Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

I would’ve done this a while back to delete the “new timeline” nonsense until it’s actually concretely a thing for sure, because all it’s done is create discontinuity in pages for characters who aren’t in SoulCalibur VI for some and for others (Dürer), the new information was just assimilated into their old page, so it’s not even consistent. I guess I lack the will to do it when it would likely just get reversed anyway because I’m “causing a fuss” but I would argue the spread of misinformation defeats the purpose of wikis, but it’s whatever. I commend your efforts if you go through with it.
Thanks. I feel appreciated. lol

A few things are really different now. Mainly Yoshimitsu having 2 swords from the jump and Tira having 2 personas rather than just being manic-depressive. But, those are kind of just retcon territory. I guess I don't mind the ground work being laid for a possible larger schism going forward, insofar as it's well-maintained. But it sounds like there are some problems there. lol

"Historical accuracy" major lol.

There are oh so many inaccuracies and anachronistic elements... also, Greece, Germany, Italy, France, England,and Spain (among others) didn't have that system, so even if they used the age reckoning system, it wouldn't be historically accurate, for half the characters wouldn't even know such system.

"Historical accuracy" major lol.

There are oh so many inaccuracies and anachronistic elements... also, Greece, Germany, Italy, France, England,and Spain (among others) didn't have that system, so even if they used the age reckoning system, it wouldn't be historically accurate, for half the characters wouldn't even know such system.
Again, this would only be in relation to Mitsurugi and his place in Japanese history. It would make sense for his stated age specifically. Otherwise, no one else besides Hilde and Ivy (kind of) even have an official birth year. So, everyone's ages can just be following the customs of wherever they're from.

Remember, Viola is 24 tri-color stars. lol

Hahaaaaaaa, forgot. It says that Cervantes got Soul Edge in 1553. So, if his aging stopped at 48. That means he was likely born in 1505. So, 4 people with birth years.

Ok, I'll do it, and it's not often that this happens: I guess you're right and I was wrong. After searching my bum off on various websites, so far there isn't any statement that SE/SB happened in 1584. Everything seems to have originated from one editor on the wiki. The rest of the information (on video games websites and such) don't seem to have any reliable source.

What a slap to the face, knowing that all our lore is based on something wrong! xD

EDIT: what still kinda bothers me is that the information the game was set in 1584 seems to be dating back from at least 2006, and the source was supposedly the old Soul Archive website.

Last edited:
What a slap to the face, knowing that all our lore is based on something wrong! xD
That's what I'm saying! lol

At least it's all good now.

Man, that's really disappointing that someone would do that :( It's just so unnecessary.
I can't watch the vid at the moment. But, I'll take everyone's word for it that it's bad. And that twitlonger story is awful. I hope that gets sorted out.

Historical accuracy, I guess. The idea of that really only applies to where Mitsurugi's birthdate was listed in that alternate telling of Japanese history. Other than that, they never really went into the years for anything until SCV.

I'll also say that even today, Japan still uses the classical age when announcing obituaries and such. For example, when Unshō Ishizuka (Heihachi, Mr. Satan, Joseph Joestar) died last year, some outlets reported him to be 68, but he was technically 67.

Dont remind me of Heihachi's voice actor's death

I can't watch the vid at the moment. But, I'll take everyone's word for it that it's bad. And that twitlonger story is awful. I hope that gets sorted out.

This video is a match video from a tournament of a person that has nothing to do with this situation. They just both happen to have Amethyst in their handle (which the actual person mentioned in the twitlonger had her handle changed for a while now).

Reiterating for anyone that’s may have missed the correction, this post is about AmethystKELLY, NOT AmethystLady.

Merry Caliburmas everyone. As SantAzwel Claus’ little Voldo, I have created a list to see who has been naughty or nice in these dang parts on 8WR here. Down below you’ll all see where you stand on the list for this year and what your fate upon the spectrum shall be. But first read the following:
This list is not meant to be taken seriously. If you for some reason took offense to this, then you did not read this spoiler. Have a nice day.

DanteSC3

Dissidia

LisaK

Sytus

Ninjaguy446

Rusted Blade

JohnMcKee

Soul

FluffyQuack (aka NOT Sectus)

Ukkesh

CelestialZodiac

Autumn

Foot

Spanky

WindupSkeleton

Project Bokuho

SpellcraftQuill

Kostas_Greece

Heniek

Peacock Jive

GhostTear

SSfox

REPROBEAN CHILD

HackNslash

Alexandra

ElegantRaven

AndyrooSC

mokamoka827

HogisGuy

CFW

And some other random people I probably don’t remember...

Vergeben/Fraud/Trash

For those in the nice list, SantaAzwel Claus shall deliver gifts for all of you and shall bring a glimmer of hope...for HUMANITY!

People who are naughty shall be deemed as outsiders and will be annihilated by our lord and saviour and shall have their souls consumed by Soul Edge. He does what is necessary to save the human race and deliver joy.

Happy Holidays! :D

Last edited:
merry christmas! they posted this today but I have no idea what they are saying!

May the lesbian barbarian bless your stockings with "SEXY" gifts and curse those baddies with ROCKS of coal

Back