Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

chill-pill.jpg
No thanks, i don't need your pills, just save em for yourself in case! lol

Just look at popular well designed beautiful original character Setsuka.
View attachment 53041
Look at popular well designed beautiful original character Cassandra.
View attachment 53042
...and now look at this horrible designed blind cyborg trash guest character.
View attachment 53043
Who asked 2b? Is there a poll in which *she* (she? or it's he?) was number 1? It's worst guest character in SC franchise. Thanks that this crap is not in base roster so i can ignore this character.

Not if you play online you can't.

You know I do hope there's options to ban matchups of 2B and her stage from the player's end.

Last edited:
With all the complaining on here, you'd think there wasn't a game already released to play :p Let people be happy about 2B. She was constantly requested, even by Kayane herself. Ironically, Geralt didn't receive any of the hate she's getting. Having played both Gestalt and Automata, I can't deny I was a bit happy with their choice.

As far as 2B being in the game as a character, it's nowhere near offensive. Its shows that Project Soul actually listened to people's requests and can give them what they want [Talim was already proof of that]. They're really trying with her too, given all her extra content and tying a connection between her and Ivy. Design-wise, she still works. Her french outfit and human appearance makes her fit very well in SoulCalibur. The only things that are "out of place" is the pod and the stage. I would've like her without the pod, but we'll see how it's used with her moveset. I also would've preferred Kaine over her as a guest, but we're getting her outfit, too, so I can't complain. This will no doubt bring in more sales, which SoulCalibur 6 really needs to survive for another sequel.

I still think she fits SC far better than StarWars. Excluding the pod, her main weapons are more practical, than light sabers. Despite her stage being in a city, it's relatively peaceful and in ruins, without much distractions. The idea of fighting in a ruined environment can work for SoulCalibur. Compare that to the chaotic spaceships, lasers flying everywhere, the StarWars music, floating platforms, and tiny green aliens StarWars offered. There was way too much shit happening in those stages. Her stage is also an improvement from Ezio's, which was a huge letdown

As far as her being released "over more important characters," it what difference does it make if she was revealed sooner or later? The roster was already decided and not every veteran character is going to be in the game. Chill out about it.

Last edited:
With all the complaining on here, you'd think there wasn't a game already released to play :p Let people be happy about 2B. She was constantly requested, even by Kayane herself. Ironically, Geralt didn't receive any of the hate she's getting. Having played both Gestalt and Automata, I can't deny I was a bit happy with their choice.

As far as 2B being in the game as a character, it's nowhere near offensive. Its shows that Project Soul actually listened to people's requests and can give them what they want [Talim was already proof of that]. They're really trying with her too, given all her extra content and tying a connection between her and Ivy. Design-wise, she still works. Her french outfit and human appearance makes her fit very well in SoulCalibur. The only things that are "out of place" is the pod and the stage. I would've like her without the pod, but we'll see how it's used with her moveset. I would've preferred Kaine over her as a guest, but we're getting her outfit, too, so I can't complain. This will no doubt bring in more sales, which SoulCalibur 6 really needs to survive for another sequel.

I still think she fits SC far better than StarWars. Excluding the pod, her main weapons make a lot more sense than light sabers. Despite her stage being in a city, it's relatively peaceful and in ruins, without much distractions. The idea of fighting in a ruined environment can work for SoulCalibur, Compare that to the chaotic spaceships, lasers flying everywhere, the StarWars music, floating platforms, and tiny green aliens StarWars offered. There was way too much shit happening in those stages. Her stage is also an improvement from Ezio's, which was a huge letdown

As far as her being released "over more important characters," it what difference does it make if she was revealed sooner or later? The roster was already decided and no every veteran character is going to be in the game. Chill out about it.

My only problem with 2B is how people bombarded Okubo's personal Twitter for her. That's not okay, ever.

My only problem with 2B is how people bombarded Okubo's personal Twitter for her. That's not okay, ever.
Kayane said they told her they had been working on the deal for rights to the character before she even asked him about it in an interview. This has probably been planned long before people started bombarding twitter.

And even if it wasn't, literally every tweet Okubo makes gets bombarded with "Where's Setsuka?" and "Cassandra when?" so...

I agree. the existing CAS part selection isn't exactly anything to crow about. and I do want that 2B dress for my CAS.

plus, if you can make it white for her alt look, then that means technically it's editable.

Tira's costume parts were available in CAS, so I'd like to think future DLC characters will follow that trend.

the only difference, though, is that 2B is a guest character and not a SC character like Tira. so, the only issue I can think of is some kind of licensing issue where Square Enix may not want 2B's default costume to be used with other characters.

I think folks will get a lot of leeway with everything considering that 2B's costume is available in Phantasy Star Online 2. There was a Nier Automata collaboration. I don't think the creators care too much.
df75a1_6204238.jpg

"personal twitter" lol that's his fault for using it to talk about work stuff. Most people reply to tweets by saying stuff related to the original tweet. If he's talking about food or something and someone brings it up then sure I agree with you but if he's talking a SC he would be crazy not to expect people to talk about it with him. I don't even want to talk about the fact that his twitter was better for SC info then the official twitter was

But there is a good amount of people that dont particularly like 2B or like her but just dont like her in SC. They could have went with a less popular guest that wasnt so polarizing. Perhaps a lot of people who prefer 2B would have also purchased a different guest that doesnt annoy a good chunk of people.

Was that really a good business decision? I dont think Youtube and Twitter demands automatically amount to a game sale and season pass. That is promise of a $90.00 purchase with nothing to go on but random comments claiming the intent to do so.

"personal twitter" lol that's his fault for using it to talk about work stuff. Most people reply to tweets by saying stuff related to the original tweet. If he's talking about food or something and someone brings it up then sure I agree with you but if he's talking a SC he would be crazy not to expect people to talk about it with him. I don't even want to talk about the fact that his twitter was better for SC info then the official twitter was

can agree on that his tweeter was more informative in some ways than the official one.

Kayane said they told her they had been working on the deal for rights to the character before she even asked him about it in an interview. This has probably been planned long before people started bombarding twitter.

And even if it wasn't, literally every tweet Okubo makes gets bombarded with "Where's Setsuka?" and "Cassandra when?" so...

And none of those are okay either. It's bad behavior. You don't pester people on Twitter.

can agree on that his tweeter was more informative in some ways than the official one.
Idk I mostly feel like saying something on his twitter isn't a big deal since the official SC one tags him in all their tweets anyways. I mean if it's going to him either way I find it hard for me to care ware I put it, but I also don't pester people on twitter so what do I know

Back