Soul Calibur VI: General discussion

That's a sticker you put on. I followed Yoshie's steps on how to apply it:
Uggghhhhhh, this is another reason why they should just have 2P costumes on the character select screen. Why would they make the consumer go through this to recreate the outfit?

I'm trying to remember if Shugen told much to Setsuka about the duel with Mitsurugi because there wasn't any ill intent between them, right? Though I also don't remember why they randomly tried to duel to the death. I would have figured Shugen would have told Setsuka they were just having a friendly duel where they somehow got a bit too carried away. It makes Setsuka seem overly vindictive if her goal now is to outright murder Mitsurugi without at least asking the guy about what happened.
Mitsurugi wanted to learn techniques that could defeat the Tanegashima rifle and Gyobu wanted to set Shugen up. It wasn't quite "friendly" but they weren't actively trying to kill each other. More like whatever happens happens. Setsuka knew Shugen was fine with it, and Setsuka was going to let it go until she realized that she loved Shugen romantically. Now she feels like she can't move on unless Mitsurugi dies.

I don't know if its the makeup/lighting, but the face for Setsuka looks dramatically different. The comparison pictures really help cement in my head that they did an entire overhaul
The lower half (cheekbones and jawline) also look a lot more pronounced for SC4 Setsuka

It's weird but i think it's the hair?
With black classic hair she looks pretty normal.
But with her new blonde hair she looks like a completely different character in my opinion.

It's weird but i think it's the hair?
With black classic hair she looks pretty normal.
But with her new blonde hair she looks like a completely different character in my opinion.
It depends, is it the art or is it the actual model? The art is a lot darker in comparison to the other characters, which definitely makes it a bit more noticeable. And hair colour can make a huge difference. There are people I wouldn't be able to recognize without their hair colour

Uggghhhhhh, this is another reason why they should just have 2P costumes on the character select screen. Why would they make the consumer go through this to recreate the outfit?
I really hope with Season 3 they do just that right from their first big season patch. All DLC characters except Haohmaru and Tira basically already have free 2P costumes they can wear, it would only require adding free 2P parts for the vanilla roster, which is not a piece of cake, but also not impossible. If they can add new moves to everyone, they should be able to add 19 CaS sets at once. With most character they can reuse costumes from SC4/5 anyway.

Last edited:
I really hope with Season 3 they do just that right from their first big season patch. All DLC characters except Haohmaru and Tira basically already have free 2P costumes they can wear, it would only require adding free 2P parts for the vanilla roster, which is not a piece of cake, but also not impossible. If they can add new moves to everyone, they should be able to add 19 CaS sets at once. With most character they can reuse costumes from SC4/5 anyway.
He actually replied to me and said that they have no plans to do that. And to just think of the past costumes as an extra bonus. F. 😑

It's kind of made even worse by the fact that her shoulder tattoo is part of a completely different DLC set.

Last edited:
It seems like a pipe dream, but if we could get some SoulCalibur III outfits back, that would be pretty amazing. 2p costumes especially, those have been some of the best designs in the entire series. But for whatever reason, it seems super difficult or impossible to do this, makes me wonder what Hwang is going to bring as his bonus costume. Probably just a Yun-seong costume from SoulCalibur IV, but I feel like that's a disservice to Hwang. And then if that does happen, and Yun-seong is then in season three, what bonus costume does Yun-seong get? Does Yun-seong become the first character to get both his 1p and his 2p from SoulCalibur IV? Seems unfair.

As we've seen with Cass. Setsuka, and Hilde, they usually have an old previous outfit in its entirety and other pieces as CAS items. with this, in mind, I think Hwang will definitely get pieces of his Soul Edge (definitely those boots and headband) and SC1 outfit ( maybe pants, top and armbands). And his SC3 costume in its entirety.
along with his chest tattoo from is 2p outfit in SC1 (likely a sticker in CAS pack F)

Last edited:
SP3 Characters :
  • Yun-Seong - leaked codename STAR, will go first for multiple reasons: he is the most popular among all Season 3 SC-original characters and will generate the most hype, he will be most probably teased in Hwang's story and you want to follow up on your teases as soon as possible, he won't require too much work and therefore time to design, Hwang will be decloned from Yun to begin with, Yun will be mostly his SC4 self.
  • Guest - so far guests always went second (and for a good reason), I think this tradition will continue. The main reason is basically that guests sell Season Passes, so it if smart to release them as soon as possible, yet guests are also new characters that need to be designed from scratch as far as SC gameplay goes, so there is not enough time for them to be properly developed for the first slot, therefore the second slot is the next best thing that is actually viable.
  • Aeon - leaked codename REPILE. Will go third because slots one and two are already occupied while Rock needs to go last. Also from a story perspective it makes more sense to first kidnap Bangoo to save him second.
  • Rock - leaked codename STONE. Will go last because among all Season 3 SC-original characters Rock requires the most amount of work (and therefore time) to declone him from Astaroth. Also for aforementioned story reasons.

It can be him, but what about Algol or Viola ?
Yun is more popular than those two combined and unlike those two actually fits the timeline.
He just makes more sense from all perspectives.
So basically we get aeon and 3 wasted slots ? sounds like every other season
So apparently we are on our second Aeon now and approaching third Kappa.

Last edited:
Back