Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

How do we know Zas SC vortex pull is out? Has it been tested or confirmed its gone? Maybe if you hold a button or something you get the vortex part....I'm hoping its still in...

My theory is that MAYBE if Raphael is in the game, Amy might appear in cutscenes or, at best, an NPC helper made with CAS using Raph's style, but I have zero hope of her ever being playable with her own style back :( I bet we'll get bloody Viola as DLC though -_-
Highly doubt Amy/Viola will be playable or fightable, I do however, believe she might be built up for the potential sequel, Raphael I think is more likely to be playable, but I'm still torn on his chances, I think it's 50/50, it just depends on how many newcomers they will introduce, otherwise I'm almost certain both her and Raphael will at least be unfightable NPCs.

I almost would like to see Abyss as an alternate costume for him, or maybe even be a 'demon form' ala Kilik.
Well, we already know that's not happening, the most I can see happening is Abyss being a NPC, I'm still hoping that SOMEHOW we'll get him as the last boss of the game, but I can't help but laugh at myself from just saying that, although it is pretty sweet that Zasalamel got all of his cool moves, I always preferred Zasalamel himself anyways, I think he is menacing enough as a villain on his own, especially with the time stop power shenanigans.

The problem is, if she is the only representative spear user in the game, and you love the spear and it's historical use and you love CaS she is absolutely terrible a representative as her weird lance spear with a flag attached and dinky sword all being used in a weird way makes making any character who uses a spear absurd 98% of the time.

Speaking as a person who honors and respects the spear for it's historical significance and helping us make the shift from beast to man, an then staying strong and true up until modern day, never truly being sidelined by any other weapon, I find Hilde an unacceptable representative of the spear. As a third spear user after a two handed, and a spear and shield, then sure go weird, but as the only one?

I mean imagine if the only sword wielder was Groh, would you feel the sword was adequately represented? No of course not. But the sword has multiple two handed, one handed, and sword and shield styles before a truly bizarre one.

All I'd like is for the spear to be given some respect before the goofy weird crap. is included. That's my problem with Hilde. She can't be used to CaS anything really, not even a spear user.

Addendum: No an even better representation than Groh since I think Hilde's style is really that weird compared to actual spear use. Imagine if Yoshimitsu was the only representative sword user.

Well actually Hilde's style really existed and so did spears with flags. They were used as a distraction for opponent. PS designed her after Brunhild & Jeanne D'Arc who were also portrayed as spear users and Jeanne d'Arc is also known for using a spear with a flag. So I wouldn't say she is historically incorrect in fact she is really unique for bringing out an actual but not so common style.

I also don't believe they would make her only spear user (if she's in of course) because as I said she has nothing common with other spear users in this game. Even other characters who use same weapons had more similarities compared to Hilde-Kilik/Mina but we still had them together in one game. So she's not a threat for them because she's not a clone style but a completely different style on her own.

And about a spear user I still have my hopes on Mina even as DLC. At worst they could still give Kilik Halberd as one of his weapons (like they did in SCV with Xiba) but seeing Mina back with a solid style would be best.

Does anyone know where I can find a clip of Ivy's animation after defeating somebody with her Critical Edge?

I also registered a couple of days ago so... hey everyone! Can't wait for this game to finally come out!

Search "Soul Calibur 6 niche gamer" and there should be one in there :D

edit: I need a video with Siegfrieds critical edge defeat animation

Does anyone know where I can find a clip of Ivy's animation after defeating somebody with her Critical Edge?

I also registered a couple of days ago so... hey everyone! Can't wait for this game to finally come out!
I made this just now
0WG48Y.gif

Source

Hello, everyone, I'm new here as well.

Still no Raph to me seems like the perfect way to sell Amy as DLC. It’s just that her win poses are kind of silly to use on male characters but Raph generally isn’t good.

At least this board isn’t disturbing with Amy and Talim love. Cough Fire Emblem GameFAQs cough

I'd way rather have Raph than Amy tbh, especially if it's human Raph SC2 based, man he so classy in this game.

Also there was something funny about him in this game is that he says something in japanese when you pick him that seemed like he was saying "Oh Monsieur", which mean "Oh Sir" in English.

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll keep doing reveals every two weeks or if they'll go back to waiting for cons and tournaments. I imagine the next big multi-character reveal will be EVO but that's not until August.

I am betting Talim's CE will have the same reach and damage as Elysium's, only, visually, it will be represented by a tornado covering the entire stage... Ya heard it first right here, folks. ;D

I'm hoping they will incorporate the wind into her moves, such as longer jumps/leap attacks. Her Soul Charge could make her movement and attacks faster and provide special bonuses to her leap and dash attacks.

Not sure what her CE would be but some form of powerful wind or tornado wouldn't surprise me. I'm imagining like the enemy gets rasied in a tornado and then Talim dashes in and out in a zig zag motion or something through the tornado but that might be too offensive for her personality.

I am betting Talim's CE will have the same reach and damage as Elysium's, only, visually, it will be represented by a tornado covering the entire stage... Ya heard it first right here, folks. ;D
That would be pretty fantastic, I always loved Elysium's CE since it was so versatile, and I can imagine many uses for it in Talim's style.

Still no Raph to me seems like the perfect way to sell Amy as DLC. It’s just that her win poses are kind of silly to use on male characters but Raph generally isn’t good.
I just can't see Amy without Raphael. Her story depends on Raphael to exist. Yes, they could change it, but like I've said before, they don't seem to be changing stories at all, just taking what already exists and expanding upon it, to show the details and backstories that were either glossed over or we didn't see before. Amy would still be an orphan, she would still be adopted, it would still be Raphael who trains her how to fight, the difference would be we would actually get to see these things happen in one form or another instead of just reading about it in their bios. Raphael has to come first, or there is no Amy.

I personally don’t think Raphael would default immediately to vampiric tactics when that didn’t become a thing until like...SCIV, while this game is happening in SCI. The vampiric aspects of him seemed so tacky anyway, aside from his amazing outfit in IV. I’d rather it be referenced than actually utilized if he was appearing in SCVI.

As for Talim, she needs to have wind-based everything. I’ve already mentioned this before, but it would be awesome for her to have winds pushing the enemy closer to her during Soul Charge, similar to Rachel’s drive from BlazBlue. Her inheriting Elysium’s CE in the form of sharp, buffeting (and screen-wide) winds would be cool as well.

NO MORE VAMPIRE SHIT

Range up for Talim's SC would be pretty good, although, I'd prefer she had more range to start with (make her lunge a bit more on her attacks). Not that it would ever happen, but I'd love to see Rachel Alucard's gimmick on her... using wind to control her jumps better and draw opponents into attacks.
I agree with no silly vampire Raphael. Raphael's gimmick should be that he's the coolest character in the game.

As for Talim, she needs to have wind-based everything. I’ve already mentioned this before, but it would be awesome for her to have winds pushing the enemy closer to her during Soul Charge, similar to Rachel’s drive from BlazBlue. Her inheriting Elysium’s CE in the form of sharp, buffeting (and screen-wide) winds would be cool as well.

She won't have a problem doing that if she comes back as a machine lol.

In all seriousness (but that dream did happen) it would be nice that they do incoporate her controlling wind by pushing them towards or away from her. That would be very fun. However wouldn't that make her broken like Viola? If they go with something else they can always make her move faster or does strikes to reach her opponent faster.

Some other cool thing they could do is for the wind to prevent her from giving herself ring outs like it is impossible for Nightterror's enemies to ring him out lol.

I personally don’t think Raphael would default immediately to vampiric tactics when that didn’t become a thing until like...SCIV, while this game is happening in SCI. The vampiric aspects of him seemed so tacky anyway, aside from his amazing outfit in IV. I’d rather it be referenced than actually utilized if he was appearing in SCVI.
Raphael's malfestation was already apparent in SoulCalibur III, though in its beginning stages, he did already have vampiric tendencies, and did have his blood sucking throw. The only way it would immediately be there for his SoulCalibur VI appearance would be if his first appearance was a surprise challenger in the fight against Nightmare, stabbing Soul Edge's eye, and being promptly defeated. Then cue a cutscene of Amy nursing him back to health and then we play as him after he recovers. But given the timeline just barely reaches 1590, I very much doubt this would be the case.

Raphael's malfestation was already apparent in SoulCalibur III, though in its beginning stages, he did already have vampiric tendencies, and did have his blood sucking throw.

Did he? I thought he just rammed his spiked glove into your gut and left it there for a few seconds.

Back