Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

So I took another crack at online today... ugh.. It's soo laggy on ps4. My internet download speed is 106 mbps and upload is 5.9. Is that shitty? I have the ps4 hardlined into the router and I have spectrum high speed. It's the only thing available where I live.

Might have to get the PC version but I have no gaming PC just this old crappy laptop.

So I took another crack at online today... ugh.. It's soo laggy on ps4. My internet download speed is 106 mbps and upload is 5.9. Is that shitty? I have the ps4 hardlined into the router and I have spectrum high speed. It's the only thing available where I live.

Might have to get the PC version but I have no gaming PC just this old crappy laptop.
It's even laggy on the PS4 pro urgh....

I've personally never experienced lag with this game. Well, of coarse unless it's with a one or two bar connection. The only issue i have is the way the battle gets terminated if someone leaves the session. But thankfully that looks like it'll be fixed in two days. Other than that, i'm loving the online experience. Just wish they'd have a normal chat instead of this reserved messages bullcrap -_-

I'm just baffled at how inconsistent the difficulty is on legendary VS. Fighting Ivy is a joke; no real offensive at all and sometimes she just freezes as if she's glitching. Kilik is some sort of god-like monstrosity against Mina but super easy against Siegfried. It's not my imagination either, the difference in aggression level and defensive capabilities is clearly visible between character changes.

I've personally never experienced lag with this game. Well, of coarse unless it's with a one or two bar connection. The only issue i have is the way the battle gets terminated if someone leaves the session. But thankfully that looks like it'll be fixed in two days. Other than that, i'm loving the online experience. Just wish they'd have a normal chat instead of this reserved messages bullcrap -_-
No more funny screenshots you can take when someone pulls the cord on you.

So Tekken is on next, I wonder if they are going to show more pools? SC6 semi finals are on at 8pm Philadelphia/1am UK.

Heads up for future tournaments.

Defend the North.jpg

Winter 3d Brawl.jpg

Anyone met "XxMASSOUDxX", Nightmare player? I can without hesitation claim he's the best/cheapest (take your pick) Nightmare in the world. If this was on PC I'd be convinced he was an elaborate bot.

In terms of lag, one of the most annoying things is the offline lag. We have a game which is not hardware intensive by any stretch of the imagination which has glitchy inconsistent loading and at times it just seems like the console is struggling to load basic things and almost freezing. The black loading screen logo in the bottom left often freezes up while loading things. I just don't get it, even previous gen consoles didn't run games this way. With all the power available in this current gen and we have a game running this badly, how come? And I'm on ps4 Pro too.

It doesn't render the game unplayable but everything should be polished and run smoothly in all versions but instead it just seems like the game has been poorly programmed. I really hope future patches iron this out.

Since the first patch for me the character select screen loads in laggy cutting off "welcome to the stage of history" so that all you catch is "...elcome to the stage of history" It's things like this that shouldn't be happening in this day and age on current gen.

I'm just baffled at how inconsistent the difficulty is on legendary VS. Fighting Ivy is a joke; no real offensive at all and sometimes she just freezes as if she's glitching. Kilik is some sort of god-like monstrosity against Mina but super easy against Siegfried. It's not my imagination either, the difference in aggression level and defensive capabilities is clearly visible between character changes.
Funny thing happened the other day in vs legendary. I was fighting azwel, and he whiffed a sword move, after my punish and he got up, he backed up really far and started just GI'ing over and over at nothing. It's like the computer freaked out and had a malfunction lol

Back