Soulcalibur VI General Roster Speculation Thread

SoulCalibur VI: which 3 characters do you most hope for?

• A brand new character

• Amy

• Cassandra

• Hilde

• Hwang/Yunsung and/or Lizardman

• Rock

• Setsuka

• Viola

• Z.W.E.I.

• Other: Abyss, Algol, Dampierre, Elysium, Leixia, Li Long, Patroklos, etc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
To be perfectly honest, I don't think she's gonna look like her SC3 version at all, I'm thinking she's most likely going to be a NPC in story mode and her look depends on if they'll decide to flat out merge Amy with Viola, or slowly transition her into Viola, so I'm predicting either a young SC2 looking Amy will appear or a hybrid of Viola & Amy under the name Viola will, the latter actually raises concern in me for Raphael, because they might actually change her story and remove Raphael all together, so I'm hoping for the first option.
btw, have you guys seen Groh's bio on the japanese official website? there's information about his family relations and apparently he has a friend called Curtis and a master called Ozuru, do you think one of them might possibly be the other rumored newcomer?
another interesting thing to note is how both Kilik's and Xianghua's bios do not mention Xianglian as a relative, I know it's subject to change, but why do you think that is? do you think it strengthen the chances of an appearance by Xianglian in the game? playable or NPC?

how both Kilik's and Xianghua's bios do not mention Xianglian as a relative, I know it's subject to change, but why do you think that is? do you think it strengthen the chances of an appearance by Xianglian in the game? playable or NPC?
Relations were always from the perspective of the characters. Usually from their upbringings.

Xianglian was never mentioned in Xianghua's in game profiles because Xianghua never knew that she existed.

In Kilik's case, it was always "Raised in Ling Sheng Su Temple, but he murdered everyone, including Xianglian, who was like a sister".

Also, while I wouldn't use this as a legitimate source, it could be believable because it may have been translated, but according to Fighter's Generation it mentions Xianglian in Kilik's SCVI backstory.

Another interesting thing to note is how both Kilik's and Xianghua's bios do not mention Xianglian as a relative, I know it's subject to change, but why do you think that is? do you think it strengthen the chances of an appearance by Xianglian in the game? playable or NPC?

Story spoilers & Xianglian will be just an NPC because she saves Kilik by giving him the Dvapara-Yuga at the exchange for her life. Kilik's Soul Charge is a reference to the Evil Seed happening after Siegfried becomes the new host of Soul Edge. SCVI's story will be a better retelling of SCI unlike Soul Calibur Legends for Wii where it claims Siegfried didn't get taken over. Siegfried's bad ending in Soul Edge/Blade had better plot detail than anything Soul Caliber Legends had.

Now that I'm given a clear definition of what constitutes a mimic character, would it be better off instead of having a mimic character add an extra functionality to the random character slot (the one with the question mark) so that every round is a different character?

Last edited:
Now that I'm given a clear definition of what constitutes a mimic character, would it be better off instead of having a mimic character add an extra functionality to the random character slot (the one with the question mark) so that every round is a different character?
Tag Team?

No, tag team is different, you manually push buttons during the round to swap character.

Also you know what character comes next.

I'm talking after a round (win/lose) the computer automatically switches to another character.

Just like mimic characters both you and the opponent don't know what character comes next.

Last edited:
(Mods: I didn't see a post like this on this sub-forum. Please advise if my post needs to be moved).

So I've been poring over the leaks, official releases, and speculation on this game for the past month or so; based on everything I've read, here's my thought process on the most important question regarding SCVI: Who's in, and who's out:

Confirmed:
-Groh
-Ivy
-Kilik
-Mitsurugi
-Nightmare
-Sophitia
-Xianghua
-Zasalamel
-One or more guest characters
-One or more additional new characters

Guaranteed (100% chance):
-Talim
-Voldo
-Taki

Basically Guaranteed (95% chance):
-Yoshimitsu
-Maxi

Highly likely (80% chance):
-Cervantes
-Lizardman

Likely (70% chance):
-Asteroth
-Cassandra
-Yun-Sung
-Rafael

Coin flip (50% chance):
-Hilde
-Hwang
-Rock
-Seong Mi-na
-Setsuka
-Sigfried
-Tira

Would be surprised (30% chance):
-Amy
-Edge Master

Would be shocked (10% chance):
-Dampierre
-Inferno/Soul Edge
-Li Long

Guaranteed not happening (0% chance):
-Abyss
-Algol
-Charade
-Elysium
-Leixia
-Natsu
-Necrid
-Night Terror
-Ocladan
-Patroklos
-Pyrrha
-Seong Han-Myeong
-Viola
-Xiba

Notes:

-The smallest size for the base roster that's been rumored is 22. Soul Calibur 4 only introduced 2 new characters when it came out- SC5 had a staggering 10 new characters. It seems safe to assume, given this is a reboot, that Bandai-Namco are more likely to go the 4 route, meaning we can expect 2, maybe 3 new characters along with 1-2 guest characters (per console). So, assuming we get 5 new/guest characters, plus the seven already confirmed returning characters, at a minimum there are 10 more veterans to be announced before launch. Based on my breakdown above, I'd say you should feel basically certain we will get Talim, Voldo, Taki, Yoshimitsu and Maxi. You should also feel pretty safe if you're a Cervantes or Lizardman fan. Where it gets dicey is if you love any of the following:
-Asteroth
-Cassandra
-Yun-Sung
-Rafael
-Hilde
-Hwang
-Rock
-Seong Mi-na
-Setsuka
-Sigfried
-Tira

There are 11 of these guys and only 3 slots left, once you account for the characters previously mentioned. We could be getting one or two more at launch, and could see up to six more as DLC, but even then that means not everyone is getting in. As a Rafael main, for example, this leaves me incredibly angsty.

Who do you think will make the cut? By way of conclusion, here's my best guess as to who will be on the final roster:

-Groh (confirmed)
-Ivy (confirmed)
-Kilik (confirmed)
-Mitsurugi (confirmed)
-Nightmare (confirmed)
-Sophitia (confirmed)
-Xianghua (confirmed)
-Zasalamel (confirmed)
-New Char (100% at least one more)
-New Char (very likely at least two more)
-Guest Char (100% a universal guest)
-Guest Char (100% at least one console exclusive per)
-Voldo (Obvious)
-Yoshimitsu (Obvious)
-Talim (She's in, stop worrying Talim mains. She's arguably the most popular char in the franchise and always comes out on top in popularity polls. She's in.)
-Taki (She's in, they'd be insane to repeat V's mistake.)
-Maxi (heavily rumored, pretty obvious.)
-Cervantes (heavily rumored, inclusion of Ivy makes him a no-brainer. Got to at least be guaranteed as DLC)
-Lizardman (Pretty obvious. the series has a bit of a glut of sword+shield users, but Liz is a pretty serious staple.)
-Asteroth (heavily rumored, inclusion of Maxi makes him an obvious choice, series staple, they don't have enough big, slow power fighters. I'm pretty confident on him).
-Yun-Sung (I'd say its pretty fair to guarantee you're gonna get him or Hwang, and while I'd probably prefer Hwang, Yun-Sung has broader name recognition. Yun-Sung feels like the better bet).
-Rafael (COME ON BANDAI-NAMCO. I know he doesn't win your dumb facebook popularity contests, but the guy is as series staple as it gets. His fighting style is unique (Yes, Amy, but there's no way they're including Amy and not Raf, so if they're just including one the style is unique), he's an iconic part of the roster, and I'll be so god-damn sad if he doesn't make it. Don't break my heart!)

Justification on some who I left out:
-Cassandra: This was easily the hardest call to make, and I would be completely un-surprised if I'm wrong and she ends up in the base game. She has to be at least DLC- She's incredibly iconic to the series and plays much more differently from Sophie then casuals give her credit for. I just think that, if it comes down to 22 characters, and they've already put in two sword/shields (Sophie and Liz), that might be enough for them to keep her out.

-Hilde: This was a "they introduced her too late in the timeline for her to show" argument. That being said, I doubt they are gonna be all that hard and fast on keeping to the timeline (beyond excluding all the V kiddies), so I could definitely see Hilde making it in.

-Hwang: See Yun-Sung.

-Rock: Lack the staple factor. Would love to see him though.

Song Mi-na: Staple, but a little derivative of Kilik. Solid DLC chances at a minimum though.

Setsuka: Would have made her less likely but then Zas rolled up and upset everyone's expectations. Total coin-flip on her.

Sigfried: Already revealed to be possessed inside Nightmares armor- would be odd, but not at all impossible, to see a clean version of him. I'd give him better than 50/50 chances of making at least some appearance.

Tira: See Setsuka, but slightly better odds for making more games and having a more unique playstyle.

Thoughts? Changes? Kind words to make me less worried about Rafael not being included?

More on Amy: Raphael adopted Amy after she saved him in 1583. Soul Calibur 1 takes place in 1587. Timeline wise, if they wanted to, they could include Amy, which is what I'm hoping for at this point lol She could look exactly like her SC3 self. My guess is that they probably only want one rapier user and tbh Raphael is getting really tired at this point. The only way I could see them including Amy and not Raphael is if, like before, she meets Kilik. They could maybe do something where after he cures her she decides to leave and find Raphael who's been missing (like in SC4) which could maybe lead to what eventually made her become Viola? But she'd probably just stay Amy in this game. So maybe she'll team up with another character in search of Soul Edge to find Raphael, like Talim? Given that they're both young girls they might want to stick together.

That we'll apparently have 22 characters at launch and 6 DLC characters, here's what I think, purple being confirmed, blue being most likely, green being slightly less likely but still pretty likely, and red being the DLC, of course:

1) Sophitia
2) Mitsurugi
3) Grøh
4) Nightmare
5) Xianghua
6) Kilik
7) Ivy
8) Zasalamel

9) Voldo
10) Taki
11) Grøh's Papi
12) Siegfried
13) Astaroth
14) Maxi
15) Cervantes
16) Tira
17) Talim

18) Yoshimitsu
19) Aeon
20) Cassandra
21) Raphael

22) Guest (Hopefully not Zoro, I honestly want Aranea)

1) Hwang
2) Seong Mi-na
3) Yun-seong
4) Setsuka
5) Amy
6) Hilde

That we'll apparently have 22 characters at launch and 6 DLC characters, here's what I think, purple being confirmed, blue being most likely, green being slightly less likely but still pretty likely, and red being the DLC, of course:

1) Sophitia
2) Mitsurugi
3) Grøh
4) Nightmare
5) Xianghua
6) Kilik
7) Ivy
8) Zasalamel

9) Voldo
10) Taki
11) Grøh's Papi
12) Siegfried
13) Astaroth
14) Maxi
15) Cervantes
16) Tira
17) Talim

18) Yoshimitsu
19) Aeon
20) Cassandra
21) Raphael

22) Guest (Hopefully not Zoro, I honestly want Aranea)

1) Hwang
2) Seong Mi-na
3) Yun-seong
4) Setsuka
5) Amy
6) Hilde

Cervantes is DLC & Hwang is in the launch roster.
https://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcal...rmation-discussion.19792/page-122#post-732393

But the "leak" thats been passing this info from Namco said Zasalamel would be DLC, and clearly that was flipped on its head. This is before Namco debunked this community theory that Zasalemel is assumed to have a small role because of the time this game takes place, and come to find out hes in the base roster and announced early on (touche). This stuff is actually getting pretty annoying to sift through a new "leak" every week at this point EVERYONE from Soul Blade to SC4 are fair game, so theres that.

Also using good judgement and maybe a sliver of a leak doesnt qualify something as a bonafide bombshell leak. I'm sure people internally talked about the launch trailer and that word spread through the channels, because nothing since the announcement has been leaked, not the order of the roster, not the story, nothing...

We dont even have anything that alludes to Kilik and Groh being "rivals" and that was the big thing before his announcement.

I'm not really believing much of what from this "person at Namco" says until I see it, and so far post launch trailer nothing has been truly surprising or leaked from the original leaker. If Maxi doesnt end up "gay" this would have been a big ridiculous emotional vampire sucking away at fans anticipation of the game.

I mean obviously if I worked on a small dev team and secrets were being leaked I would vet out those people and they would be delegated to other tasks and reprimanded. Why do you think a leak would go unchallenged on an unfinished game, this compromises the entire integrity of the project, its really not THAT hard to find out who a mole is at work.

Last edited:
@Frayhua I told you specifically that you were not to keep stating theories as facts. Vergeben himself said to take those "ex-namco employee" leaks with a grain of salt. ALL POSTS STATING THESE THINGS AS FACTS, DELETED.

I am one of those who prefer Amy above Viola.

If Namco/Project Soul decides to replace her by Viola in Soul Calibur VI a lot of people will be angry.

It would be the best to keep them as separate characters even if they are indeed the same. Both characters have enough fanbase behind so Amy must stay as Amy while Viola should stay as Viola.

Amy deserves to be in the main roster as much as Viola. They have completely different fighting styles.

If I had to choose one (considering they share the same voice actress), Amy would be the one and only.
She is more consistent within the storyline and her lore is connected to Raphael in a way no other character does. I mean Amy has been there since SCII intro while Viola was just a crazy-risky idea they got for SCV.

But well just give us both characters for SCVI (even if one of them is a DLC) and we will be happy. Otherwise Bamco will lose a great opportunity to make more money through DLC.

She is more consistent within the storyline and her lore is connected to Raphael in a way no other character does.
Amy :sc4amy1:
  • Raphael's daughter
  • Malfested
  • Neutral character
  • Appear in Broken Destiny/Lost Swords
Viola :sc5vio1:
  • Travel companion of Z.W.E.I
  • Member of Schwarzwind (lead by Siegfried aka. main protagonist of Soulcalibur series)
  • Temporarily traveled with Patroklos (main protagonist of Soulcalibur V)
  • Fortune-teller
  • Unique fighting style
  • Neutral character, but listed as an antagonist in SC oficial facebook
  • Only character in SoulCalibur V without a separate form in-game to have 2 battle themes: "Wandering Seer" and "Dance of the Oracle"
  • Appear in Soul Calibur Pachislot
  • She have a alternative costume, not a recolor from 1p Kappa
Amy is cool and have a great fanbase, but in terms of relevance Viola wins

Adoptive daughter, not real daughter, but you've undersold her, since it was Amy that nursed Raphael back to health at the end of SoulCalibur II (and that's why she became malfested), and it's Raphael's devotion to her that drives his story, and why he wants the swords, to create a world free from persecution for himself and Amy just because they're malfested. If you take Amy out from the story, and just have her be Viola from the start, then Raphael needs new motivation and a rewritten story, which they may or may not be willing to do.

Viola eventually would have come into contact with Raphael had the story been completed, and we'd have explored her identity, but as-is, in the canon story, we don't really have a whole lot to go on outside of speculation as to Viola's story. Unique fighting style, sure, but they could work that in (maybe as a Soul Charge buff) for Amy's style, to further separate it from Raphael's style. It's possible that Dance of the Oracle was meant to be Amy's theme, but it was cut due to the game not being complete, but we don't really even know.

. If you take Amy out from the story, and just have her be Viola from the start, then Raphael needs new motivation and a rewritten story, which they may or may not be willing to do.
I want to see Amy as a cameo in story mode and DLC in SC VI, but not in main roster...
If Amy was looking for Soul Edge to help her father she would have relevance in plot like Cassandra, but she doesn't do anything, she only serves as reason for Raphael comeback...
Viola connects to several characters in the series (Z.W.E.I, Siegfried, Patroklos, Pyrrha, Graf Dumas, probably Hilde and Voldo), but I prefer her in FUTURE timeline with Leixia, Patroklos, Riki, Xiba, Yoshimitsu II, Natsu, Z.W.E.I, Pyrrha, Hilde's sons...they need a second chance to shine in SC "XV"

Last edited:
Back