Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

holly fck base roster of 21 characters (assuming Inferno is not unlocked) and as we all can see there are 4 wit dots those are the DLC spots i dont know how to feel about this.

God I hope that isn't it for the base roster.
Lizardman and Hwang would then take 2 DLC slots then Tira and new guest???
Please noooo

Cassandra Setsuka Hlide Amy???

I'm so torn on that Raph. I love masquerade-style masks on paper and think one would fit him perfectly as a disgraced nobleman on the lamb. But the one in that pic just looks so bland, so normal.

Two more spots.

giphy.gif

Come on Hwang and Aeon...

Hoping Tira goes to the DLC(?) slot on the right and Inferno takes the center. Hoping against hope, maybe.

He doesn’t have a goatee, but wow at Raph’s outfit. Glasses seem random. And I knew an outfit like Octopath Traveller’s Cyrus would suit him perfectly.

Why is Mi-Na vs Voldo?

If that's fake, that would be the best made fake thing ever and Bamco should hire that fake guy to SC6 team.

No way it's fake right???

Cervantes looking badass as hell, and Raphael damn classy, and the sunglasses really works well from the first look

Yeah i agree, it looks fucking real, the art and the slots if this guy could be a possible troll then it would be the best one. this leak looks like just the Ezio one back on SCV

What intrigues me the most is that Azwel occupies the slot right next to Nightmare, while the slot directly across from him is still empty. That entire top row is filled with the most nitty-gritty, good/neutral/evil characters we've seen yet, so I wonder who the hell has the honor of being directly in contention with Azwel.

Tira's battle director comment has me even more interested in her. Already enjoyed her, but with the way they're doing things, I wonder how different the technically 2 different fighting styles will be between her personalities. For that matter, I remember something on a SC page saying something about awakening a true personality? I wonder if that means it's a random chance or a way to force entry into a 3rd personality with its own unique moves and such by the way that sounds. Couldn't be more curious to learn her than I am now.

The need for this game and to learn more about everyone grows ever stronger by the day.

My first thought is that would just be her Soul Charge.

If this thing is real, I really hope those silver spots are unlockables, because it looks really sketchy to have two slots just missing from the main selection. There are a few minor things that I can see that would point to being fake, but that's all dependent on a bunch of circumstancial stuff. But damn, that honestly looks like it might be legit. At the same time, if they're showing those two in game, that means we would have to get a reveal for those two like tomorrow or sunday right? At the same time thought I'm still skeptical. Should have seen how much effort the person who faked Rayman in smash did.

I don't think this is fake solely because the images show no obvious signs of manipulation and the artwork in the vignettes match the general style they've used so far.

Cervantes' look is a little too recycled for my taste. They seem to have taken a lot of inspiration from his SCII 1p. It's unlikely, but I'd love to have his braids from his SCII 2p in CaS.

I actually like Raphael's design this time around, though. For a Bourbon era Frenchman, his designs were relatively subdued in the past. I know he was supposed to be in hiding but PS has made a point to do kind of on-the-nose designs regardless of canon. Sophitia has her Classical era-inspired armor/garb, Setsuka with her geisha influences, Cervantes with his giant pirate hats -- I could go on forever.

Also, the dots may just be placeholders. That could just be a promotional build and they don't plan on having two of those slots revealed before the build is showcased.

I have a strong feeling Tira will occupy the slot directly next to Taki, while Season Pass Character #1 and #2 will take the slots next to the CaS (?) and Random slots. Whoever is directly across from Azwel might be another boss character that may or may not be Inferno (probably not, but all bets are off).

Well I'll be darned. Feels surreal to finally have the base roster confirmed (probably)

I have to imagine that the 4 blank spots are for the 4 DLC characters planned for the season pass, right?

Back