Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

well has someone started data mining ?

SC6 data mining.png

Random question, if Siegfried has some kind of effect which abbreviates to SP which has some kind of glowing visual effect, and no other character has any effect like this which abbreviates to SP, what do you think it would be? What would SP stand for?
Maybe he's found a use for all of our excessive quantity of Soul Points!

But maybe... Soul Purge? That sounds more like something Grøh would do, though.

As an aside, I'm also pretty disappointed that COLOR 3 and COLOR 4 aren't available for use as templates.

I don't think we're going to get data mined information like we did last time with the placeholder names if that's what you're after, I would not be surprised that if season 2 is real it will be a build separate from the one available now much like how 2B was. That's what I would do if a I didn't want data mined leaks anymore.

View attachment 62333
I did some datamining stuffs. I talk about everything I found here:
(datamining babbles start at 16:25 which the link should automatically seek to)

Short summary: There is very little new datamining-wise. The most interesting thing is that there is a new file for Cassandra which is some kind of glowing visual effect which fades in/out called SP, and the only other character who has an effect with the same name is Siegfried.

Short summary: There is very little new datamining-wise. The most interesting thing is that there is a new file for Cassandra which is some kind of glowing visual effect which fades in/out called SP, and the only other character who has an effect with the same name is Siegfried.
So this means that Cassandra is going to maybe have some kind of rage unleashed mechanic, like Siegfried's?

So this means that Cassandra is going to maybe have some kind of rage unleashed mechanic, like Siegfried's?
Maybe. I tried to confirm what the SP visual effect was for Siegfried by modifying it, but I couldn't tell any difference ingame.

If it stands for "special" then that sounds generic enough that it might not be related to anything Siegfried has.

@FluffyQuack

Regarding your podcast comments about a SC6 Switch version I personally think they won't bring in any exclusive characters but I do think they will bring in exclusive Nintendo character attire like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 did for the Wii U. That would make the most sense without infuriating the SC community. If they did bring someone like Link I imagine it would be a character not playable online like Inferno and the FGC would ban that character from being played at tournaments.

@FluffyQuack

Regarding your podcast comments about a SC6 Switch version I personally think they won't bring in any exclusive characters but I do think they will bring in exclusive Nintendo character attire like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 did for the Wii U. That would make the most sense without infuriating the SC community. If they did bring someone like Link I imagine it would be a character not playable online like Inferno and the FGC would ban that character from being played at tournaments.
I think companies are more focused on the bottom line than making sure the community doesn't get mad. Having a popular Nintendo guest character would be powerful marketing for them, even though that character might as well not exist for the competitive community.

And speaking of SC6 for Switch, I'm surprised Namco never ported SC2 HD to a Nintendo platform. That could potentially let them have a version of SC2 where every single character is available (assuming they can get the rights for Spawn again).

Honestly quite sad there wasn't any old 1P/2P outfit ports. (From what I could tell).
I'm happy though, if only for the music.

Now I'm just looking forward to Cassandra, she will be a vibrant addition to this game.
Meanwhile I'm honestly waiting in agony for Hwang and Rock. I miss Hwang too damn much. Hopefully they actually add stages. This game is in desperate need of that kind of variety. It's even good for old stage tracks to be used on such new stages.

Hopefully they don't ditch us with the lack of stages, but I'm really beginning to think we're getting two at best. In which case, I will be quite frankly bitter.

Honestly quite sad there wasn't any old 1P/2P outfit ports. (From what I could tell).
Well there's Seong Mi-na's SoulCalibur IV underwear... but there's also Nightmare's SoulCalibur IV 2p.

Now I'm just looking forward to Cassandra, she will be a vibrant addition to this game.
I'm just waiting for her to have a Patroklos COLOR 3 like Sophitia has one for Pyrrha. :sc5pat1:

Meanwhile I'm honestly waiting in agony for Hwang and Rock. I miss Hwang too damn much. Hopefully they actually add stages. This game is in desperate need of that kind of variety. It's even good for old stage tracks to be used on such new stages.
Yes to all of this, plus Yun-seong, Setsuka, Aeon, and Li Long. If all of these characters came with a stage, that would be lovely.

Well there's Seong Mi-na's SoulCalibur IV underwear... but there's also Nightmare's SoulCalibur IV 2p.
Ahh! I thought I was being delusional with the Nightmare 2P, okay so there's that. As for Mi-na's underwear... They just really know what the fans want? Don't they? Well its something...

I'm just waiting for her to have a Patroklos COLOR 3 like Sophitia has one for Pyrrha. :sc5pat1:
That would be great honestly. I assume it would be alpha colour palette since Sophitia goes Omega Pyrrah.

Yes to all of this, plus Yun-seong, Setsuka, Aeon, and Li Long. If all of these characters came with a stage, that would be lovely.

If all those came with a stage it'd help greatly with the variety this game needs. Setsuka would finally provide a more oriental stage which I'd kill for.
I hope soon we get a Voldo stage, I really want to see how it would look nowadays being sparkly and glowy with the darkness.

Focus on bringing the rest of the classic stages which would ideally be the Money Pit, Ivy Mansion, the Japanese stages, and Xianghua’s.

Luckily Geralt’s doesn’t look too out of place. Just gotta change the music to add immersion.

Xianghua's Lotus Garden from SC3 would be amazing.
Geralt's stage's lighting seems really peculiar to me however. I altered the track to "Duelists". I got a headache listening to those goats personally.

Honestly, whoever's making the decisions as to what pieces of CaS equipment makes the cut needs to go. And stay far away from all future SC games.
Also PS seriously needs more competent people running their social media platforms. We usually get nothing from them and anything we do get is either pointless or entirely incorrect.

Back