• Setsuka
  • Hwang (to be announced soon)

SP3 Characters :

• Rock ?
  • Guest ? Newcomer ?
  • Yun-Seong ?
  • Viola ?

My Season 3 prediction:

Rock: He is a classic SoulBlade/SoulCalibur character with many fans and he is the true Barbarian warrior, he has nothing to do with Astaroth! I think that if he will be included in Season 3 his modified moves will be awesome!

Algol: His story is too interesting I think that it all started from him! We have to see in his story how SoulEdge came in his son's hands and how Algol create the "spirit sword" SoulCalibur and sacrifised his life to save his son. And also his fighting style is so unique he uses the two soul swords, canons with bubbles (LOL!) some kind of wave swords and even his throne! I think that with SCVI mechanics he will also be a cool character to use!

Brand New Female Character: SoulCalibur VI is the only SC game that didn't introduce us a new female character, so I think that there is a hope for this! I want a new female character in the game, maybe an archer or a character with a really unique weapon and style!

Dampierre: To be honest I never liked him, but many fans asked for him! I have to admit it that she has a really unique and prototype style, these hidden daggers in his sleeves are really cool, I think that he has a chance to return and find out more of his story!

P.S I think that the SCV newcomer characters like Z.W.E.I and Viola won't return and I feel strange and sad because they are so unique! But, who knows? They are too high requested characters from the fans! They still have a chance.

Yun-Seong? I really want him, but this time Hwang will be revived to take all of this glory that Yun-Seong "stole" from him! We will see him as a cameo and I think that some of his armor parts, his hairstyle and his weapon "White Storm" will be customisable in Creation Mode when Hwang will be released!

Li-Long? The most underrated and forgotten character in SoulCalibur history! I think that the developers of Project Soul should revive him to differ from Maxi! They should give him a new style! Maybe with a three-section staff as his weapon https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-section_staff

NO MORE GUESTS: I think that with Geralt, 2B and HaohMaru we are complete and we don't need another one guest character for SoulCalibur VI! This time Project Soul and Namco did the right choises to include these characters as guests in the game, their styles are awesome and they fit very much in SoulCalibur universe!

Last edited:
The energy from Setsuka completely blows Haohmaru out of the water. It seemed like the population didn’t really increase much with Haohmaru in comparison to Sets. For whatever reason Setsuka and the update she came with shot a lot more energy into the game than I was anticipating. I hate to shit on Haohmaru because he’s not a bad guest...he’s just underwhelming to me due to the 8 month wait for him.
—-

I will keep insisting that Yun is going to be in season 3. Project Souls logic is probably using him as a hostage for Season 3 because Rock, Lizard, Algol and Long Schlong are not popular enough males to headline a DLC pass.

I am assuming they are hoping that Yun will be the Setsuka equivalent for Season 3. (Demand and popularity)

Let’s be honest, there are only like 5 hardcore Algol fans on Reddit and everyone who wants him back wants him back out of sympathy for the old diaper bastard being usurped by Azwel and his superior thong

Last edited:
The energy from Setsuka completely blows Haohmaru out of the water. It seemed like the population didn’t really increase much with Haohmaru in comparison to Sets. For whatever reason Setsuka and the update she came with shot a lot more energy into the game than I was anticipating. I hate to shit on Haohmaru because he’s not a bad guest...he’s just underwhelming to me due to the 8 month wait for him.
—-

When you have a characters with a unique styles like Hilde & Setsuka a lot more drawing power. Cassie & Amy have draws too, but some people like to use the similar weapons argument to still claim that they're still clones when that's not the case. Some moves can be similar, but they can have different properties. I felt some people the same with Haohmaru because Yoshimitsu & Mitsurugi exists. Haohmaru being a SCVI S2 guess wasn't bad because most of the assets of his stage were used for Setsuka's stage.
Also, Setsuka thinks Haohmaru is Mitsurugi because of the similar VS intro "I will strike you down & keep moving forward" :sc3set1:

I will keep insisting that Yun is going to be in season 3. Project Souls logic is probably using him as a hostage for Season 3 because Rock, Lizard, Algol and Long Schlong are not popular enough males to headline a DLC pass.

I am assuming they are hoping that Yun will be the Setsuka equivalent for Season 3. (Demand and popularity)

Let’s be honest, there are only like 5 hardcore Algol fans on Reddit and everyone who wants him back wants him back out of sympathy for the old diaper bastard being usurped by Azwel and his superior thong

2 dao users in the same season pass doesn't seem smart because a lot of people will complain about similar weapons. I think Hwang is going to revamped because people don't know about his SCIII: AE moveset. I saw big differences with Yun-seong in SCIII & IV.

SCVI S1 Azwel was no SCIV Algol bceause Algol was originally designed as a boss character & he was busted in SCIV with his bubbles & constant wall splats for infinites especially with his 33B not being SLNC. I think Algol is the reason for better wall combos in SCV & SCVI. I think characters like Algol & Viola may be saved for SCVII.

Even Tara knows that Kari is the best Setsuka. :sc3set1:

I like the energy Kari delivers when Setsuka does some of her attacks. Listening to Tara's SCVI Setsuka voice it's softer in her attacks. I also like the lines of confidence they deliver.

Kari's Setsuka - "Don't even dare think...that this will be easy"

Tara's Setsuka - "I swear on my blade, I fear nothing"

Those lines set the tone that Setsuka was strong & difficult to master.

I enjoyed Tara's voice acting as Setsuka in the Soul Chronicle to show her care for her master & confidence when it was needed. That Soul Chronicle gave Setsuka more personality than her SCIII & IV endings did.

Last edited:
—-

Based on this, looks like Haohmaru and Amy had the lowest impact on the player base: https://steamcharts.com/app/544750

DLC characters sorted by the highest impact on player base (starting with highest):
2B (1912)
Cassandra (1646)
Hilde (1487)
Setsuka (1334)
Amy (784)
Haohmaru (695)

Of course, there are other variables to consider: the game was still new-ish with an overall high player base when 2B was released, Cass was released during EVO and EVO might have been made people more excited to play the game again, and a few of these characters might have been released during a sale.

I'm not surprised Haohmaru has the smallest impact. For guest characters, they should go for huge franchises in order to bring as many new people into SC as possible. If it's gonna be a fighting game, then it would need to be a huge fighting game like Tekken or Street Fighter. But non-fighting game IPs are the best bet. I don't like 2B, but I can't deny there were a lot of people drawn to playing SC6 because she's in it.

Out of all 3 guests hao is by far the best one tbh. His moveset is extremely well rounded and interesting while still being the only guest character who wasnt dumb on release. While 2b could ahve been interesting but is just straight up unga bunga faceroll with a terrible moveset. And geralt is pretty much resident sleeper

what did Haohmaru bring mechanically to the table ?

• Power attacks with special block stagger animations + unique followup defensive options
• directional A+B inputs that are slightly weaker versions of 236/623 command attacks
• projectiles (though already existed)
• attack animation cancelling on certain normal attacks on hit/block
• Max Rage
• Rage explosion
• Multiple CEs

It may be, but of the 250 interactions I had when asking about the guests, Haohmaru was by far the best rated, which was a surprise to me. :sc2mit1:

I wouldn't be surprised you got impression mainly from the hardcore demographic of Calibur. Out of the guests, Haohmaru is the least eye popping but under the hood he has a bangin moveset that rivals a lot of the main cast. Project Soul knocked it out of the park with him that I kinda want to see more SamSho characters in SC6 just to see what direction they would take them in.

Out of all 3 guests hao is by far the best one tbh. His moveset is extremely well rounded and interesting while still being the only guest character who wasnt dumb on release. While 2b could ahve been interesting but is just straight up unga bunga faceroll with a terrible moveset. And geralt is pretty much resident sleeper
What are you talking about, not-even-Willis? First off, have you even played Nier? Because 2B's moveset is incredibly faithful, and I don't understand how you can fault Project Soul for doing what they always do with guests (and indeed, as arguably is the only option for a guest): they found a way to make her work with the mechanics of the host game while showing fidelity to her original design. She's well balanced towards the upper middle tier (the best you can hope for with a guest), while bringing a distinctive role to the roster, which niche is not-quite like any previous SC character, regular or guest. And who the hell gives two shits about her face--it's a fighting game, bro, not a beauty pageant.

Meanwhile, if there was an award for "guest character in a fighting game who is most completely redundant both tonally and in terms of basic mechanics with one of the main characters already in the game" Haohmaru would win hands down even if you opened the contest up to every console generation. I mean, don't get me wrong--I'm happy that there have ended up being a lot of people who have really gelled with how he plays and who am I to say "Really that, guy? Mitsu's hillybilly cousin, complete with moonshine? Ok..." So long as a non-trivial number of people enjoy him, that's good enough justification for me for him to be in the game. But to compare his worth in terms of the overall novelty that he brings to table, when compared against 2B and Geralt?

What are you talking about, not-even-Willis? First off, have you even played Nier? Because 2B's moveset is incredibly faithful, and I don't understand how you can fault Project Soul for doing what they always do with guests (and indeed, as arguably is the only option for a guest): they found a way to make her work with the mechanics of the host game while showing fidelity to her original design. She's well balanced towards the upper middle tier (the best you can hope for with a guest), while bringing a distinctive role to the roster, which niche is not-quite like any previous SC character, regular or guest. And who the hell gives two shits about her face--it's a fighting game, bro, not a beauty pageant.

Meanwhile, if there was an award for "guest character in a fighting game who is most completely redundant both tonally and in terms of basic mechanics with one of the main characters already in the game" Haohmaru would win hands down even if you opened the contest up to every console generation. I mean, don't get me wrong--I'm happy that there have ended up being a lot of people who have really gelled with how he plays and who am I to say "Really that, guy? Mitsu's hillybilly cousin, complete with moonshine? Ok..." So long as a non-trivial number of people enjoy him, that's good enough justification for me for him to be in the game. But to compare his worth in terms of the overall novelty that he brings to table, when compared against 2B and Geralt?

RIGHT!? Glad I wasn’t the only person to see and initially be INDESCRIBABLY surprised and happy with the faith of 2B’s transfer from NieR, and she was MUCH more intriguing than Haohmaru (who imo really only has his sexiness going for him). Yet with 2B, I personally wish to see a chunk of her aesthetic make it to a new character. I’m not so much into Pod, but I love the rest of her stuff.

And this is from 2B doing the reverse for me, and finally pushing me over to try NieR:Automata. At her release, all I knew about it was that its OST is IM👏🏽PEC👏🏽CA👏🏽BLE👏🏽!!!
But no storyline or characters besides the pop3. And I’m certainly happy to have been convinced by the release and aesthetic of her trailer to listen to my friends and start it.

Haohmaru on the other hand unfortunately still has me completely uninterested in SamSho 😔

Back