Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Oh? Did Vergeben "leak" that at some point? I didnt know.
One of his earliest leaks/speculations talked about her being guest character for a Switch version. I think this was before the game was announced.

Unfortunately, it's not just the CEs. There's so much about this entry that just has you sitting and watching instead playing. REs that take you out of the normal and traditionally quite enjoyable flow of combat for quick time contests (typically not once but twice in a row), a second panic button function in Soul Charges that blow opponents back and stall the rough and tumble, and the needlessly overlong CEs. I swear, sometimes I feel like I spend more time watching a match I am meant to playing rather than actual contesting it--especially online where newbs abuse the shit out of the horrible netcode (and the fact that no matter what you set your matchmaking settings to, you can still be matched against some twat with a two bar connection playing on wifi) in order to spam unending unsteppable REs in order to harvest meter for countless.

Ugh, it's so tedious and so destructive of the historical advantages/qualities of the franchise. I really don't care what the consensus here is: this is definitely one of the weaker entries in the franchise when it comes to the core mechanics. I love the expanded arsenal of moves that Soul Charge and the current mappings allow for, but other than that, this game is another huge step backwards for the series when it comes to the basic rhythm and enjoyability of the fighting in context. So much cinematic flash to tickle the interest of the casuals, but at the cost of the traditional (mostly fast-paced) ebb and flow that the brand was built on.
Yeah, RE is an even bigger offender when it comes to pacing.

No news.gif

Genjuro is way more popular than Haohmaru plus Haohmaru is way too much like Mitsurugi that it's fair to say that Mitsu's character was inspired by Haohmaru. Nakoruru is by far the best choice in my mind. Not only is she the poster girl for Samurai Shodown but she would bring something unique with her hawk.

I get what you mean to be honest. I'm not happy about it myself.

I'm still going to be holding hands for a Season 2 announcement, but I have to agree, that the budget treatment and promotional treatment combined just seems like a huge disrespect to the franchise and player base.
In general, they should be working their hardest for the success of any fighting game they own, in the end they're all different and a genre that needs any support they can get since nowadays it doesn't appeal to the mass gaming audience.

Yet again, I hope at the very least they are being dumb rather than spiteful. Another company handling SC sounds interesting to me, what I fear is seeing them making all the characters face scanned or some nonsense or loosing the aesthetics that matter.

Regardless, I really hope this series gets justice going forward.
At the very least I'll be support SC6 as much as I can, if I see SC7 get the same treatment when it comes (if it even does) then my tune will very likely change to a sour one. I expect SC7 to not be a hot mess in any way.
Of course Namco selling rights to someone else is basically impossible but if for whatever reasons that would happened J would love if it had more stylised graphics like SCIII which is still holding up visually really well (unlike let's say SCIV).
Also it's all nice and dandy having some ideas for SCVII but Im not sure I will live to that day.
It feels like it all boils down to EVO and the announcements and potential hints given.
Still will play the heck out of Cassandra regardless

@sytus
This Taki looks like quality. Will need to look her up lol

Genjuro is way more popular than Haohmaru plus Haohmaru is way too much like Mitsurugi that it's fair to say that Mitsu's character was inspired by Haohmaru. Nakoruru is by far the best choice in my mind. Not only is she the poster girl for Samurai Shodown but she would bring something unique with her hawk.

I mean with a game called Samurai Showdown, set in Japan, you can get away with putting a katana in half the characters hands and just find creative ways to make their movesets different. The fact that its 2D and uses projectiles helps with that. Soulcalibur isnt like that, duplicating weapons more than once is frowned upon. I wouldnt put Genjuro in here either, or Jubei.

Yeah pretty much Nakoruru is the safe bet.

Im trying to imagine the salt and backlash from Setsuka fans if Ukyo makes the roster.

Last edited:
so finals are tonight are tomorrow?

Tonight if you're from West (Murica, Canada), Tomorrow if you're from East (Africa, Europe ect)

About the rumor: I don't want a SamSho guest FFS. If they're gonna put a guest let it at least be a character from Dark Souls, that would be way more hype, and the character would be more unique too. Would also easy to put since it's Bamco's IP.

Cassandra + SC World Tour reveal would be quite dope. Not excepting season 2 reveal right now at Evo.

Last edited:
Don't shoot the guy, he brought us hope when we were all down ^^
He generated discussion, but was so full of crap after a certain point, presenting logical determinations as fact, the only stuff he was super spot on about was near the very beginning, about Grøh, but even that was wrong, about him being Kilik’s rival, and Azwel being his father. I’m not saying he didn’t serve any purpose, but we know he’s a fraud at this point, so there’s no sense believing him now. We’re past that point of history.

Back