Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Yes, naturally, but to the extent that there is only on average FIVE casual rooms available for several hours on a friday night? Jesus. I thought this game was more popular than this.

Not to be that Negative Nancy, but we should already have been aware that SCVI would be overshadowed pretty quickly by something like SSBU, especially in the wake of things such as the recent T7 announcements and the lack of any updates to the game on our side.

It's a bit shocking that everyday it seems like everyone is finding new bugs in the game, though I suspect this might be why it's taking them so long to roll out the big balance patch.

Not to be that Negative Nancy, but we should already have been aware that SCVI would be overshadowed pretty quickly by something like SSBU, especially in the wake of things such as the recent T7 announcements and the lack of any updates to the game on our side.
Overshadowed is one thing, but completely killed is another... Getting 3 rooms at the moment. Seriosuly, man? It's literally 10-20 players for the whole of Europe. I'd call that absurd.

What Namco should for SC6:

- Announce Soul Calibur World Tour.
- Remove CaS from Rank (CF. Removing/Not allowing only fully created character, not customized original SC characters), or they can include a second Rank Mode called CaS Rank or something and the other one would be Normal Rank.
Sounds stupid to even have a 2nd rank mode bro. I'm fine with using cas in rank, thats like the only mode I fight in. Take away cas from it then cas would be useless.

Sounds stupid to even have a 2nd rank mode bro. I'm fine with using cas in rank, thats like the only mode I fight in. Take away cas from it then cas would be useless.

Casual rooms are a thing. If anything, let them add a casual matchmaking mode.

You sure you want to have that mentality? Remember which game is an esports title--with an actual huge scene behind it--and which one is niche.
I don’t care for the mass IP horde if I’m honest.
I dare smash to actually build its roster from an original concept....

Tekken and street fighter are pretty popular too on the fighting game circuit so...

As for the player based you can blame Namco’s shitty community management.
And Soul Calibur isn’t the only game that has suffered this treatment T7 and DBFZ suffered as well.

They should communicate with fans much better than they have been doing, even about things that aren’t going according to plan.
Leaving people in the dark will force people to leave the game on the shelf.

Seriously the long awaited announcements about up and coming announcements is just stupid especially when it’s as basic as getting the game to work.

Namco have no one to blame but themselves.

For me, I want them to fix the casual match bugs before I bother playing with anyone but friends.

Edit: Off topic, but I just saw a Street Fighter V video...correct me if I'm wrong, but they straight up copied Viola's gimmick.

Last edited:
*the generic reminder to support your local SC scene, reminded me that there is no SC scene where i live*

This ^

Casual's also just a really badly designed mode. Nobody wants to just sit around for an hour between matches watching other people fight. There's zero reason to play it against randoms instead of ranked.

I disagree. I like the way casual lobbies are set up. It's fun to try to hold down a win streak with various playstyles in a room and then kind of study your opponents in the down time or even just take a break while you're waiting. What I really don't like is waiting 15 minutes for my turn just to get a network error and lose my spot in rotation.

Whoa there's 2 of them, ok aksys does blazblue games wait both of them do blazblue and the others. Someone should change there name so similar.
No, Aksys releases the games in the US in English (or rather, used to). ASW does most of the work for that, however, there's now a US branch on ASW, so any future BB stuff will now be in their hands.

Off topic, but I just saw a Street Fighter V video...correct me if I'm wrong, but they straight up copied Viola's gimmick.
Welcome to a year back ago, and you're noticing this now?

i don’t understand why they couldn’t just release a dlc cas pack in the meantime.. the wait for just one character is lame imo. Oh well, there must be a good reason behind it.

Because it's stupid to have 2 different rank modes.

Well, we had two in SC4, don´t know if worked well, I just played the regular.

Yet, I also dislike the idea of two ranked, honestly the CaS doesn´t bother me.

Well, we had two in SC4, don´t know if worked well, I just played the regular.

Yet, I also dislike the idea of two ranked, honestly the CaS doesn´t bother me.
I’m not a fan of it either Why is it so difficult to just add a toggle option for “fight created characters Yes - No”

No banning characters
No two ranked modes

Just a toggle option just like connection bars, language, preferred side etc.

Never understood the purge-like mentality

Back