Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

No, but all of humanity's reason compels it to be true. The grey slot is the only one that's really speculative, really. If yellow isn't Hwang and pink isn't Setsuka then I'll believe that grey is Edge Master.
I prefer not to be bound by common sense. So I can and will believe for setsuka, even if its obvious she's third.I can dream😭

If in the new installment or even patch. Would you be open to characters having alternate critical edges that change attributes of a characters move set? Example would be Siegfried would have be Dark Legacy moveset. A Second Critical edge that doesn’t have the dark legacy animations and buffs but instead, a meter that makes him transition into stances quicker or alter they’re movement and may have soul gauge burn attacks. Then a third that is Soul Calibur based that would give him a soul charge form like Kilik. You would choose which one to use at the start of a battle. Not everyone would need three, it could broaden the meta.

@ZionOAS

One could argue that the game is already bloated with gimmicks, plus to a degree what you ask for is already implemented in the game when you pop your soul charge. If you want new stuff for existing characters we're already getting new moves in Season 2 (Voldo, Kilik, Taki, Mitsurugi, Tira) and I expect everyone else to have at least one new move when it comes around.

If in the new installment or even patch. Would you be open to characters having alternate critical edges that change attributes of a characters move set? Example would be Siegfried would have be Dark Legacy moveset. A Second Critical edge that doesn’t have the dark legacy animations and buffs but instead, a meter that makes him transition into stances quicker or alter they’re movement and may have soul gauge burn attacks. Then a third that is Soul Calibur based that would give him a soul charge form like Kilik. You would choose which one to use at the start of a battle. Not everyone would need three, it could broaden the meta.
One CE is enough honestly (except for Kilik, 2B, and Azwel).

I mean, if we're counting variations, technically Cass, Voldo, Nighty and Raph also have them. They're minor changes for Voldo, Nighty and Raph, but they are distinctly different.

Personally, I'd like the choice of two animations for CE, for a bit of a difference, but the same frames for startup, block etc. Azwel as the same damage so as to not break it.

I mean, if we're counting variations, technically Cass, Voldo, Nighty and Raph also have them. They're minor changes for Voldo, Nighty and Raph, but they are distinctly different.

Personally, I'd like the choice of two animations for CE, for a bit of a difference, but the same frames for startup, block etc. Azwel as the same damage so as to not break it.
You’re forgetting Maxi, Tira, Talim, and Amy as well.

Technically speaking Amy has six variants to her CE.

A random thought that I had. Does anyone think that maybe the engine and the way that the game is coded might be preventing a mimic character from being in either SC6 or T7? It seems like the game struggles to load just a standard match. Then the game would have to swap moveset after each round.

Yes, i though about it too, the loading in between the rounds could be the reason (or one of the reasons).

EDIT: Summer Jam Top 8:

Last edited:
My dumbass thought the Invitational was today. I'm quitting life.

Yeah it's in November. there will be an Asia League league tournament Next Week though.

Impressive finals Summerjam, you would really think Bluegod was totally finished after the 4th game but he was able to bring it back all the way.

My dumbass thought the Invitational was today. I'm quitting life.
EDC3E0F4-C63F-49FA-8331-67A38DAC7C3D.gif
Kappa

Will the seven competitors not be revealed until the time of the event?

I checked the official site and all eight players are still blanked out, obviously the invited ones must know who they are by now. I heard Keev is one of the seven but I also heard Kayane being mentioned. It would make sense to have both Evo winners there so Yuttoto could be going.

Regardless of who comprises of the lineup I plan to watch it live (assuming the time zones work out)

Back