Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

That would not be Algol any more.
The character would be the same, just moveset different. I mean they could always spin it as his move set before he interacted with soul edge. Also, the reason I thought wave swords would work was because he already incorporates them a little with his arm moves.

Well...ok, fair point! But there are some caveats in that instance: for all intents and purposes in SCV, Viola was a separate character--amongst hardcore fans the possibility they were one in the same person was a pretty popular theory, but know one knew for sure and the average casual fan probably never had a clue. In fact, her switch in style was kind of required as part of the method for keeping Viola's identity in question. You're not wrong that this counter-example alluded me when I made that comment, but I'd still argue that it's a very different case from Algol giving up the Soul weapons (which don't just define his moveset, but also his story ark) in order to horn in on Revenant's territory.

The moveset is the character.
In general that's how I look at it; or at least, it's the variety and qualities of the movesets that is most important to me, regardless of what is otherwise judged to be the defining aspect of a "character". On the other hand, Algol does have the most malleable of all styles, short Azwel and Necrid. It could theoretically work to revisit his moveset a little to keep the general overall style, but have elements of moves from other characters mixed in. sort of a half-way point between 'I Xeroxed their moves' pastiche style of Necrid/Azwel and the kind of T-2000 morpho-blades Azwel has now. I can't imagine there's a lot of motivation amongst PS to do much reconfiguration of that style, but it's theoretically possible they might mix his moves up somehow, and that's one way.

Last edited:
Algol's weapons are tailored to his body. Putting it on different size bodies will create weird clipping and hitbox issues.
Clipping and hitbox issues are CAS problems in general (see Astaroth). Algol's style (and Ezio's as well) is usable by CAS back in SCV via hex editing. I did that myself and it doesn't have any issues visually or technically. It works fine just like any other CASable fighting style. The giant claw came out of the character's chest just like how it would come out of Algol's.

Last edited:
Bandai Namco is giving more content to Tekken 7. Maybe there's a chance of Season 3 for Soulcalibur VI.

That's definitely welcome news, whatever that content ends up being, but I can't help but wonder what it really is: those placeholders would be awfully early for a fourth season, unless they had a lot of that content in development for some time, and that seems unlikely for a few reasons. Despite the number of items, I suspect that this free content of some sort. But it's definitely one of those situations where I will be pretty thrilled to end up being wrong.

That's definitely welcome news, whatever that content ends up being, but I can't help but wonder what it really is: those placeholders would be awfully early for a fourth season, unless they had a lot of that content in development for some time, and that seems unlikely for a few reasons. Despite the number of items, I suspect that this free content of some sort. But it's definitely one of those situations where I will be pretty thrilled to end up being wrong.
Recently, Murray commented about how much he wanted to give more free content (since there's a huge demand), but the company can't afford such things that often. Then maybe is not free content...

Clipping and hitbox issues are CAS problems in general (see Astaroth). Algol's style (and Ezio's as well) is usable by CAS back in SCV via hex editing. I did that myself and it doesn't have any issues visually or technically. It works fine just like any other CASable fighting style. The giant claw came out of the character's chest just like how it would come out of Algol's.
Ezio’s style worked fine for me too, but I never got Algol’s to function properly. All the attacks would deal no damage. I figured it was just broken and unusable. It was never a huge focus, though, so admittedly I didn’t try that hard to fix it, it just didn’t work across the three characters I tried it on and I was just kind of like oh well I guess. I was a lot more focused on my unrealized dream that was having Pyrrha as Pyrrha Omega but with her normal face and style, and I never got that to work either. It wouldn’t have been strictly necessary to hex edit this if they’d given us Pyrrha Omega boots to go with the rest of her CaS parts, and I’ll probably begrudge them for that forever.

Dampierre using Ezio’s style was pretty great, though. And Ezio using Dampierre’s style.

Recently, Murray commented about how much he wanted to give more free content (since there's a huge demand), but the company can't afford such things that often. Then maybe is not free content...
Yeah, that's definitely a valid argument, but it's also possible that each of those five items is something distinct enough to get its own itemization in the release list, to be dropped at different dates, but still be something relatively trivial that doesn't demand much budget. But I'll admit, it's intriguing, and it's certainly not impossible it represents a new season. If that happens, it will definetly buoy my expectations for SCVI:S3

...On the other hand, given the reaction to all of T7:S3 dropping before half of SCVI:S2, if so much as a single bowling ball pin is dropped for Tekken Season 4 before Season 2 of Soulcalibur is released, I expect most of this forum to go up like fireworks!

That would not be Algol any more.

I don't want Algol with wave swords (leave them for Revenant) but Algol having his sword from SC4 cutscene would work. Because SC6 story spans a period of time, there's nothing stopping Algol's story from taking place in the past. It would be interesting going through his hardship of killing his son and freezing himself in crystal.

I don't want Algol with wave swords (leave them for Revenant) but Algol having his sword from SC4 cutscene would work. Because SC6 story spans a period of time, there's nothing stopping Algol's story from taking place in the past. It would be interesting going through his hardship of killing his son and freezing himself in crystal.
Wait...I thought that sword was a larval Soul Edge? Are we talking about the opening cinematic or one of the backstory comic-book style scenes?

Algol fans like him because of his style.
Also at some point (SC7 or SC8) his story won't be able to take place in the past anymore, so you will lose the story excuse and face the whole fighting style dilemma again. Do we need two versions of Algol in future games like Tekken's Jin/Devil Jin? No we don't, nobody wants that. It's silly.

If we can have both Amy and Viola, Siegfried/Raphael and Nightmare, and Alpha/Omega Patroklos/Pyrrha, then I’m not absolutely opposed to having a Soul Edge (Nauplis) Algol and a Floating Throne Algol, though the challenge would be in distancing Algol from Siegfried and Nightmare, him being a third zweihander user. The more likely scenario would be having Nauplis return as a Nightmare weapon and Algol using the style only in his story appearance in the past.

Wait...I thought that sword was a larval Soul Edge? Are we talking about the opening cinematic or one of the backstory comic-book style scenes?
I'm on about the opening cinematic, I don't know anything about the comic.

Algol fans like him because of his style.
Also at some point (SC7 or SC8) his story won't be able to take place in the past anymore, so you will lose the story excuse and face the whole fighting style dilemma again. Do we need two versions of Algol in future games like Tekken's Jin/Devil Jin? No we don't, nobody wants that. It's silly.
I'm not making the case that it's for the best, I'm talking purely from a selfish position.

Back