Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

SC 5 had more content than Bandai Namco Live..
5688-1181852810.jpg

You know, Nyte could have such a big "I told you guys!!!!" moment if he were to return now.

Considering we have tweets like this where the development team admits they spent time designing and creating unique underwear styles for each character and this was one of the things they focused on for SC6:

It was pretty obvious already, but if you follow the SC6 dev team's twitter accounts it becomes even more obvious they're all about fanservice.

Actually the male drawing is the non-coloured extra "The manly men" female fanservice picture they had contained in the NLPS art book (ie the seeds were already planted at least as far back in SC5, and Zas was even in that art!)

** Actually translating his tweet, this was done back in SC4, which makes sense since they were exploring the concept of armor break.

I actually think its pretty neat they tried to do unique underpants (that were time-period appropriate) for every character rather than the generic boxer briefs. It was a production issue where they couldn't make them, but in the end it didn't affect gameplay because I dont recall any armor breaking down to the undergarment layer for the main default costumes

Can anyone identify the man on the bottom right ? Raph ? Maxi ?
EdiFVW4UcAYCdQt

For the women, whos on the middle top ? She's bald so I don't have anything to identify her with, and I can't read japanese. Just pointing out that Setsuka isn't identifiable down below!

Would they need an individual set of undergarments for both the 2p and 1p ? Ie, and outfit like SC4 1p Ivy wouldn't have undergarments like the one in the below picture (plus it looks like her 2p hair anyways)

EdiFVW5U0AE6JBS

Last edited:
** Actually translating his tweet, this was done back in SC4, which makes sense since they were exploring the concept of armor break.
There's a response tweet in the chain that also confirms they did this in SoulCalibur VI, but yes, SoulCalibur IV was the original source they did this for.

I actually think its pretty neat they tried to do unique underpants (that were time-period appropriate) for every character rather than the generic boxer briefs. It was a production issue where they couldn't make them, but in the end it didn't affect gameplay because I dont recall any armor breaking down to the undergarment layer for the main default costumes
Yeah, which is a shame why they didn't keep going this route. It probably was more taxing than just having layers disappear and such, but they have brought some of it back in the damaged undergarment level and damaged hair for SoulCalibur VI, so maybe in SoulCalibur VII we can get the good armor break from SoulCalibur IV back, at least for the main cast.

For the women, whos on the middle top ? She's bald so I don't have anything to identify her with, and I can't read japanese. Just pointing out that Setsuka isn't identifiable down below!
I can't read the Japanese, it's too blurry to make out, but I'm pretty sure that's just the default, or the customization character underwear.

Would they need an individual set of undergarments for both the 2p and 1p ? Ie, and outfit like SC4 1p Ivy wouldn't have undergarments like the one in the below picture (plus it looks like her 2p hair anyways)
I feel like they just do 1p/2p hair in sketches for variety, like you can also see Talim's 2p hair in this art. But you're right, if they were going to do unique undergarments, it would make sense to have different pair (if only for hygienic purposes) for the sake of style attribution and fashion.

Actually the male drawing is the non-coloured extra "The manly men" female fanservice picture they had contained in the NLPS art book (ie the seeds were already planted at least as far back in SC5, and Zas was even in that art!)

Can anyone identify the man on the bottom right ? Raph ? Maxi ?
EdiFVW4UcAYCdQt

EdiFVW5U0AE6JBS
DanteSC3 mentioned this, but yeah, these sketches were made for SC4 and they didn't have the time or budget to make these into 3D models for SC4, but a reply says they put more effort into realizing these for SC6. I find it funny that with such a low budget for SC6, one of their priorities was modeling unique underwear types for characters.

I find it funny that with such a low budget for SC6, one of their priorities was modeling unique underwear types for characters.

We had a smaller cast at retail release, plus we are missing 2P costumes so I think the unique underwear for each character is pretty much from the leftover budget.

With Calibur's budget in mind, I wonder if Project Soul will do the visuals again for SC7. I imagine some people would be pissed if the visuals stayed the same for 9th gen consoles, but sticking with the current textures means we can have new stuff while keeping the stuff from SC6.

It's a thread btw.
調整の要点は次の3つです。 1.ソウルチャージへの対抗策の追加 2.バトル決着後の挙動修正 3.使いづらい技の性能見直し
The 3 main adjustments. 1. add a countermeasure to the soul charge 2. behavior modification after battle 3. review the performance of outstandingly strong moves
①は既存システムの一部変更です。劇的な変化ではありませんが、ソウルチャージの強力な攻めに対する能動的な選択肢になるはずです。
① is a partial change to the existing system. It's not a big change, but it should give you more active options against a soul charged rushdowns.
②は「OPTIONS」の追加仕様に伴う変更です。バトル終了後の攻撃では、次のラウンドに影響するパラメータ変更が起きなくなります。
② is a change due to the additional specification of "OPTIONS". Attacks after a battle will no longer have parameter changes that affect the next round.
②の対象はソウルゲージの増減、壁破壊などです。(ティラのジョリーサイド時のクリティカルエッジなど、一部例外あり)
The target of ② is to increase or decrease the soul gauge, wall destruction, etc. (There are a few exceptions, such as Tira's critical edge during Jolly Side.)
③は遊びの幅を広げるのが目的です。併せて、対策がとりづらい技や、想定以上の強さを発揮していた技の再調整も行っています。
The purpose of ③ is to expand the scope of play. At the same time, we are readjusting moves that were difficult to counteract or stronger than expected.
正式な情報はまだ先ですが、だいぶ近づいてきた……とは思います。もうしばし、お待ちいただければ幸いです。
Sorry if the English is hard to read. No official information yet, but I think it's getting closer. I hope you'll wait a little longer.
あ、3は英語が間違ってました……。 正しくは「Adjusting the performance of lesser-used moves」です。まあ、どっちもやります。
Oh, 3 was wrong in English.... The correct answer is "Adjusting the performance of lesser-used moves". Well, we'll do both.

Last edited:
Im' also looking forward to defense against soul charge rushdown.
Its much more an equalizer compared to RE imo, as a wrong guess during SC usually means eating at least 80 damage and the match devolves quickly into meter usage. You can fit up to 2/3 mixups and it feels like the game is really decided on that and it diminishes the value of non-SC play

Back