for fighting game characters to stand out and convey that they're something special. Some have been a success like Skarlet and while her face has a little alien uncanny valley look she does have an excellent sadistic look about her which is perfect for a hemomancer.

Personally I find NRS character animations the most offensive thing about MK these days, the quality is so poor that you'd think that they ripped animations from an early PS2 budget title.

Reactions: Ave
Man, we really need new SCVI content. All we've done is fight over petty shit, and it's tiring.

I'll try to break it up...

What feedback did you guys send Project Soul?

Back