Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

You can also choose the school of other guest characters! (second guest character now confirmed it seems)
Though I'm pretty sure we'll get another guest, there is no sign of plural in the Famitsu sentence, so it's just confirming Geralt's style atm ^^

Just to put it in perspective without any of the dlc from SCV there were roughly 311 (give or take 5) pieces of customization parts not counting hair (47-ish pieces+3 DLC), and there was roughly 152 pieces of DLC.

As it stands right now there was about 462 pieces of customization total in SCV and there are about 370 pieces in SCVI without the additional 100. That said some of those customization pieces are now race parts and a lot of them were equipment from characters no longer in the game or were things like pacman and tekken costumes.

Currently because of the races I imagine that there is a little bit more customization than in the last game if you add the DLC items and this is if the 370 pieces is counting unlockables. I imagine because of certain pieces being races (skeleton, animal ear characters (perhaps this beast characters will also be where we can find the various animal heads?), the elf ears, etc... It's hard to say how much new there might actually be.

Note my ability for counting is awful so it's probably off.

We also have confirmed that some customization for SCVI is already pre-order content in Japan and elsewhere so it's unlikely that the 370 is counting those and might also not include unlockable pieces.

also noticed the highest "extra parts" we see is still 3. was hoping they would have given more this time around.

well the only things they haven't showed or talked about is the traditional arcade mode. If we're talking about story modes

Has there been any news on offline modes btw? things like CPU vs CPU, team battle, ect.

well the only things they haven't showed or talked about is the traditional arcade mode. If we're talking about story modes
It could also be online mode though. Soul Chronicle seems to be a lot like arcade mode already so I'm not sure if they'll have an arcade mode...although would be cool if they did (I know they mentioned somewhere it would return but I think that was before Soul Chronicle). That said if anyone remembers the menu screen from way back it had quite a bit listed on it so it will probably start including that. Perhaps Online, Training Mode, Museum Mode, etc...

I think Soul Calibur V had less than 300 pieces, but I can't find where I got the info from, it is been so long.
I got my information after counting from the wikia. That said I'm not sure if SCV section counted returning equipment from IV or III.

thinking-face.png

Uh did anyone else just notice this; There's a new unknown game mode listed on the main website (as well as the updates for libra of the soul and create-a-soul. (Also Tira is now up)

Here

Seems to be where Famitsu got their information.
This could simply be "online mode." They've confirmed there's online play and they've shown snippets of it at Gamescom, but they haven't officially started talking about it.

I'll be very happy if it's finally a return of Team Battle mode.

Back