Soulcalibur VI DLC Discussion Thread

What unique character mechanics (ie:Maxi's stars, Amy's roses, Zas' curse etc) would you give for the remaining characters not in SC6?

My idea for Aeon is based on his SC5 lore. In SC5, we learn that he gains abilities based on what he eats. My concept is that he will have certain bite moves that he must land during the match, maximum of 3. Each stage he gains new moves or some moves are enhanced. For example, during stage 3 he gains wing related moves.

For Aeon specifically ?

1) He might have some emphasis on hp regeneration as the cold blooded reptilian warrior.
• It could be a variant of yoshi's meditation healing stance,
• just as a raw hp recovery bonus after bite-attack throws (sort of like Yoshi's life-drain grab)
• It could even be a resource expenditure that causes passive gradual hp regen (will be broken only once he takes damage)

2) I really hope he has tail whip attacks, but I don't know how a custom-character using his moveset will do? Maybe the tail becomes a "weapon" sort of like Yoshimitsu's flag banner thing. This way you could have a bunch of alt skins
• Lizard tail
• Clubbed tail (ankylosaurus)
• Spiked tail with thagomizer (stegosaurus)
• Split forked tail
• Snake-head tail
• Scorpion tail

3) I'm hoping his playstyle feels like a heavy hitter (SC5) more than a sophie-clone (SC4). His movements are sluggish but he can be surprisingly explosive with animalistic bursts of speed followed by recovery (something like nightmare's explosiveness tied to a sluggish body like a slower astaroth)

Last edited:
For Aeon specifically ?

1) He might have some emphasis on hp regeneration as the cold blooded reptilian warrior.
• just as a raw hp recovery bonus after bite-attack throws (sort of like Yoshi's life-drain grab)
• It could even be a resource expenditure that causes passive gradual hp regen (will be broken only once he takes damage)

2) I really hope he has tail whip attacks, but I don't know how a custom-character using his moveset will do? Maybe the tail becomes a "weapon" sort of like Yoshimitsu's flag banner thing. This way you could have a bunch of alt skins
• Lizard tail
• Split forked tail
• Snake-head tail
• Scorpion tail

3) I'm hoping his playstyle feels like a heavy hitter (SC5) more than a sophie-clone (SC4). His movements are sluggish but he can be surprisingly explosive with animalistic bursts of speed followed by recovery (something like nightmare's explosiveness tied to a sluggish body like a slower astaroth)
Do not forget about Aeon having among the strongest RO potential and ability to kill step with 66A in SCV. Two things I feel that he should carry over regardless of what fighting style they give him and would benefit his Lethal Hits.

What unique character mechanics (ie:Maxi's stars, Amy's roses, Zas' curse etc) would you give for the remaining characters not in SC6?

My idea for Aeon is based on his SC5 lore. In SC5, we learn that he gains abilities based on what he eats. My concept is that he will have certain bite moves that he must land during the match, maximum of 3. Each stage he gains new moves or some moves are enhanced. For example, during stage 3 he gains wing related moves.
I really don't want anymore resource gimmicks for future characters, especially ones that lock actual moves behind them. If we have to then the way they're applied to Setsuka's moves are fine in that the resource acts as an extension buff.
I'm most assuredly in the same camp as Sytus on this one: I outright loathe the "do your chores and then we'll see about you playing with your whole moveset!" approach that has already infected the gameplay of this entry (often with regard to characters who already present some technical challenges. I really don't think we need one ounce more of this in the game. I've said in the past that it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world to model Lizardman primarily on his earlier appearances in terms of tone (though obviously with a more robust and idiosyncratic moveset than he had in those games), but allow some of his more wild SCV Aeon moves (including possibly firebreath, not necessarily as keen on the wings) to be unlocked in Soul Charge. That's really the extent of the moveset gatekeeping that I'd like to see for him.

For Aeon specifically ?

• Lizard tail
• Split forked tail
• Snake-head tail
• Scorpion tail

Do not forget about Aeon having among the strongest RO potential and ability to kill step with 66A in SCV. Two things I feel that he should carry over regardless of what fighting style they give him and would benefit his Lethal Hits.

I understand why SCV Aeon's moveset is somewhat controversial: in many respects it is the epitome of the issues that arose under Daishi's direction in terms of self-indulgently deconstructing the franchise's mechanics, mythos and tone in general, trying to make everything a little different and remake the wheel and put a unique stamp on the entry. But at the same time, it has to be said, Aeon in that game is a very interesting character with a well-defined niche: a very techy character who has a great selection of combos with damage that adds up quickly, but which are highly context sensitive and difficult to pull off. His wall combos in particular are just so much fun: I can't pretend to have ever put in time to utilize him appropriate in that game, but even jsut watching someone who had was entertainment in itself.

I can understand those who would have concerns about mixing in yet more of the classical street fighter/campcom/typical 2D fighter emphasis on comboing into a game in this franchise at a higher level of emphasis that is usually present in SC games, but I think the afore-mentioned timing and positioning constraints to initiate these combos and get the best out of them, combined with the demands of execution throughout, allowed this element to be fused into Aeon's moveset in such a way that didn't feel cheap or as entirely out of place as it might have otherwise. In short, this is a feature of the SCV moveset that I wouldn't mind seeing a return to, even if the actual particulars of the moves (including which weapons they utilize) are more visually in line with classic Lizardman. And in this respect, it's worth noting that only a few of those aforementioned crazy Aeon-SCV combos utilized the the mystical dragon moves (fire breath, wings, so forth).

As to the idea of regen, if they were to do something like this, I think it makes more sense to give a static portion of damage done with the bite as healed HP, rather than applying a permanent buff: there's just too much potential for unbalancing things and disrupting the flow of combat if you encourage one player to take a bite and then engage in keep-away/turtle-up hijinks in the back half of almost any given round. Besides, thematically, I think linking that regen to static amount of health return as a product of a specific amount of damage done would make more sense. Although...given the conceit of the game that nobody looks the worst for wear (other than their outfits and hair) at the end of any match of any Soulcalibur game, no matter how large the weapon that looked to be cleaving through them, I'm not sure the bite mechanic is a good aesthetic fit in any case: it might just strain the consistencies in what we are seeing even further, when, as fans of this series, our brains are already asked to do a lot of heavy lifting in terms of suspension of disbelief, as is.

Last edited:
Wonder how they'll change Rock's role after being used to make Astaroth? He should just save Bangoo already and meet the other cast. Who'd be the best for him to meet and to go after Cervantes too.

There is no mention in his profile about any revenge against Cervantes. He goes to Europe and fights Sophitia, then he finds out that Bangoo has been kidnapped and defeat Aeon (Lizardman). as for Astaroth he only knows him during SC 3, when there were rumors about a "Black Giant" which resulted in the confrontation between the two, in which Rock almost dies, but that didn't stop him from going after Astaroth again in SC4. :sc1ast1:

Non-canon: he accompanied Cassandra to Ostrheinsburg but they were intercepted by Astaroth and his malfested 'valkyries'. (based on the SC 4 story mode, where in the Cassandra / Rock stories they end up 'traveling' together in chapter 2 in Osthreinsburg.) :sc4cas1:

We know that Cassandra managed to reach Sophitia but ended up at Astral Chaos, taking into account that Maxi was the one who destroyed Astaroth, I will say that maybe Rock ended up dying during SC 4. :sc2maxi1:

Something very interesting that Hilde's soldiers who were attacked by Durer in Hilde's Soul Chronicle are the same ones that accompanied Astaroth in SC4, Helmwige and Ortlinde, which would imply that instead of dying in the ambush they ended up becoming Durer's 'berserkers'. :sc4hil1:

Last edited:
More like the WANG CaS pack
latest

We got an idea of his outfit from Seong Mi-na's Soul Chronicle. i think they will use that as a base and show a much more detailed version when he is announced.

but that was before Season 2 was even planned. I am thinking he will get a brand new outfit for his own story chronicle. I just can't decide if it will be in line with his previous outfits or something more radical.

but that was before Season 2 was even planned. I am thinking he will get a brand new outfit for his own story chronicle. I just can't decide if it will be in line with his previous outfits or something more radical.
It still stands to reason that it’s very possible that Hwang was planned for base roster and didn’t make it, so his delayed appearance could still be reflective of his art, since that could have been how he was going to be in the first place. I’m fine with it being this, no need to go super gaudy or over the top for his design or his style. Hwang has a classic look like Sophitia and Mitsurugi, and it works well for him.

It still stands to reason that it’s very possible that Hwang was planned for base roster and didn’t make it, so his delayed appearance could still be reflective of his art, since that could have been how he was going to be in the first place. I’m fine with it being this, no need to go super gaudy or over the top for his design or his style. Hwang has a classic look like Sophitia and Mitsurugi, and it works well for him.

I will simply agree to disagree about this, I see no evidence that Hwang was ever intended to be base roster (maybeeee lizardman). I also think people would not like paying for a character who has the same outfit from an older game (I somewhat expect the SC1 outfit to be free like sc4 setsuka/hilde/etc).

Sophitia and Mitsurugi do have classic appearances but they are still different enough to look new. I guess so far the Season 2 DLC designs have been more "gaudy" so I am a bit nervous over how he will look.......

I will simply agree to disagree about this, I see no evidence that Hwang was ever intended to be base roster (maybeeee lizardman).
Fair enough, but the strongest point I feel is that Hwang does not appear in any battles, while Han-myeong does, using Mitsurugi’s style. Hwang could easily have done so as well, but it seems a deliberate decision to not allow him to do so. Both Arthur and Han-myeong have unique features that cannot be recreated without modding, so Hwang could have well had these also. On top of that, why hire a voice actor for him rather than just use a custom character voice like Arthur and Han-myeong do? If you don’t believe, I can’t force you, but it’s how I feel.

I also think people would not like paying for a character who has the same outfit from an older game (I somewhat expect the SC1 outfit to be free like sc4 setsuka/hilde/etc).
His outfit remains rather unique, even if it is mostly rehashed from a previous game. It wouldn’t be the only one that isn’t just a touched up remake rather than a new outfit, but his being DLC might have some influence on this. Though I would be fine with him having his outfit as shown in the story, and a Yun-seong outfit as DLC, to at least offer a little something for Yun-Seong fans until they might can reclaim him in season three.

Sophitia and Mitsurugi do have classic appearances but they are still different enough to look new. I guess so far the Season 2 DLC designs have been more "gaudy" so I am a bit nervous over how he will look.......
And Hwang’s design in the art is also a bit different, having elements from both SoulCalibur I and SoulCalibur III. Using the other arts as a comparison, too, there’s sure to be other unseen detailed upgrades on his outfit, where it wouldn’t simply be a copy and paste job. I am hoping for a grounded style and a grounded outfit, nothing “gaudy”, as you put it. We shall see.

My theory is that they wanted to make more seasons but were very pessimistic before launch, hence why they didn't pigeonhole certain characters into being CAS clones.

Hwang is only in due to the popularity poll imo. If he's DLC the people who voted for him in 2015 saved him

Back