Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

In contrast, I’m surprised that I have little to no problems with it. However, the stages are REEEEEALLY boring for me (along with the game), which I certainly didn’t think was gonna happen.

I hate how alot of the stages in this game are huge. I hate the docked ships stage the most.
To me, it’s more so the starting positions of where the characters are on each beginning round of the stages rather than the stages themselves. The Port and Osthreinsburg Castle for example, you’re too far away from each other to really get things shaking unless you’re facing someone like Ivy or Mina. In that case you’re basically at a real disadvantage right there given their tremendous reach. I feel bad for anyone playing someone like Taki or Yoshimitsu against them there.

I hate how alot of the stages in this game are huge. I hate the docked ships stage the most.
It's because of the increased movement speed and the range some characters can ring you out at. Season 1 Ivy on the desert stage could pretty much ring you out in the middle.

I feel bad for anyone playing someone like Taki or Yoshimitsu against them there.
Taki can get in perfectly fine with Stalker and her 66A+B mixup, and as a Yoshi player I can just teleport. The biggest problem for Yoshi is dealing with characters in the mid range, especially with those that are geared around mid range keep out pokes such as Ivy, Asta and Mina, but Yoshi has a couple of moves that have fantastic reach, it's just that 66A+B is slow and 4KB has no tracking.

Sophitia is very solid but I want her aGIs to be improved especially since she's defensive.

Her 6A aGI is the most useless shit ever. Even if you commit to the move its so bad. I wish her passive or whatever you wanna call for this game focused on that. Like if she GIs a certain amount her stab gets faster or her aGIs get more active windows kinda like Amy. Psh tbh I wish they worked like purple stance Amy.

Sophitia is solid but shes the most basic character in this game and for me her biggest weakness is having no mixup. Shes still good but there are a couple things I wanna tweak about her. I wish her 1K still knocked down on normal hit and her TAS went lower cus I swear it used to tech way lower.

As far as stages go, ring outs are fine, its part of the game but almost every stage is a ring out stage. I just sometimes want to fight and not worry so much about being within RO range yknow?

By not explicitly stating her age. I have already heard some people thinking that she's 17...
It’s even worse with SoulCalibur VI, since no one has ages or birth years anymore. It can be assumed that they’re the same as they always were, but now everyone has plausible deniability, based only on the game itself. The reason they didn’t commit to ages is likely due to 1583-1590 being a wide berth of time and not every character model is contemporary to every other character model, so it would be a mess, but even so, it wouldn’t have hurt them to provide birth years. Amy is the one main character who has never officially been given an age.

BAMCO don't have money to make 2P image make 12 year old Amy... 17 year old Amy just because people still don't understand that game covers 1583 to 1590.. Kappa
8-48_Yujin's_bodies.png

Sophitia ISN'T defensive at all with her SC game.

And you basically want her to be old school Mitsurugi. No thank you!!!

She 's right now a Top 5 character. She is fine as she is.
i'm 100% on board with giving Sophitia better defensive aGIs
and then nerf her insane 66B

Think what I would like out of Voldo right now is manual switching between FT and Blindstance. It would give the back stance much better utility and up his poke game. Also, a fix to his Blindstance 8WR A hitbox. Make it a real horizontal. And give him a decent low for Blindstance, or just improve one of his existing lows since all they do atm is exist to be a reaction and MU knowledge check. Landfish could have it’s consistency improved as well, with only LF B having any significant use.

Other than that, I think he’s a fairly solid character.

i'm 100% on board with giving Sophitia better defensive aGIs
and then nerf her insane 66B

I'm on board with buffs overall and no nerfs.

And in the case of Sophitia, who is finally Top after a long while, leave her alone and let her shine.

Or else we end with Raphael again.

On board with let the characters shine and avoid the nerf bats. Sensible balance as well and avoid dumb stuff like old school Mitsurugi 2KB.

17 year old Amy
I don’t believe we’ve ever seen this. The 14-15 year old guess is based on 1590-1591. She hit a growth spurt between her SoulCalibur III and SoulCalibur IV appearances, even, so she’s definitely still a growing girl in 1590-1591. Child Amy from the SoulCalibur II opening FMV and what we now know as 1583-1584 would be around 7-8 years old.

Sophitia ISN'T defensive at all with her SC game.

And you basically want her to be old school Mitsurugi. No thank you!!!

She 's right now a Top 5 character. She is fine as she is.

With SC yeah her aggressive game gets better but without its pretty bland but honestly thats okay. I just want her aGIs to be better, 1k to be a natural knockdown kind like how Ivys 88k works. and for TAS to tech better or be faster.

Its not a need, like I agree shes solid but thats just my lil wishes as a sophitia main

The whole balance idea of "better buff than nerf" is what makes this game annoying as fuck. We see where this got us basically everyone is overtuned and a pain in the ass to fight against. They would be better of trying to get everyone down to the level of kilik voldo mitsu instad of constantly buffing everyone just so they can keep up with cahracters like amy being straight up retarded.

Asta is also a good example of that he got buffed pretty much every patch and one could think hey tahts good isnt it ? But the problem is that the entire cast is so overtuned that every buff asta got simply kept him in the same spot.

Back