Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

@Robert_J_King

The lack of consistency with characters is something I can fully empathize with as it can ruin your investment you have in a character (Reptile for example). I'm personally not too salty with the direction MK11 has gone in, that ship sailed with MKX. I've been a fan since the release of the original game and apart from MK4 which I missed out on I brought every single main title up until then. With that in mind I find it impressive that MK11 makes MKX look good in comparison, I didn't think MK could get any more soulless but it did.

Skarlet is perfect, leave her alone.
;P

Memes aside that head gear has been an awful addition, I have no doubt edge lords will quickly make an Islamic terrorist customization out of it and the click bait journo sites will cry foul as they always do.

Sigh, can we please move on to another topic already? I asked if anyone else gave feedback, I'd be interested in hearing how the game could improve.

They look like men and wear burkas, all because they want to please a vocal minority. This came after MK9 where they were perfectly fine with making women look sexy. It’s perfectly understandable to hate on them. Also I don’t see you complaining about the prevalence of male fanservice like Geras being sculpted like an Egyptian god.
They don't look like men one bit, in fact, the only time they looked bad was in MK9, in which they all dressed like strippers, and the costume damage made them even more naked. MKX heavily improved their design, most of them were still sexy, while not being forced into ridiculous costumes that got further reduced with damage, Mileena was wearing more, but still looked sexy, Kitana had an alternate that wasn't just a bikini, and they even added some sexiness to males as well, with Johnny and Erron's alternates being hot shirtless costumes and Kenshi's alternate and Takeda's default being tight on their nice asses.

When you make a game like MK9, where all women MUST show skin, while the right to do so in males is very limited, you're bound to attract criticism, even Shao Kahn had some thigh armor he didn't have back in MK2/MK3. Having fanservice isn't a problem, what happened to Mortal Kombat was an improvement, where it was completely ridiculous at first, but was heavily improved later, keeping characters from both genders sexy while not breaking the more serious tone of the game.

Um, what? The women in MK11 look like the ugliest men I've ever seen, and it clearly wasn't an accident. They're not sexy, and they can't even be interpreted as attractive. It's just like in Mass Effect: Andromeda. Also, for Christ sake this is Mortal Kombat, once one of the most extreme series out there. A phrase like "toned down" shouldn't even be in the vocabulary. And dude, why are you spreading this agenda in a game like Soulcalibur, which takes titillation in stride? Isn't that kinda counterproductive?

But no, I'm doing this with you. The nuMK is about spreading agendas that I nor do very many others care to hear. I will never play another MK again, MK11 made that decision for me. And can we for the love of FUCK move on? I'm tired of everything becoming an argument because one person makes a small remark.

They don't look like men one bit, in fact, the only time they looked bad was in MK9, in which they all dressed like strippers, and the costume damage made them even more naked.
tumblr_ov1vopbfDU1qb5qxmo1_500.gif

Kappa

Um, what? The women in MK11 look like the ugliest men I've ever seen, and it clearly wasn't an accident. They're not sexy, and they can't even be interpreted as attractive. It's just like in Mass Effect: Andromeda. Also, for Christ sake this is Mortal Kombat, once one of the most extreme series out there. A phrase like "toned down" shouldn't even be in the vocabulary. And dude, why are you spreading this agenda in a game like Soulcalibur, which takes titillation in stride? Isn't that kinda counterproductive?

But no, I'm doing this with you. The nuMK is about spreading agendas that I nor do very many others care to hear. I will never play another MK again, MK11 made that decision for me. And can we for the love of FUCK move on? I'm tired of everything becoming an argument because one person makes a small remark.

Okay, look, I don't want to come across as confrontational, but I mostly observe without talking here, and a lot of the time it's as if you purposefully look for arguments and seek them out, and then complain when one actually does happen, blaming the other person and never taking responsibility for the things you yourself say. For example, when you replied to me about what I said, you clearly typed what you did with the intentional tone of someone hoping to confront the other. When I said I would be happy to take the discussion elsewhere, you continued to be passive aggressive and attempted to get the last word in, despite putting forth the claim that you didn't want another "cancerous" (distasteful word to use) debate. You purposefully posted your last argument knowing that I would not bite back in order to validate yourself and come out on top. Then, when sytus posted his post, which was actually not argumentative at all, and was just his own perspective on the character designs of MK11 (he didn't even mention anything to do with sex appeal), you tried to shut him down with the "can we please move on to another topic already?", just because you didn't like what was being discussed. It's not your right to police what people talk about or what their opinions are. Just chill, dude. You don't seem like a bad guy so just try to tone it down with the aggressiveness and passive-aggressiveness.

I didn't confront sytus. I just want to talk about something that isn't fighting each other, like the feedback for SCVI. The reason I was angry was because I already in a bad mood, and I saw you making that remark over someone else's lighthearted joke (which isn't without merit, btw) and tried to spin it as "sexist". You think I enjoy this? I'm tired of all the fighting and bickering, petty name-calling and gossip. It seems to happen every single time. That's why I've tried so hard to move this topic from the fighting to something else, something that NO ONE has tried to do at this point.

Now can we please, PLEASE talk about something that isn't about us going at our throats over a culture war? Hell, what does MK11 even have to do with SCVI anyways? It's not even remotely on topic.

I can't be the only one who sent feedback, right?

But...no one is really arguing right now. They’re all just stating their thoughts towards sex appeal in video games and they’re passively stating their reasons why. If you don’t like this discussion then let it die down instead of trying to force a new discussion down other people’s throats as like a feminazi would trying to shove down their ideology down said throat.

But...no one is really arguing right now. They’re all just stating their thoughts towards sex appeal in video games and they’re passively stating their reasons why. If you don’t like this discussion then let it die down instead of trying to force a new discussion down other people’s throats as if you were a feminazi trying to shove down their ideology down said throat.
It sure feels like arguing, and it certainly isn't productive, nor is it on topic anyways.

Maybe to YOU, but considering sexiness is a part of both MK and SC I personally feel it can use the comparison every now and then. Besides it’s not like this discussion has gone on for 5 pages or anything.
It will if we let it.

It will if we let it.
Or it will die out and then a new topic will come into mind. Either way, if you dislike the current topic in the thread then don’t engage in it. Why not just make a new thread about your own topic instead of trying to shove into everyone’s faces here? It’s only necessary when things start becoming into full on flame wars.

Last edited:
I think Cassie looks pretty in MK11, but I guess the boys in question can't wank to her since she's fully clothed. Never understood this 'they must entertain my heterosexual penis'-thing, as in the women MUST be sexual but it's perfectly fine for the men to look like ogres. From a game making perspective I can respect SCVI in this regard, as they do make both genders mostly appealing to even it out. They might have gone overboard with Zasalamel though. Those smackers kinda scare me.

EDIT: Then again, I can appreciate MK11 for actually making the human faces distinct and natural. In contrast, SC faces mostly blend together and have this generic flavor to them.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one who sent feedback, right?
I also made feedback:
Creation mode needs more parts, it is very lacking compared to the previous games, not even having the parts selection from SoulCalibur V, and I doubt we will have them all at the end of the season pass, or even half. Getting more parts has been great, but more parts from III, IV, and V would be much preferred to parts from Lost Swords.

The game also needs more stages. It became even more apparent with the latest DLC giving us a lot of stage music with not enough stages to even use half of the tracks. It seems likely that we will get even more music DLC, so we really do need some more stages to go along with that music. We lack a raft stage, a Korean dojo stage, a Japanese temple stage, a mansion stage, and a caged coliseum stage, to name some series staples that would be great to have.

Please also look into the "Azure Nightmare" (I am assuming this is the name, no one has unlocked it) title in Libra of Soul, it appears to be glitched and will not unlock.

A lot of the same sentiments I've already made, I'm not sure why they're doing feedback again so soon, when not much has changed since the last time.

I wonder what this could all be for...

Just wondering, how would you feel if they announced a "Soulcalibur VI: Arcade Edition" with new content and a bunch of improvements, like SFV did? That'd be cool if these feedback surveys are for something like that, as they keep saying they want to improve the game.

1. Mysterious DLC needs to GO!
Nobody likes to buy DLC when they don't know what they are getting. It is evident in forums and amongst gossip that this practice deters interest instead of encouraging people to buy DLC and trust they are getting something good. Which is sort of a gamble since its unknown what you will be delivering.

2. More stuff for Character Creation
One of the games selling point is Character Creation and right now it is lacking hard in what people could in previous game. More stuff and options needs to be added. Bringing back old items and costumes with some new ones here and there will do wonders.

3. Where is everybody? (Stages)
Stages are beautifully but so dead. There is NO life or anything going on. With 2B's new stage bringing some form of moving beings it helps tremendously give the stage life and a personality.

4. Button Config Character Select Screen
This should be a staple for all fighting games. There is no reason not to have it.

5. Restart match in option
To save time going back and forth after players fixed their buttons from the character select screen (once button configuration is put in) have a restart match in the options when the game is paused. Will make matches run so much faster and smoothly.

I'm livid I couldn't put all of it in. Well this is my suggestions.

1- Gotta disagree here, personally i like the suspense of not knowing which one is coming and speculating, tho if there are some guest characters i'd like to know in advance.

3- Oh yeah i think would be great to have some stages, Ivy and Voldo on my top list, and Setsuka's if she'll end up coming.

Few more stuff i'd like to see is the options/parameters would being save, and option to wait for "also" Casual match while in Practice.

I don't get why the limit is so short. I feel like it should be at least twice as long, as it's hard to cover everything when trying to make a list of improvements and changes in a detailed manner.

It's not even the limit, though, it's lack of topicality. It doesn't seem useful to just ask, "What do you want?," when they could be asking targeted questions with options. Like would you be interested in this, or that, or how are we doing with this, or that, what gameplay changes are needed, that kind of thing.

Back