Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

Are we sure it's a reference to their relative bust sizes? It might just be a reference to the fact that Ivy has a foot and a half in height over Mina, and says pretty confidently that she's going to enjoy whipping her about. Couldn't it just be Seong-Mina saying "don't get cocky"? Or is there extra context that I am missing that seals the deal that this a boob joke?
It’s certainly possible that it might not be a boob joke, considering the fact that it’s not like Mi-ha is actually very small in the bust department herself, but she’s still a far cry from Ivy in either bust or height or even muscle mass or anything else in general. Viewer’s choice, I suppose, but it works in either context. If it’s a boob joke, it’s more about mocking Ivy’s ridiculousness more than anything else (like the cheeky question about her outfit you can ask in Libra of Soul), but if it’s not, then yes, it’s befitting Mi-na’s cocky and brash behavior.

Perhaps it's mostly the matter of how I remembered that. I do not mind those things on their own but something made me remember Mina as a strong character and SCVI making her obsessed over Ivy's breasts. Now I think both those memories are incorrect at least partially. Will need to revisit her story I think
I actually have the same impression. Dante may very well be correct about the antics being faithful to previous lore, but insofar as how Mina is presented, I definitely remember her coming off as more mature in SE-SCIII; I feel that they've retconned her age somewhat, or at least her apparent age.
I won’t say she doesn’t come across as a bit more naïve in this game, because she certainly does, but it’s more along the lines of this being relatively early in her experience, I think, than anything else. She’s more in her rebellious phase here, between SoulBlade and SoulCalibur II, than she wises up a bit by the time SoulCalibur III and SoulCalibur IV happen. Though even then, SoulCalibur III Mi-na has her mocking Hwang’s “I shall conquer... the evils of the ages!” line, as well as her victory quote “Want me to teach you... how to use that sword? Hehe.”, so it’s not like she’s not without childish play and mannerisms.

It's just like with the pirate jacket - in of itself it would be a great item but the fact that they force us to use that ridiculuos bra is baffling. Especially since it doesnt seem like a lot of work to dettatch bra, make it a seperate item and then we would have one more item.
Which may be more a failing of the creation system itself, but it doesn’t seem unreasonable at all that more parts in general shouldn’t be able to be taken apart and repurposed. Again, budget restraints, maybe, but I’m not entirely sure.

Edit: Typo fix.

Last edited:
I wasn't saying that it was an especially direct link but I was mostly trying to point out themes that exist within the cultural zeitgeist that we are subconsciously aware of. I don't think anyone stated most of these things out loud back in 1995, but these sorts of ideas are very much silently present in historical and modern media and they have become synonymous with a lot of artistic tropes.

I wasn't saying that it was an especially direct link but I was mostly trying to point out themes that exist within the cultural zeitgeist that we are subconsciously aware of. I don't think anyone stated most of these things out loud back in 1995, but these sorts of ideas are very much silently present in historical and modern media and they have become synonymous with a lot of artistic tropes.
Yeah, that's true. Indeed, it's long been known that seeing the whites of an eye is a near universal psychological trigger for anxiety, since, for most of human evolution, this was one of the few reliable indications of aggression in an enemy or panic in an ally, both of which you needed to pay close attention to during the 150,000 years that humans lived as isolated groups of hunter gatherers before the historical era. So it should come as no surprise that sticking an eyeball on some organic nasty looking thing (especially when it darts around the way that eye does sometimes) would make for a creepy effect. But I still say, if we put ourselves into Soulcalibur verse, Soul Edge made a tactical blunder growing that eye. :) I mean, can permanent motion sickness, a massive weak-spot, and always having to deal with getting blood in your one giant eye really be worth looking a bit more intimidating. I think it was a mistake. ;)

Last edited:
Technically speaking, Soul Calibur should have the same kind of weakness in the crystal orb core, which was relatively covered in Xianghua's and Nightmare's versions, but relatively exposed in both of Siegfried's versions. No one thought to poke it, though, apparently. while Soul Edge keeps getting eye gouged.

I guess Elysium figured out this problem, though, because both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge in SoulCalibur V don't have this issue.

I wish we had gotten the sc5 costumes...I really wanted Hildes 2p and Pyrrhas 2p braid
Let's hope that if they do a season 2 we'll get some kind of standalone CaS DLC. Aside from the essential generic parts still missing I desperately want Hilde's 1p and 2p, Viola's 2p (especially that veil and hair), Pyrrha's 2p (the crown of thorns and skirt are perfect for Sophitia alts), and Elysium's 2p costumes as well as the majority of the male cast's. At first it seemed the female CaS parts were lacking but now I feel so completely uninspired by the tiny pool of menswear we have access to.

I would be ultra-surprised if we got any of the planned but not released DLC from SoulCalibur V in SoulCalibur VI. Pleasantly so, but I'd really not expect it.

Mina's bra don't make me more uncomfortable than this
utghb.png

If her dress had opening on one side of the legs, just like the Chinese dresses, okay, but in the middle, showing the underwear !!! they destroyed this outfit in my opinion.

Technically speaking, Soul Calibur should have the same kind of weakness in the crystal orb core, which was relatively covered in Xianghua's and Nightmare's versions, but relatively exposed in both of Siegfried's versions. No one thought to poke it, though, apparently. while Soul Edge keeps getting eye gouged.

I guess Elysium figured out this problem, though, because both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge in SoulCalibur V don't have this issue.
I’m pretty sure the Soul Calibur sphere core is the same weakness as the eye is for Soul Edge, regardless of it’s form. As in Cassandra’s Ending in 4, when the core emanates a minor pulsing glow when the sword communicates with her. While in Sophitia’s Ending the eye in Soul Edge has a fiery light when communicating with her azwel.

SCV Ivy design was too good. Too bad her in-game model was fat so it prevent it to be her best version.

Also I already miss so much her face model from sc6 trailer, she looks perfect outside of her breasts size that was a litlle over exaggerate and looked younger which make sens for sc6. She looks perfect now still but that change was weird and unnecessary, I wonder if they made this change because of some weird ass feedback they got or just by themselves. But anyway.

Because Tekken 7 has vertical tracking moves I think, its why its stiff and terrible movement just doesn't really add in my opinion.
I believe in T7 you have to step just after a move has started to evade its tracking? Or you at least need to time it specifically and with how stiff it is to move in Tekken and added lag is actually quite a terrible system at least for a lot of online players.
At least in SC you can confidently hold up direction and know that at some point your character will definitely go, in Tekken its just mashing to get that sidestep working.

I've played with too much lag on there to respect any form of lag on Tekken.

This is why I’ve struggled to really get into the game since T6.
The game is unnecessarily complicated with its basics (and a lot of its hard core following look down on other games because of it) but that’s not a good thing.

What irritates me the most is how it breaks its own rules.
Like a right sided Kazuya is always at a disadvantage, Xiaoyu can tech mids, Korean back dash is a fundamental, Zafina was minus on hit for a lot of her command list without anything substantial to counteract that.
And the death combos are cheap.

And I not opposed to combos at all as Soulcalibur has the type of combos that scale on the amount of hits or health of the opponent, and don’t go on forever.
And stun combos just look WAY WAY better than tapping someone’s big toe

GRØH
He’s grown on me I’m still not a fully convinced on him as a character.
As for weapon I really like but wish it was fleshed out a little more.
I don’t really care for the practicality of it as long as it isn’t Super magical like Azwel and and that stupid dude from 4. (Oh yeah Algol)
Sanada Nobuyuki from Sengoku Musou 4 and Thanos from Avengers had the same weapon so I’ve seen it in action and I’m for it.

CASSANDRA.
Is that why she’s late!!! She’s coming with the last place holder stage?
And does this mean Both DLC stages will be available on ranked because paying for something you can only partially use because it hasn’t been fix is actually getting annoying now.

SOCIAL MEDIA.
People are getting real fed up of the waiting game and no communication.
I follow SC6 on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and it’s the exact same thing.

‘It’s been 4 months, what’s going on with DLC’
They really need to sort it out.

CASSANDRA.
Is that why she’s late!!! She’s coming with the last place holder stage?
And does this mean Both DLC stages will be available on ranked because paying for something you can only partially use because it hasn’t been fix is actually getting annoying now.
This would just be speculation at best. There haven't been any hints that she'll be coming with a stage, and even if she did, what stage would it be? Greece is already covered stage-wise, and her story on the timeline of 1583-1590 wouldn't have her anywhere else other than Greece, because she doesn't journey for the first time until SoulCalibur II, which SoulCalibur VI's story leads up to but doesn't start. 2B's stage isn't on ranked because it introduces performance issues, apparently. So unless any additional stage was less technical (no background animations, I guess), then it's not likely it would go on ranked either.

Now it's safe to say that if season 2 is planned it won't be reveal at Evo. It will be all Cassandra, and maybe they will announce SC world tour too?

Around 3 more days until Cassandra or nothing! :sc4cas1: :5::sc2yos2:

But World Tour, if it's going to happen, seems a safe bet to be announced at EVO, yeah. I'm still expecting some news at Tokyo Battle Stage on the 21st.

SCV Ivy design was too good

Ivy's iconic bondage attire is a good design of hers (her SC4 design is trash though with all those thin straps built in it, god I fucking hate that outfit) but I've always felt her more modest outfits were the superior ones. Her red dress from SC2 is still my favourite outfit of hers and I yearn for it's return in a modern Calibur game.

Back