Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

There's another factor that argues for it: this is the day that launches the holiday gift buying season in earnest. Now most people do not buy DLC as gifts, as it is difficult to gift it on most platforms, so if you want to hit the holiday season at all, you want to catch people before they have exhausted their money reserves on presents. And then anybody who does get the base game as a gift can also be tempted by the easy availability of the DLC content once they receive the game.
Maybe that's also their line of thinking with allowing SC6 to be available for dirt cheap via Humble Bundle Monthly on PC (an offer which is available until the 6th of December). They're probably hoping those people will get interested in the DLC.

Agree to disagree on this point I suppose. I'd much rather have Hwang and Li Long (and Olcadan) than Hilde and Algol.
It all comes to personal taste i guess.
You could recolor 1p and 2p outfits in SoulCalibur III already, though. SoulCalibur IV added the ability to actually customize characters beyond just colors.
You could but it was much better in SCIV. I guess it has to do with the graphics but it felt way better and more fun in that game.
Mostly agree, but SoulCalibur V did fix those things. Kinda jacked the roster, sure, but I'd really like to see SoulCalibur III: Arcade Edition with SoulCalibur V's online, if we're speaking in wishes and hypotheticals.
SCV fixed the speed but ruined about everything else. It didn't have much lag but on PSN it was awful at times. The game would discconect a lot.

Lol all these petitions. I highly doubt the petition made for Hilde had anything to do with her inclusion. The decisions were made months back.
I wouldn't mind seeing Z.W.E.I. back though, i'll sign it regardless.
tenor.gif

Hey guys, any fans of ZWEI wanna see him in SC6? we have made a petition and please sign it if you would like him as DLC if not in Season 2 but for a possible hopeful Season3 :) http://chng.it/rVBGpwLNmY

I see what your doing. I honestly don't think a 3 month old petition convinced Project Soul to include Hilde in SCVI S2. Hilde had good popularlity before hand, was the only SCIV character in Lost Swords, & is one of the many unique styles not in SCVI yet. Again, I'm sorry for focusing too much on the Steam Datamine. I just didn't like Hilde being busted in SCIV or OP in SCV 1.02 with the C2B buff. I honestly think Hilde might be fine, but I have wait for SCVI S2 to be sure. People complaining about Hilde's boob armor is silly. The golden is fine. I always liked Hilde's musketeer outfit in SCV.

hilOOart2.jpg

Last edited:
I see what your doing. I honestly don't think a 3 month old petition convinced Project Soul to include Hilde in SCVI S2. Hilde had good popularlity before hand, was the only SCIV character in Lost Swords, & is one of the many unique styles not in SCVI yet. Again, I'm sorry for focusing too much on the Steam Datamine. I just didn't Hilde being busted in SCIV or OP in SCV 1.02 with the C2B buff. I honestly think Hilde might be fine, but I have wait for SCVI S2 to be sure. People complaining about Hilde's boob armor is silly. The golden is fine. I always liked Hilde's musketeer outfit in SCV.

Fully agree with you, Hlide was clearly already chosen just hoping to plant seeds for a future season. If magically ZWEI is in Season 2 Im not gonna be saying I had anything to do with it haha

I'm pretty sure all the characters for the current season pass was set in stone many months ago, so at best, a petition might help convince Namco what characters to add to the next season pass (if there is one). But even then, I dunno how much the development team pays attention to petition, polls, forum posts, and such.

Hilde is born on August 13th (8/13). She might be released on November 28th (11/28).

11 + 28 = 39

I take 8 out of 39 and place it somewhere in front of a slash.

I then switch the remaining numbers, giving 13 and I place it after the random slash.

COINCIDENTALLY that makes 8/13.

IT'S WRITTEN IN DESTINY, OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!

EDIT: EVEN BETTER!

Hilde's original DoB: 13th August 1573. 1+3+8+1+5+7+3 = 28.

I TOLD YOU IT'S EVERYWHEEEEEERE!!!

Nope, the German word for Thanksgiving is "Erntedankfest", and that was on the first Sunday of October. Sorry...
Lol thanks for enlightening me. After poking around on google, it appears the Erntekrone is just a harvest-themed crown. :p But Hilde wears a crown in this game, tHeReFoRe iT's StiLL a SiGn!!!!!!!!

Lol all these petitions. I highly doubt the petition made for Hilde had anything to do with her inclusion. The decisions were made months back.
I wouldn't mind seeing Z.W.E.I. back though, i'll sign it regardless.
tenor.gif
Back when E.I.N. had a set of legs.

I'm pretty sure all the characters for the current season pass was set in stone many months ago, so at best, a petition might help convince Namco what characters to add to the next season pass (if there is one). But even then, I dunno how much the development team pays attention to petition, polls, forum posts, and such.

The only poll that had an impact of the future of SoulCalibur after SCV was the Popularity Poll back in 2015. Okubo knows what fans want. Project Soul is selling characters that are popular. The similar weapon argument was dumb when people saw that Cassie & Amy were in Season 1. Project Soul ever since SCIII has done a great job of making characters with similar weapons different. Cassie became much more diverse in every game after SCII. Amy got a huge overhaul in SCIII:AE and returned for SCIV unlike Hwang & Li Long. If SCVI S2 is the last Season, Project Soul will sell the remaining popular characters with unique movesets.

Back