Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Not long now! 😃😃😃

1539856448234.jpg

Well, it happened again. Olcadan called me while drunk and started blabbering about some kind of SC6 news happening. The previous trailer wasn't actually a proper launch trailer (it was just the TGS trailer poorly re-done in English), so maybe this time it's gonna be the launch trailer. Or who knows, maybe they'll finally announce Dampierre as DLC character!?!?

What do you mean? I think it had more views than other fighters, and I don't recall SCV having as much hype (not surprising there).
The only hype I remember was that it played faster than 4. Oh and it had Ezio, I just remembered that. Really wasn't a whole lot.

Every second is so long actually. Playing Hand of fate in the meantime, i was wondering/dreaming wouldn't it be amazing a sub-mode similar to Hand of fate in Soul Calibur world ?

Wow, jv.com (a "famous" french website) released their review.
They said that SC6's graphics were between "passable et vraiment mauvais", which means between "decent and really bad", what the hell lmao? http://www.jeuxvideo.com/test/940563/soulcalibur-vi-le-retour-en-fanfare.htm

They detail their opinion this way :

"Car si dans l’ensemble, les personnages sont plutôt jolis, on ne peut pas en dire de même des différentes arènes du jeu. Certaines sont plutôt réussies et proposent bien la richesse susmentionnée, tandis que d’autres sont tellement simplistes qu’on les dirait tout droit sorties d’un éditeur de niveau… sur lequel il resterait encore tout à faire. On pense ici à des rings comme Ruines désertiques enfouies ou Plaine des bourrasques, en gros un désert aride et une prairie verdoyante. Cela manque de folie, de détails, d’habillage. Et à vrai dire, même les plus jolies arènes manquent de personnalité. "

"Overall, characters look quite nice, but the same can't be said about the arenas. Some are quite well realized and detailed, others are so simplistic that it's like they come straight from a level editor... and would still need a lot of work. We think here about Desert ruins or Winds plain, basically an arid desert and a green plain. It lacks madness, details, dressing. And to be honest, even the prettiest arenas lack personality."

I think they mean that we miss for example the animated stages, moving work platform, rotating clock, walking armors, raft on water, etc.
And more detailed backgrounds like for example the boss stage of Soul Calibur 6 that they don't criticize, the one with floating ruins.
But hey 16/20 is not a bad rating, it's actually a good rating, even on Jv.com that tends to overrate.

Last edited:
Back