Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I knew I wasn't crazy. So 2B doesn't have a "real 2p" either, and the Kainé outfit is CaS gear. I didn't quite think the glimpse of white 2B looked like Kainé.

Yeah but the Kainé outfit is worn by what looks like 2B.

So either 2B is customisable with just that outfit, or with other CaS parts too.

Or... 2B's style and hair are available for CaS, and we are seeing a 2B-inspired CaS with Kainé outfit (highly unlikely).

Just my two cents: Were people honestly expecting them to bring back every single character in SC6? Narrative-wise, Cassandra doesn't have much a reason to fight, Algol doesn't reappear until much later with the tower, Amy literally just started learning to fight, we're not sure where Hilde is in regard to Wolfkrone, like if she's on the throne to succeed her mad father (if that even happened yet), and we're not sure how they're going to re-purpose Setsuka to fight Mitsu. Setsuka's story always felt weak to me, since it's just revenge on a relatively minor character lore-wise. I'm not trying to silence anyone, but I went into SC6, knowing not every veteran will make it in. tbh, I don't have much desire to speculate and stress myself out to know who the next guests or veterans are. The game's already out and I'd rather play that.

If there's one thing about 2B's announcement that I dislike is that's all there was. No mention on the dlc costumes, as the creator needs more stuff was a letdown imo.
with the existence of talims and zass story in chronicles this holds no merit, she's younger than amy or around the same age
her story takes place years after the main story
cassandras could too
hildes could too
yuns could too
setsuka too

these people just didn't start existing when they showed up in the series.

about the only one who can't is Algol though you could get a pre-timeline story much like zas where he doesn't even fight anyone

you're also saying this when literally we are getting a character from a future so distant that it makes no god damn sense and remember all guest characters are canon

Is it just me or is the way the trailer is cut and presented almost weirdly suggesting that 2B IS Ivy, but in the future?

"Where will Ivy's cursed blood lead her?"
*date speeds up to future*
Ivy: "My old life is dead to me...."
*Ivy standing in 2B's stage*
*Camera cut replaces Ivy with 2B*

Of course then 2B also drops down from the sky and they start fighting but until that point I was seriously like "wtf are they implying here?"

Probably just me being loony as usual though.

I don't think 2B is meant to get anyone new to purchase the game there's not going to be too many people that buy it just because she is in...this is most likely to convince the people on the fence about the season pass to pick that up. (Likely a good call considering how many CaS 2B's I've seen online)

I do find it encouraging that the game has a higher metacritic and opencritic than Tekken 7 and bandai namco will likely notice this especially if the game was made with a smaller budget than Tekken 7.

Thanks to the portals confirmed for the game any character from any time can travel anywhere or enter the soulcalibur universe. The portals were a great addition to explain the presence of guest characters regardless of who they are.

Is it just me or is the way the trailer is cut and presented almost weirdly suggesting that 2B IS Ivy, but in the future?

"Where will Ivy's cursed blood lead her?"
*date speeds up to future*
Ivy: "My old life is dead to me...."
*Ivy standing in 2B's stage*
*Camera cut replaces Ivy with 2B*

Of course then 2B also drops down from the sky and they start fighting but until that point I was seriously like "wtf are they implying here?"

Probably just me being loony as usual though.
To me it's just a confirmation that Ivy is immortal and has been spending 10000 years on earth.

Hopefully she has washed her outfit a couple of times...

2B looks pretty cool judging by the trailer. I was one of those that were sceptical about her potential inclusion, but she seems kinda interesting gameplay-wise (though I'm a little worried about ranged attacks with Pod 042) . Also there being an arena, OST and CaS parts with her is great (if her style is CaS-able it's even better)!
Of all things to be salty about for me it's... the arena. Yes it's great that we get a new one, but it's just an open wall-less square, it's kinda boring.

Last edited:
with the existence of talims and zass story in chronicles this holds no merit, she's younger than amy or around the same age
her story takes place years after the main story
cassandras could too
hildes could too
yuns could too
setsuka too

these people just didn't start existing when they showed up in the series.

about the only one who can't is Algol though you could get a pre-timeline story much like zas where he doesn't even fight anyone

you're also saying this when literally we are getting a character from a future so distant that it makes no god damn sense and remember all guest characters are canon
Just because we're getting a character from the future, doesn't mean they still don't prioritize following the story. Clearly the story was the big indicator of who comes and goes in the roster.

I'm happy they brought in another female to balance out the sausage fest, although I'd rather have Amy. Still think Hunter from BB would have been the optimal GC. They could have used Ludwig's boss battle theme as stage music.

When it kicks in at 0:35. Hot damn, would've been great.

Still think Hunter from BB would have been the optimal GC
A character from BB would've been awesome, but BB belongs to Sony, so won't happen unless console-exclusive which would be pretty terrible to be honest (even though it won't affect me personally, I think that having exclusive games - fine, but having exclusive characters/other_content in a multiplatform game - pure cancer).
Also in regards to characters we most probably won't get all veterans back though DLC, dunno why anybody would expect that. They need to save some stuff for SCVII.

Imagine Bloodborne character with Yharnam stage or Setsuka stage from older games !!!

bruh. my body is so ready 1540666400673.png

Seems ridiculous to me that any Soulcalibur character should be excluded on the basis of timelines when a technological android makes the roster, guest or not.
Surely, you can see reason that guests don't have to play by the rules so much as the main cast, no? We're not gonna have Z.W.E.I. and Viola pop in through a portal and say hi to Grøh and Amy, that would just be ridiculous. They're not going to burn that bridge after going so far to preserve the original timeline in everything that we've seen thus far in Soul Chronicle and Libra of Soul.

^ This.

Also, we are talking about a guest from 10000 years in the future. The next one to tell me that "timeline matters" I'm gonna RO them from the solar system :D
I guess I'm your next target. -prepares to Raphael parry you and put you down gently to the best of her ability-

^ This.

Also, we are talking about a guest from 10000 years in the future. The next one to tell me that "timeline matters" I'm gonna RO them from the solar system :D

It doesnt really matter if they have some time traveling excuse or whatever other nonsense to explain it. Further DLCs dont even need real story involvement. It just makes sense simply on the basis that within a short couple years so-and-so character will be involved anyway and people want said character.

Back